View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-B maximizing effect?

St3ve

Bluelighter
I've recently acquired a single purple miffy pill. These are the new versions of the old white miffy pills which have been tested in multiple dutch test centres and said to contain between 8-12mg of 2C-B. I got it off a guy at a party and initially wanted to buy two in case one would be too weak. He assured me that it wouldn't as he'd only taken half of one and said he was tripping enough. Looking at other forum posts/erowid it seems he might just've been inexperienced with psychedelics...

Since I'd share this pill with my lady friend I was wondering what we could do to get the most out of a 4-6mg dose of 2C-B. I've read that even at these low doses it still works very well as an aphrodisiac. Anyone here who could confirm that? What else could I expect from this dose level? Any visuals/mental effects other than a mild MDMA like stimulation? Would crushing and snorting the pill produce stronger effects? Does combining with weed amplify effects? Some people seem to say alcohol can increase the effects of 2C-B? In my experience no psychedelic is made stronger with alcohol, alcohol seems to numb some of the anxiety but also numbs the mental effects/spiritual depth. Would it be at all useful to mix it with a low dose of HWBR seeds/magic truffles?

I have no prior experience with 2C-B or any other 2C-X compound. I have plenty of experience with LSD though, have tried mushrooms several times as well as dabbled in a few 25i experiments.

Hehe, pretty much every time I come across 2C-B pills there is a significant spread in the dose per pill. So that just makes it unpredictable to gauge a dose.

Sharing it is a nice idea but 4-6 mg is really very weak. Orally it doesn't really get interesting until about 10 mg, in my opinion. IMO you would need to plug it so the chance of effects should range from milder and more aphrodisiac to smoothly psychedelic. If you don't do plugging then perhaps combining it, yes weed aplifies effecs. I think alcohol can provide some euphoria as it normally does but also feels vague and dirty. You could snort it but I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Mixing it with other psychedelics is possible but a hit or miss, I've used 2C-B with mushrooms (pretty much the same as truffles) before and it was like they each wanted to tell their own story at the same time, a bit confusing and annoying. But there is also a chance they synergize. Be aware that HBWR seeds carry their own body load and lethargy while truffles are not erotic / sexual for every person. The weirdness can be a deterrant in getting intimate. If you do proceed, you might want to prepare each other for that so that you are still accepting and loving despite distortions. Seems important to be comfortable being, and being together.

How bad is snorting 2CB really? It seems to me a lot of people seem to think 2Cs are among the most painful substances to snort... I've snorted a number of other chemicals which have been reported to be really painful including MDMA, methylone and ethylphenidate. To me ethylphenidate seemed like the most painful one. It is really sore but the pain rapidly declines after a really strong initial sting. Is this the case with 2CB? Also, it being in pill form, would it not hurt less than pure powder going up the nose?

I'm pretty sure it hurts worse if its the Hbr or the HCl but I can't remember which one is actually worse. Snorting 12mg can be a seriously wild ride especially if you're already on something else, but your also snorting a bunch of filler and binder so a lot of it wouldn't be hitting your mucous membranes simply from lack of 2c-b surface area. rectally might be the ideal 8)

HBr is worse because it is less soluble in water.

When you snort half a pill for 4-6 mg only, I guess you'd be hoping to get some 'extraction' going on in your nose, where it is wet and that may help transport some or most of the 2C-B into the bloodstream. The rest will just drip down your throat.

It is a bit caustic and can cause mucous production and irritation. Yes the sting lingers, although when it is in a pill it doesn't hit the mucous membranes straight away and the pain should be doable. As long as you don't blow your nose it should be more effective to insufflate since at worst it will end up going the oral route anyway.

I'd plug it. Think about it: Suppositories are a real thing, not some crazy kink. And there is nothing much sexual about it unless you blow it out of proportion.

At that dose of 4-6 mg it probably doesn't really 'work very well as an aphrodisiac'. It is not enough for me and Erowid lists an oral dose like that as threshold, which is a far cry from spectacular.
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cb/2cb_dose.shtml

Where I'm from suppositories are commonly given to children, I have no issues with doing this although I never have with recreational drugs. I can foresee it'd make my girl (her being from a place where anal administration is not done in children) quite uncomfortable though and I'm doubtful she'd go through with it. Seems like snorting might be the best way to get the most out of it. Would wetting the nose help in maximizing local absorption?

