View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-E smoked?

alias.

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever tried this? What do you think would happen you laced a blunt with 2C-E? Would it taste horrible?

Lots of phenethylamines become toxic chemicals when burned. Wouldn't try it. Plus it's a hydrochloride, not a freebase.

Many phenethylamines are also caustic oils in their freebase form.

Hmm., interesting report. That guy didn't even notice a significant burning when he smoked 50mg straight up. Honestly I wonder if lacing a blunt would be that bad? If you mixed it in well and evenly you probably wouldn't notice it that much.

In my opinion it would be a waste of a beautiful substance. Though i have HEARD that it works. Though considering what this (and any other 2cx) is made from.....Agreed on the part of toxic chemicals. Over time it could cause some serious health problems. B

Best bet if one is going to pursue this would be to use a vaporizer with an Milligram scale.

Some drugs just are not meant to be smoked....just my 2 cents

Lots of phenethylamines become toxic chemicals when burned. Wouldn't try it. Plus it's a hydrochloride, not a freebase.

wouldnt the fact that something is the HCL salt make it smokable? methamphetamine is smokable as an hcl salt.

LSDMDMA&8580905 said:
wouldnt the fact that something is the HCL salt make it smokable? methamphetamine is smokable as an hcl salt.

Usually the heat destroys most HCl compounds, I think..

if it is actually poisonous to inhale small amounts of these chemicals i would really like to hear a detailed, cogent analysis of this, or proof. I am confused that every time someone asks this question, it is immediately met with a chorus of "don't do it, it's poison" without any evidence to back this up other than taste and the fact that it's an HCL.

I'm sorry but a) smoking 2c-x's DOES work and has been demonstrated to do so repeatedly; b) does not "waste" the chemical; c) produces different effects from eating, more simliar to insufflating.

see, e.g., just this latest thread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=134574

When i challenged the person who claimed "poisonous" on this thread, he/she immediately retreated to "tastes bad and makes my stomach feel bad"--which in BL terms is something very, very different from "poisonous."

BL is supposed to be a source for accurate information. I remain continually puzzled why this topic brings immediate, categorical statements like

Fair enough, but these are extremely general statements, and I know of no actual data to support their applicability to 2c-x's in general or to the small amounts that one typically inhales (as opposed to, e.g., meth). Despite these claims, I don't even specifically know of a source that lists toxic byproducts of burned 2c-x's; is there such a source?

I am open to the idea that this is poisonous, but so far I have not seen even the minimal evidence that is usually associated with claims like this; and if you search "smoking" or "smoked" plus any 2c-x chemical, you will find numerous reports of successful experiments on BL. what gives?

Last edited:
Best bet if one is going to pursue this would be to use a vaporizer with an Milligram scale.

i know people who've tried this route, too. observations: 1) eliminates bad taste--actually completely tolerable; 2) perhaps contrary to common sense, vaping does *not* seem to retain the effects as fully as smoking the HCL.

also, because vaping can only be done with a small amount of material at once, it would end up taking quite a while to vape a significant dose. effects of vaping more similar to eating, as opposed to the more immediate/cliff-like efx of smoking/insufflating.

have also tried converting the HCL into a base using kitchen chemistry, but since the HCL is active (IMHO), the conversion appears to have no effect--the "base" smokes much the same as the HCL.

smoking any 2-cx tastes awful & you need to prepare something else to consume/smoke immediately afterwards to eliminate the taste or it will "color" the experience too much. but it doesn't feel like "poison"--just a bit nauseating, like many of mr shulgin's compounds.

Sorry to revive this old thread, however, I have seen a friend smoke 2c-e for the first time (approx 5mg) in a meth pipe using a low heat and noted a marginal stimulant effect as reports he had read indicated.

He then noted an unusual rash on his hand that looked almost like hives, approx 5 small red dots that seem to follow a vein in his right hand. He was hoping it was just an anomaly but now every time he snorts 2c-e the rash reappears in the exact location on his right hand, as when he smoked it that first time.

Seems to me, like what others have said here rings true, phens are toxic when smoked.

This has made me concerned about previous rectal doses taken and the possible toxicity/damage done to the body, especially after my friend took large doses of 2c-e orally (20mg) in the weeks after this with little to no rash appearing, yet if he snorts it now... Boom rash re-appears like it never left. Weird!

So in conclusion I must say just eat your 2c-e and be happy! That's what it's been made for!
Snort it if your brave and silly, plug it at your own risk and please DO NOT SMOKE IT. It's definitely toxic smoked IMO.

What does anyone else think about this reaction to smoked 2c-e? Is this a serious health issue that needs addressing or a lesson learnt?

Last edited: