Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-B Problematic Body Load

badrobot114

Bluelighter
Greetings, Hive Mind!

I wanted to consult with you about ways to minimize the bodyload from 2c-b. Me and my SO have used it about 4 times together, 2 times on it's own and the other 2 occasions stacked with MDMA.

Now I seem to have a good time on the stuff no matter what, there's a nagging bodyload hanging in the background for sure, but it dies out significantly after the come up is over and I'm left enjoying your typical 2c-b peak effects: serotonergic euphoria, mild increase in empathy, ridiculously increased appreciation for music, talkativeness, intricate and colorful OEVs and CEVs, enhanced tactile sensations, a huge increase in aesthetic appreciation and increased insight into the dynamic nature of human emotions, relationships and what composes a person's individual interpretation of his sensory experience. Fits of giggles are abound and plentiful throughout the experience as well.

However my partner cannot seem to enjoy taking 2c-b on it's own because the body load during the come up rubs her the wrong way, makes her irritable and when it settles in some it leaves a negative tone on the experience which turns what should be an enjoyable peak into something tolerable at the most.

I know the body load is the issue here because when we combined it with MDMA she enjoyed it very much, obviously because the roll overrides the physical symptoms and amplifies the positive mental and physical effects.

The doses she took were as follows: 24mg and 16mg when we tried 2c-b on it's own and 18mg on both occasions when we combined it with MDMA.

Now my question is if there's any way to relieve the body load without adding MD into the mix?

If nausea is involved then lemon zest and/or fresh ginger tea may be of use.

If the issue is muscular tension and general bodily discomfort then being active during the comeup can be very helpful.

Diphenhydramine can be an effective treatment for both but does not work for everyone.

Hey Badrobot, I have the same bodyload issues with 2c-b taken on its own. For the nausea i prefer to have eaten a little snack before ingesting the substance and avoid sparkling drinks but Transform mentions the Muscle Tension which really bugs me. Maybe Magnesium and other Vitamins/healthy food the days before the trip help a little?
Regarding doses:
My friend always takes a 5mg dose 30 min before ingesting the main dose (~15mg) and swears this method reduces the unpleasant come-up symptoms but I have not tried that.

I get a lot of bodily tension on 2C-B, mostly in the back and shoulders and it really does take away from the experience. The other 2Cs had a similar body load for me, but never to the extent of 2C-B. Lately I've practised working out and stretching before going into a psychedelic to avoid negative bodily feelings and it seems to have some effect. If nausea is the issue, ginger root works wonderfully.