View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2c-b.

fermonos

Bluelighter
Hey guys. Just asking a few questions about 2C-B.

What are the pros and cons of 2C-B.

How similar are the effects of 2C-B at a 18mg dose, also what would be the best dosage for 2C-B if I want to minimise the visuals.

I'm really hesitant on doing 2C-B because I've never a done a visual drug before and it's said to be like LSD. It really scares me having the thought of having visuals so strong I couldn't see. Although I've also read a lot of places that it's only visual when it's a high dosage. What would this amount need to be and should I be safe at 18mg?

What are the effects of 2C-B while on Tramadol/recently taking it. Is it like MDMA and other SSRIs?

What should I do to make the 'roll' or whatever you call it most enjoyable and do I need to drink water like on MDMA.

Also I've got some MDMA coming which should arrive in a few days. I will be taking it maybe next week or the week after. If I hear that it's worth it taking 2C-B I'll be ordering some but I want to know if I need to wait before taking 2C-B if I've taken MDMA recently. If I do need to wait, how long would be a good time and is it a good idea to do around 150mg MDMA and 18mg 2C-B together?

If I've missed anything let me know, just give me as much info as you can on the drug.

Please don't bother replying if you aren't going to answer what I've asked in proper detail. I don't want just simple answers I want to know what to properly expect and I want to understand the drug from a perspective of someone who has taken it before.

Last edited:
MDMA and 2CB is a good combo as reported. users tend to make the 2C-B about 3 hours or more into the roll.

2CB is a pretty light psychedelic and in the 18mg range should not produce overwhelming visuals. i've had it at this dosage before and just found it to be a very light experience all together (possible LSD tolerance at the time).

25mg no tolerance was the dose i experienced strong visuals and a generally full experience from 2CB so i'm thinking you'd be fine. they say it starts getting crazy from 24mg+

you will be safe at 18mg for certain.

tramadol has SSRI properties i believe. this will likely dull your MDMA and 2CB experience as it is controlling the serotonin re-uptake.

i've heard that a few days post tramadol shouldn't affect your trip.

but i'm assuming this all depends how long and heavy you've been using tramadol.

i will wait until you get your molly to dose. also abstain from the tramadol so it does not interact when you choose to roll.

First off let me just say I love 2C-B and have had quite a few experiences with it 20+. I've mixed it with nitrous, weed and ketamine on different occasions and personally found it to be great on it's own as well as with these.

Pros: 1. Able to communicate whilst on it, for me this is a quite a big one as on 2C-B i really feel the need to get out into public, especially nature for hikes.
2. Visuals are nice, very "friendly", i doubt they will freak you out
3. IMO this is a pro that it only lasts for about 6 hours with some residual after effects.

Cons: 1. The come up can be intense, with the come up from plugging or snorting being noticeably stronger. For me, this can consist of nausea and feeling pretty uncomfortable not too different from a strong MDMA come up where you've just gotta wait it out. Although weed can help smooth it out it. This is by far the biggest con for me the rest (below) are neither pros or cons.

2. 2C-B seems to affect my appetite a bit weirdly, it won't make me hungry or not want to eat but has made me crave a particular food/drink quite strongly.
3. It also seems to have a very strong aphrodisiac effect which can be good or bad depending on your situation.

A bit confused by this question, 18mg is similar to what??? For minimising visuals I would suggest about 10-15mg but they aren't proper visuals.

DO NOT be put off with people saying it's like LSD, IMO you can't compare them they are seperate. You wouldn't compare MDMA and coke as being similar just because they both give you energy. Out of all hallucinogens 2C-B is probably the one I would suggest to any of my friends if they were curious about psychadelics but scared of visuals. Sounds very cliche but the visuals just allow you to appreciate the beauty in everything.

Not sure about dangers with tramadol, but in relation to PotatoMan's point I didn't experience a decrease in effects whilst taking SSRI medication.

IMO if you are expecting it to be like MDMA you will be disappointed (same reason as LSD), you don't need to drink water but it feels nice to have on hand. Drink as you normally would.

Are you planning on going to a rave on it?? If so the biggest point I would make is the come up, personally I feel 100x better after throwing up, it can be intense. I would highly recommend an evening to try 2C-B on its own, get a feel for it (and the come up) and enjoy it for what it is. 10/10 recommend going for a walk outside on it.

Hope this answers your questions in enough detail, feel free to message if you have anymore questions or want me to clarify anything.

First off let me just say I love 2C-B and have had quite a few experiences with it 20+. I've mixed it with nitrous, weed and ketamine on different occasions and personally found it to be great on it's own as well as with these.

