Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2c-e and azithromycin

velena73

Greenlighter
I should start this thread off by advising anyone currently taking antibiotics NOT to combine them with ANY mind-altering substances, since this (at the very least) can lengthen your recovery time.

Subject is at the tail end of day 2 of 5 of azithromycin "z-pack," and is experienced with 2c-e.

00:00 +7 mg 2c-e, oral

02:00 No effects of 2c-e felt whatsoever.

03:00 Still no effects, +7 mg 2c-e, oral

04:00 Very mild visual effects, moderate to severe "body load" (IE neck ache, back ache)

05:00 Intense open-eyed visuals start rather abruptly, much more intense than I've had in the past, even with much higher doses of 2c-e.

05:45 Feeling as if things are crawling over my skin. There is a pest problem in my apartment so that accounts for some (most?) of the paranoia. Unable to determine if bugs I'm seeing on the walls, on the floor, are actually there...logic tells me that they are not, or there are far fewer than what I am seeing. Either way, I am seeing and feeling insects everywhere. Extremely uncomfortable.

06:30 Noticeable spike in body temperature. Sweating in a room with a/c. Still seeing bugs.

07:00 Visuals start to taper off slowly, major confusion and fine motor skills impaired. I cannot type correctly on my phone. The very high body temp is starting to worry me as well - this is a much higher spike than I've ever dealt with before.

10:45 Visuals have mostly subsided, neck and back pain are at 8/10 and 9/10, respectively. Body temp is 102.5. Still having trouble typing (I've had to go back and correct each individual sentence a couple of times).

In short...not something I would like to experience again. Please do yourself a favour and WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE HEALTHY to experiment with this compound. Since azithromycin stays in your system even after you have finished taking the tablets, I'd recommend waiting a full 2 weeks before taking any other chemicals. This is the first time (out of perhaps 100) that I have ever had what one would call a "bad trip" on 2c-e. I think the combination of feeling ill, possibly already elevated body temperature, and the antibiotics themselves worked to my disadvantage in every way possible here.

I couldn't imagine taking 2C-E while sick. The normal bodyload already makes me feel kind of sick. I'm getting a clogged nose from it and stomach discomfort... sometimes I even think I actually shat my pants

Sorry to bring this thread back but there is an ensuing problem that isn't known by the majority. I have been having this problem of seeing bugs for two months now so it's not tripping related. It happens specifically and MOST intensely whenever I take something that dilates my eyes and constricts them simultaneously (in this case, any 2C-X or 2C-X-NBOMe dilates my eyes, and in my case I used diphenhydramine the first time and second time after taking a 2C-X-NBOMe) and it was VERY scary and disgusting. To give you an example of what he probably saw (which I know is the case because I see them every other day now unwillingly), these microorganisms are vastly similar:
http://www.google.com/search?q=micr...Q&biw=1366&bih=653&sei=OfFQUNLjEomW8gScxoH4DQ

These are actually the microorganisms living on the film of your eye. When you see them, the size of them is dependent on the size of whatever you are looking at. For example, if you look at a wall, they will be the size of the wall whereas if you look at your hand, they are the size of your hand.
-They appear transparent with the outlines/edges of the bugs most clear.
-They move at a very fast rate.
-There are hundreds of them
-They are constantly eating each other.

I have had this problem with and without psychedelics for that long that I have been (unfortunately) able to analyze them. I have only ever found four (EDIT: now five) other posts online with people of the same problem but two of the people enjoyed it and the other two were severely anxiety-ridden and disgusted by seeing them. Ultimately, it makes ANY trip actually a bad trip because you are seeing these vivid NON-hallucination disturbing images in front of your eyes and there is nothing you can do but wait until the drugs reduce their pupil dilation/constriction effect. To put you in our shoes, imagine if you are seeing hundreds of cockroach-like insects (many with slimy flagella and pincer-like mouths) eating each other at an extremely fast rate in front of your eyes and you have no control over whether you see them or not.

This is a real problem and it is (obviously) too detailed and specific to be making up. This should be addressed somewhere that extreme pupil constricting and dilating compounds should not taken simultaneously.

EDIT: It seems that azythromycin dilates pupils more often than in constricts. Nonetheless, it's still a problem that I think attributes to a number of people's bad trips and unfortunately some just shrug it off and think it's floaters or hallucinations.

Last edited:
They *are* floaters or hallucinations.

It is not possible to see the microorganisms living on or in your eye.

The laws of physics completely prohibit this. The focal distance from the lens of your eye is too short for one thing. For another it is not possible for you to detect organisms that small with the naked eye regardless.

EDIT: I have found a solution to my problem: stop tripping so often.
Being very scientific with many things I do, this also became a scientific endeavor for me. I was also incorrect in my earlier statement that it is not tripping-related; I have tripped about every 2-3 days on various different RC's (largely for scientific experimentation/testing but not always) and I think it is a large contributor.

