• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

2C-B Mandelin color change?

Zalo

Bluelighter
Hey BlueLight,

I've recently gotten my hands on what is apparently 2C-B. I did some tests and I'm thinking that it's 2C-I, so I decided to try it because I've always been interested in trying a 2C-x compound. I measured 11mg and took it. It took about 1.5 hours to hit, then about an hour come-up, followed by about an hour of elevated mood, sociability, and the slightest feeling as if I were on a psychedelic, then I became almost immediately sober.

Marquis - Yellow to Green
Mecke - Brown
Mandelin - An extremely dark almost black-like color that I believe was either green or brown

If this was 2C-B I'd understand the slight 'high' I felt because 11mg is a rather low dose for 2C-B, but then Mandelin shouldn't have had a colour change. Conversely, if this was 2C-I I should have felt more than the slight buzz I had.

I'm wondering if there have been any reports of a Mandelin reaction with 2C-B, and if 2C-B HBr and 2C-B HCl would produce different results.

Thank you.

I have tried and reagent tested 2C-B, 2C-C, 2C-D, 2C-E, 2C-I, 2C-T-2, 2C-T-7. Of those compounds the only ones that I've found go from yellow to green with Marquis is: 2C-B, 2C-C and 2C-I. Those 3 chemicals also can appear brown at some stage during the reaction to Mecke.

Your Mandelin reaction is the strange one. Is it possible Mandelin is reacting to some impurity? Is it possible you used too large a sample of powder? My records of Mandelin reaction to 2C-I say no reaction. 2C-C was almost no reaction except some mild thin green streaks. 2C-B reacted bright yellow to Mandelin.
TheAzo's report would seem to backup my results but feel free to browse it yourself: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/512598-Marquis-Mecke-Mandellin-results-for-stim-empathogen-2C-X-RC-s-amp-more

So here is what I would suggest. Retest the compound using just a small amount. Look for each subtle change in colour and record it. For example with Marquis here it what I find:
2C-B - Quick to yellow changing to light green then darker lime green ending at light blue after a few mins.
2C-C - Quick to yellow then gradually to lime green, after 15-20mins it ends at an aqua or a pale bluish green.
2C-I - Quick to dark brown with yellow edges changing to dark green with yellow edges. After a few minutes changing to only dark green. After 10mins or so it’s a dark greenish blue.

and for Mecke I find:
2C-B - Dark yellowish green with red ring around the edges. Changes to a brownish dark green.
2C-C - Yellow changing to brown then slowly to dark green after a min or two, very thin red ring around edge after 10mins or so.
2C-I - Immediate reaction to a reddish brown to chocolate brown

Hmmm I've just read your subjective effects and time frame. This should really help as 2C-C and 2C-B both last around 4-8hrs. 2C-I on the other hand lasts about 8-14hrs depending on dose. So I don't think you've got 2C-I. My guess is you've got 2C-B. At 11mg 2C-C would do next to nothing except maybe make you feel a bit sleepy and yawn. I usually find 50mg is the minimum needed dose to get visuals and a mild trip with 2C-C.

I've done 2C-B half a dozen times but personally like many other people on Bluelight IMO 2C-B is the most overrated 2C-x compound. Shulgin loved it and hence the stigma but compared to the other 2C-x compounds I found it is nothing special. I had only mild visual distortions (no visual patterns) at 20-30mg orally. The psychedelic headspace was strong enough at 20-30mg that I didn't really wanna dose higher. Each 2C-B experience was largely forgettable, more like a psychedelic flavoured stupor rather than anything that enlightening or fun.

IME high purity 2C-B and 2C-C have a very ordinary uniform white fine powder appearance. Various batches of 2C-I on the other hand has always had a sparkly appearance when held up to a bright light even when the purity varied greatly. It usually has more of a grainy appearance and the more pure stuff is white tiny crystals. At least that's been my experience. Here's a pic of what looks like high purity 2C-I from Erowid:
2ci_powder__i2004e0773_disp.jpg