Pros: 1. Able to communicate whilst on it, for me this is a quite a big one as on 2C-B i really feel the need to get out into public, especially nature for hikes.
2. Visuals are nice, very "friendly", i doubt they will freak you out
3. IMO this is a pro that it only lasts for about 6 hours with some residual after effects.

Cons: 1. The come up can be intense, with the come up from plugging or snorting being noticeably stronger. For me, this can consist of nausea and feeling pretty uncomfortable not too different from a strong MDMA come up where you've just gotta wait it out. Although weed can help smooth it out it. This is by far the biggest con for me the rest (below) are neither pros or cons.

2. 2C-B seems to affect my appetite a bit weirdly, it won't make me hungry or not want to eat but has made me crave a particular food/drink quite strongly.
3. It also seems to have a very strong aphrodisiac effect which can be good or bad depending on your situation.

A bit confused by this question, 18mg is similar to what??? For minimising visuals I would suggest about 10-15mg but they aren't proper visuals.

DO NOT be put off with people saying it's like LSD, IMO you can't compare them they are seperate. You wouldn't compare MDMA and coke as being similar just because they both give you energy. Out of all hallucinogens 2C-B is probably the one I would suggest to any of my friends if they were curious about psychadelics but scared of visuals. Sounds very cliche but the visuals just allow you to appreciate the beauty in everything.

Not sure about dangers with tramadol, but in relation to PotatoMan's point I didn't experience a decrease in effects whilst taking SSRI medication.

IMO if you are expecting it to be like MDMA you will be disappointed (same reason as LSD), you don't need to drink water but it feels nice to have on hand. Drink as you normally would.

Are you planning on going to a rave on it?? If so the biggest point I would make is the come up, personally I feel 100x better after throwing up, it can be intense. I would highly recommend an evening to try 2C-B on its own, get a feel for it (and the come up) and enjoy it for what it is. 10/10 recommend going for a walk outside on it.

Hope this answers your questions in enough detail, feel free to message if you have anymore questions or want me to clarify anything.

When I said how similar is 18mg dose of 2C-B I meant towards MDMA as a lot of people say they are exactly alike just 2C-B has visuals.

My setting will just be at home, in my room with some nice loud music. I kind of prefer that to a rave. Don't get me wrong rave and drugs are amazing but I think having the freedom to choose my own music, feel comfortable doing whatever I want especially just laying down on my bed or with my dog outweighs the positives of a rave.

Also adding to the fact it'll be my first time it makes more sense doing it in a comfortable place.

you wont get so much visuals that you cant see even on LSD, that only happens with high doses. If you take a half a hit of acid or 1 hit you will be able to see very well just things will look different , like objects may glow, or morph you may see patterns and colors but you will still be able to see well enough to walk around and do things. if you look at people on LSD they aren't blind, walking into things lol. On high doses visuals can become overwhelming but usually then you lie down.

Hey guys. Just asking a few questions about 2C-B.

What are the pros and cons of 2C-B.

The things I like the most about it are that it produces visuals more consistently than other psychedelics, has a pleasant (at times euphoric) body high, and it's not as mentally or emotionally overwhelming as other psychedelics can be. I don't find it all that similar to MDMA overall, but I can see where the comparisons come from - the mental state it produces reminds me at least as much as MDMA/MDA as it does LSD or mushrooms. Definitely an altered mental state, but it tends to be more grounded than other psychedelics - I've never experienced ego dissolution / ego death on it, for example. It may very well be my absolute favorite psychedelic to listen to music on. As for cons... At higher doses it can produce nausea (though not nearly as bad as most other 2Cs in my experience, and definitely not as bad as shrooms or mescaline), it can be somewhat stimulating (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but is sometimes an unwanted side effect), and I find it hard to imagine 2C-B alone ever producing a ++++ experience on the Shulgin scale for me. Still, it's one of my favorite chemicals, and it's my go-to psychedelic when I want a mild, entertaining trip.

How similar are the effects of 2C-B at a 18mg dose, also what would be the best dosage for 2C-B if I want to minimise the visuals.

How similar to what?

If you want to minimize visuals, I'd stay below 20mg, but if you strongly dislike visuals then 2C-B might not be your favorite chemical. I find that it has much more pronounced visuals at moderate doses than LSD or tryptamines. I've never found the visual aspect of the drug unpleasant at all - in fact, it's one of the main appeals for me - but of course, YMMV. 15-20mg is probably a good dosage range to start with.

I'm really hesitant on doing 2C-B because I've never a done a visual drug before and it's said to be like LSD. It really scares me having the thought of having visuals so strong I couldn't see. Although I've also read a lot of places that it's only visual when it's a high dosage. What would this amount need to be and should I be safe at 18mg?

