View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-B On Quetiapine and a Valium Addiction

BritishLad

Bluelighter
So I take the maximum 800mg quetiapine a day, 200mg twice a day and 400mg at night and am hooked on valium 20mg twice a day sadly, also on pregabalin 100mg three times a day. I'm concerned they may hinder if not stop any 2C-B trip, I've taken 2C-B many times before and found it to be a great anxiety free low level lsd trip, but will my medication hinder the experiance? I am stable on the medication and they don't knock me out just lower my anxiety. My question is will my medication stop the 2C-B from working?

Last edited:
Those are quite large doses. I was prescribed seroquel briefly and it would totally zombify / knock me out really.

The valium itself will definitely dull the experiences, even with your tolerance to the benzos, it'll take away some of the 'shine' and actually brilliance/laughter/fun of the experience.

It just sounds like you're on quite high doses of sedatives, perhaps try a normal dose of 2cb, then adjust accordingly? But if you have to start dosing upwards of 40-50mg just to feel something, then perhaps it isn't worth it.

Alternatively lower your meds for a couple days then take 2cb, but this depends on whether you're stable enough to do so.

Is this medication for bipolar or something else?

quetiapin is a 5HT2A antagonist and large doses of the medication will definately blunt the psychedelic.

also, taking psychedelics while having heavy mental health problems is a slippery slope at best. I'd advise against tripping while on psychiatric medication.

It's simply for anxiety, but the quetiapine doesn't work like it use to so it's very weak nowadays. All the medication is for anxiety. I could not take the quetiapine in the middle of the day but valiums half-life being what it is will still be in me during the middle of the day but not taking quetiapine would risk anxiety, but missed out quetiapine before and not noticed I belive.
As to the tripping I agree, but 2CB has an unusual calming effect, always had some metal health problem but used alcohol to hide it. Now I take pregabalin instead. Prescribed.
One unusual thing my first LSD experiance I was on a high dose of valium (over 20mg) and tripped well maybe due to my first time, all I felt was a lack of anxiety and still tripped seeing my light for my room turning into fire basically and bending around to follow me typical LSD stuff and it probaly stopped me getting anxious. So blunding the effect isn't totatlly a bad thing, I'd prefer it didn't but yeah.
Of course I will still have to try 2CB at 20mg to find out anything but it is good to learn before hand.
I will say when I took 3-FPM multiple times the quetiapine had no effect on numbing it's lasting stimulation, even stayed up for a day no sleep and felt awake and fine. But being a 5HT2A antagonist is a problem.

Last edited: