Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-E, Modafinil and Diphenhydramine- vasoconstriction and almost death

delphinen

Bluelighter
I have did 3 times in the past 2C-E and I can say that, after Ketamine, it's the best psychedelic I have ever taken in my life (LSD, 2C-I, 2C-T-2, DXM, 5-MeO-DIPT, Diphenhydramine).

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this message, but as it could save someone's else live, I will post anyway, please mods move it if you feel necessary.

I haven't slept in 48hours because of lot of Modafinil + Memantine + GBL redoses because of work. My performance at work yesterday, the night, and today was PERFECT. I was a 'beatiful mind' indeed.

So, being happy with "my ego" I decided to take 20mg oral 2C-E, split it in 2 doses, one at 3PM and the one at 5.30PM. Googling randomly in my work I did read that Diphenhydramine increases a lot the visuals of 2C-E. Having taking Diphenhydramine recreational doses since 6 years you would think I WOULDN'T take a vasoconstrictor like that with 2C-E, IN MY WORK, WHILE STILL HAVING TO TAKE A BUS TO REACH HOME.

Well, I just did 25mg of good ol' Benadryl, but I was so pumped up on Modafinil (400mg+?) that when I was in the bus coming home I started tripping LIKE HELL. I wish that happened at home. The floor was moving on it's own, the people's faces were distorting, and it took me 5' to pay $10 for a large Coke. I just didn't understand why the lady was asking for more money, so I was like "sorry? what? uhh... err... well this is all my money take what you need"

Nothing happened in the end (I think), I had SEVER heart arritmia for 2 hours (YEP, 2 HOURS) and BPM machine hanged up every time I tried it because my heart was going so fucking fast and STRONG (I could feel the HUGE constant passage of blood putting my finger in the right part of my neck, you know what I mean).

What saved my life:
1-Drink drink and drink more Coke
2- 4mg Clonazepam
3- 0,1mg Clonidine
4- A bath
5- GBL (it makes sense now)

My heart it's still beating fast, but it's not so out of control like some hours ago.
2C-E never caused me any problem at all, and keep in mind I'm a fat person and eat little food but all junk; the problem was taking it the drug in my work-bus coming home, and how incredible powerful was the interaction between those little 25mg of Diphenhydramine (with all the Modafinil I had still in my body).

2C-E it's a WONDERFUL substance, don't do stupid things like I did, and specially NEVER combine it with a drug like Diphenhydramine. I mean it. (I have did 350mg+ Benadryl trips in the past "without problem").

Well, gonna enjoy the 2C-E and GBL feeling , please enjoy your life but research and organize your stuff before taking it :\

Diphenhydramine is perfectly safe to take with 2c-e and other psychedelic PEAs. In my experience it can significantly help with body load related to 2Cs. 25mg of dph is more then I would take but its certainly not a extreme dose by any means.

Your problems were almost definitely not caused by diphenhydramine. More likely this bad experience was brought about by taking a strong psychedelic at work after not having slept for 48 hours and then chugging down a ton of caffeinated garbage. Its sort of scary that you believe that taking diphenhydramine is the core cause of this bad experience. It is very obvious that what really caused your problems had very little to do with benydryl and a lot to do with a metric ton of stupid decisions on your part.

Also I am curious what kind of job you have. I can't imagine why you would care enough to stay up 48 hours for work, yet still dose a potent psychedelic while on the job.

Clonidine saved your life? I took around 1.5 mgs of that stuff by itself and could not get out of bed to risk a blackout. I swear everytime I got up, even to use the bathroom my vision would just go dim and once I fall my vision would come back to me in a split second... it's quite the little bugger.

Ok... This is my first post and I was reading other threads about modafinil, that suff obviously explain the raised heart rate without sleeping for a long time. I just came from a long freaky trip yesterday of that shit, I had 1800mg in 3 doses and I was feeling so high like if u were on mdma but less intense and I had like 5 tics over my body (tongue rolling, face, foot, etc) with a scary heart rate... also mild hallucination like a tunnel vision I could only focus on one thing, deep dizzines and very excited but kinda annoyed at the same time, so my point is I think this drug taken in high doses can be really naughty or sometimes strange enjoyable man. Be careful next time mate u should only take 100/200 mg per day and if u can do it 3 to 4 days a week with enough and good sleep, dont do it like I stupidly did... I still got some effects but now I'm having confusion because I need to sleep but my mind still awake is a very strange feeling after that intense coke/mdma-like high but is wearing off slowly.
p.s. : Sorry for my english is not the best :)

Last edited:
The most dangerous part of what you did was combining a huge dose of Modafinil with chugging a 2 liter Coca Cola.

Where did you learn that Coca Cola is even remotely good for you? That's a lot of sugar for your body to process... and high fructose corn syrup and other junk. If you really are a fat man you should be more careful with your health.

Sorry, I know it has been a long time since I made this thread; I am nor thin nor fat, if anything, I am a little overweight. And what's wrong with taking Coke? I take Codeine 2 or 3 days per week, maybe the idea from getting always sugar it's good came from that.
Still, Coke with 2C-E > Alcohol with 2C-E.
I always get high/trip with Coke or Sprite (I cannot stand Coke when doing DXM pure syrup)

And what's wrong with taking Coke?

Coca-Cola is filled with sugar and caffeine. You were on a strong dose of one stimulant, modafinil, took another strong stimulant (2c-e) and then threw in a bunch of sugar and caffeine.

That's why you felt the way you did, and that's why the GBL, clonazepam and clonidine helped bring you back down.

Yesterday did 100mg Modafinil with 15mg oral 2C-E taken with some Coke. Also, 1ug Clonidine. The trip was very pleasant, long and potent. I came down with 2mg Alprazolam and 40mg Quetiapine. Slept like 16hs straight after that. Woke up feeling ok.
I don't know how bad is Coke/Pepsi/carbonated drinks.. while I'm on 2C-E I can actually feel the Caffeine, and it feels nice, honestly. I think if you take little it should be ok.

sorry to bring back an old threat, but you really are just a fucking idiot, you should be more careful man!

This is pretty funny to read. :)

I LOVE my coke (the beverage, that is) but I can't stand the taste/texture while tripping. Only water or fresh fruit juice goes in smoothly. I can actually feel the vitamines coursing through my system. ;)