Ended up crushing this pill this weekend and splitting it up in two lines for my girlfriend and I. Powder went up the nice quite smoothly and only began stinging a bit after a few seconds, this lasted a good 10-15 minutes and gradually got worse the first minute or two. The pain was unpleasant but definitely a degree below ethylphenidate in intensity.

At this 4-6mg level we both did not get much more than treshold level effects. Pupils were dilated within minutes from snorting the drug and some anxiety/restlessness was felt the first 20-30 minutes. Colours brightened a little and after images, floaters and other normal visual anomalies became more apparent, we got a bit giggly and there was a bit of a cognitive shift. After about an hour and a bit it felt like we had peaked and from then on the drug wore off in about 3 hours time. Walking outside in the rain was pleasant and background sounds were more noticable. Smoked a joint about 1 hour into it which brought back a bit of the low-level "visuals" and slightly off mindstate. As far as aphrodisiac qualities go I wasn't too impressed either, tactile sensation was improved but IME cannabis is superior to 2CB at this dose level for that...

All in all it was a pleasant experience but too mild at our experience level to be worth repeating at this dose. Hopefully we can get our hands on some more of these 2CB pills in which case I'll probably take 2 at once orally and go for a 16-24mg dose!

Even if it was a bit underwhelming, sounds like a fine innocuous introduction to test the waters... good call to smoke a joint.

Yeah hopefully for you you get to try substances like these you are interested in, be aware that some people get more than a full on trip from 24 mg of 2C-B and it is quite a big jump in dosage. If you do that, plan your activities to allow for a heavy reaction like that. Better of course is to just titrate more gradually.

Anyway I'm not surprised things like the aphrodisiac qualities were not impressive at this dose.

Reading St3ve's message makes me thing that perhaps it's not just me who wasn't impressed with 2cb. I had previously (4 days earlier) taken some acid and then 2 hours later approx 20mg of 2cb. The acid took me to + on Shulgin scale. The 2cb, I didn't notice anything from it. My 2cb contact was a nice guy, provided me with 30mg with discount and another 20mg for free. This time (4 days after the acid + 2cb) I took 30mg capsule to empty stomach. After about 2 hours I could feel getting somewhat high. At that point I was starving, so I had some fast food for lunch. Still feeling that I'm not getting anywhere, I decided to take some more up my nose. I think I got about 1/3 of the 20mg capsule (don't have scale to measure that small amounts) and I could feel it hitting me harder. After some 15 minutes or so I was definately high. There was some color shifting to purple/green. Some very slight OEVs (I have a test texture to check if anything moves :) ). Not sure if my skid got more sensitive to touch, perhaps some comparing to current situation. No pupil dilation was noted (I did check several times). No hornyness... ( :( )
So basically felt like really mild MDMA trip. I mean like 1/3rd of normal MDMA trip, something just above the treshold dose.
Perhaps I'm one of those that are not that much affected nor impressed by 2cb, like it appears to be the case with St3ve.
What a bummer.
My future plan is either to take the remaining 10-15mg up my nose the next time I'm on MDMA (@ t+ 3 hours or so) or give it to my friend to take it up his nose. He is more sensitive to LSD than I am, so perhaps 2cb also works better for him.
Btw. my 2cb was reagent tested (just with mecke).

It's interesting because when I was a kid snorting 2C-B used to be the worst of the worst. Like having razor sharp sulfuric acid laced glass shards up your nose while taking a shovel to the face. But then came all the cathinones and the fluoros and 2C-B wasn't so bad after all.

Anyway, it was a very unreliable drug dose wise in my experience. It also synergizes strongly with MDMA so you might notice even 5mg if you are rolling. The aphrodisiac aspects are also unreliable, I mean I'd always get horny from speed but with 2C-B it was more like sometimes the trip put you in a horny place, sometimes not. It isn't really an aphrodisiac per se.