I have taken very large doses of many psychedelics (2C-B included) before, and I have never been unable to see aside from peak experiences on DMT. I wouldn't drive on 2C-B, obviously, but that has more to do with the mental effects than the visual ones. 2C-B usually produces mild to moderate visual distortions (walls appearing to warp or 'breathe', seeing pronounced geometric patterns in objects, etc.) with lots of color. Colors seem more pronounced in general, and if I turn on some trippy music, I can stare at my plain white walls and see a kaleidoscope of color. This is less overwhelming/disorienting than it might sound. 2C-B's visuals are more predictable and less 'weird' than LSD's, but it's kind of hard to describe what psychedelic visuals are like to someone who's never experienced them, let alone explain how two different psychedelics' visuals differ from each other. Most people find that it's quite different than what they expected based on reading trip reports, and VERY different from what they expected if their only knowledge of psychedelic visuals came from TV/movies/pop culture.

What are the effects of 2C-B while on Tramadol/recently taking it. Is it like MDMA and other SSRIs?

I've never combined it with tramadol specifically, but I have combined it with other opioids and I like the combo. The opioid high keeps me mellow and grounded, helps with anxiety on the come up and feeling burnt out / mentally exhausted on the comedown, and generally keeps me in a relaxed, lazy mood, perfect for zoning out and listening to music while enjoying the visuals.

Psychedelics can lower your seizure threshold, IIRC, so it would probably be unwise to take very large doses of tramadol with 2C-B or any other psychedelic. I've heard some people say that tramadol can dull psychedelic experiences in a way other opioids do not, but I have no firsthand experience to back that up with.

What should I do to make the 'roll' or whatever you call it most enjoyable and do I need to drink water like on MDMA.

Staying hydrated is always good, but unlike MDMA it's not something you have to pay especially close attention to on 2C-B.

As I mentioned above, one of my favorite things about 2C-B is listening to music. Trippy/psychedelic music (psytrance, ambient, other weird electronica) is always fun, but if you're not into that, anything with a happy/upbeat or calm/relaxed vibe should be a good fit.

One other thing I really enjoy is being in nature. I've never taken 2C-B out in the woods or anything like that, but whenever I take it, I love sitting on my front porch smoking a cig or puffing on my vape. Plants/trees and the sky look really, really beautiful to me on 2C-B. The colors are so sharp and vibrant, I notice geometric patterns in things like tree branches and ferns, and it generally just makes me feel calm and connected to nature.

Also I've got some MDMA coming which should arrive in a few days. I will be taking it maybe next week or the week after. If I hear that it's worth it taking 2C-B I'll be ordering some but I want to know if I need to wait before taking 2C-B if I've taken MDMA recently. If I do need to wait, how long would be a good time and is it a good idea to do around 150mg MDMA and 18mg 2C-B together?

I love the combo (I call it nexus flipping), but I would recommend taking 2C-B on its own first at least once just to get a feel for it and know how strongly it affects you so you can calibrate your dosage accordingly. Ditto with MDMA if you haven't ever taken it, but you mentioned it a few times previously so I assume you've rolled before.

I wouldn't want to take 2C-B (or any other psychedelic) for a day or two after rolling, just because I tend to feel tired/drained for a day or two from MDMA, but aside from that you don't need to space them out. I've never noticed any cross-tolerance. I've heard people say that it's best to wait 3 or 4 days after rolling before tripping because having less serotonin in your brain makes the trip less intense, but I'm not sure how accurate (if at all) that is - I just haven't had enough experience rolling and tripping in rapid succession to notice one way or the other.

18 mgs of 2CB (I believe) would make anyone happy to have taken it. It is a light dose. I took that when I went to the DR. I loved swimming in the ocean on it. So nothing at all to fear. I bet you come back and tell us it went great. So yeah, do that.

BTW I have had some +++ experiences on it after I thought it was a psychedelic with training wheels. It got deep a few times like a regular psychedelic but still friendly.

Solistus, thanks for all the good info. I agree with all of it.

Sounds like the perfect starting Psychedelic for me then, I was just looking for a substitute for MDMA as you can't take MDMA much, needing to give at least a month before rolls which sucks. I found 2C-B to be recommended a lot.

But after hearing from you guys now I guess I have a new purpose for 2C-B which will be my entry drug for Psychedelics which I've really wanted to try for a long time but been scared. I was going to just do a 50ug-100ug LSD blotter for my first psychedelic experience but it seems 2C-B sounds much more fitting.

Thanks for all the lovely responses.