It is true that it is physically impossible to see beyond a certain point; it makes sense physically and my encounter with doctors have produced the same response. Nonetheless, it also does not make scientific sense to blatantly discredit repeatable observed patterns; that is what the scientific method itself deems. As I stated before, I have noticed that simultaneous administration of pupil dilating and constricting RC's produce these observations, especially in larger amounts. Examples are MXE [pupil dilator] and 2C-E [pupil constrictor], JWH-210 [constrictor] and 4-FA [dilator], Etizolam [constrictor] and 5-MeO-MiPT [dilator], and so on. I can most closely relate the look of these microorganism to the Nauplius genus and Cyclops genera. I am not saying these are the specific ones, however some of these are within human visibility as well as some of them living in saline conditions (of course if these are within my visibility AND on my eye, I would see them all the time regardless but that is not the case). I cannot stress how true I am being as well as how they are NOT floaters.

My hypothesis is: IF a pupil-dilating and pupil-constricting compound are taken simultaneously to provide a contradictory pupillary light reflex, THEN the ability to see living microorganisms on the film of the eye is possible.

I hope I or someone gets to test this hypothesis one day with some compounds used specifically for pupil dilation and constriction, such as atropine and physostigmine.

Umm, 2C-E most definitely dilates the pupil. I didn't know that Etizolam constricts pupils either, I myself have taken combinations of pupil dilators and constrictors at the same time more times than I can count and have never experienced what you are talking about. You are proposing some kind of drug induced super sight? I'm sorry but this seems really far fetched, If you can prove me wrong then I am very sorry but it sounds crazy....are you sure your drug abuse isn't causing a psychotic episode with visual hallucinations? maybe a case of HPPD causing this?

Being very scientific with many things I do, this also became a scientific endeavor for me. I was also incorrect in my earlier statement that it is not tripping-related; I have tripped about every 2-3 days on various different RC's (largely for scientific experimentation/testing but not always) and I think it is a large contributor.

It is true that it is physically impossible to see beyond a certain point; it makes sense physically and my encounter with doctors have produced the same response. Nonetheless, it also does not make scientific sense to blatantly discredit repeatable observed patterns; that is what the scientific method itself deems. As I stated before, I have noticed that simultaneous administration of pupil dilating and constricting RC's produce these observations, especially in larger amounts. Examples are MXE [pupil dilator] and 2C-E [pupil constrictor], JWH-210 [constrictor] and 4-FA [dilator], Etizolam [constrictor] and 5-MeO-MiPT [dilator], and so on. I can most closely relate the look of these microorganism to the Nauplius genus and Cyclops genera. I am not saying these are the specific ones, however some of these are within human visibility as well as some of them living in saline conditions (of course if these are within my visibility AND on my eye, I would see them all the time regardless but that is not the case). I cannot stress how true I am being as well as how they are NOT floaters.

My hypothesis is: IF a pupil-dilating and pupil-constricting compound are taken simultaneously to provide a contradictory pupillary light reflex, THEN the ability to see living microorganisms on the film of the eye is possible.

I hope I or someone gets to test this hypothesis one day with some compounds used specifically for pupil dilation and constriction, such as atropine and physostigmine.

You cannot see microorganisms with the naked eye. I believe only a handful of bacteria strains are visible unaided by magnification. You are probably seeing what are known as floaters, impurities in the vitreous humour. Etizolam, 2C-E, and JWH-210 also do not cause pupil constriction. Taking psychoactive substances which have opposing effects on pupil size will not result in the ability to see microscopic objects...
If you believe you have gained some superpower which gives you the ability to see microorganisms, you should probably stop taking drugs.

Last edited:
I know it is not floaters (I can see those separately as well), it is not some superpower concept I imagined up, and it's quite certainly not HPPD. I will end the point here and continue my own research.

If anyone would be so kind as to help assist, experiment by trying 500-700mcg of 2C-I-NBOMe/2C-C-NBOMe (or any 2C-X-NBOMe at a "strong" dosage) with 100mg Diphenhydramine either with or at the tail end of an experience (preferably the latter for the sake of the researcher).

Being very scientific with many things I do, this also became a scientific endeavor for me.
If you are truly committed to the scientific method (to say nothing of harm reduction) I would urge you to take a break. It is far more probable that these disturbances are a result of acute or chronic neurological changes induced by your tripping 2-3x/week than an alteration in your visual acuity that seems to defy ocular physics. I'm not saying the latter is impossible, but you must acknowledge it is far less likely.

Take at least a month off - it will furnish important data on this scientific problem and far more importantly may arrest what could potentially be a slide towards psychosis.

You've been tripping too much. Try putting this out of your mind, take a 3-month break from all psychedelics, and then see how scientific and rational your theory seems.