• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-B Crystals, OK to use alone first time?

Echelon1

Greenlighter
I have a connect on high quality pure 2C-B crystals. I have never used psychedelics or MDMA, but have a great interest in exploring what these are like.

2CB interests me as I hear that it is sort of like a cross between MDMA/E and LSD.

Unfortunately none of my friends are interest in trying psychedelics or 2CB with me, we only smoke weed together, so the only option would be to have a go alone apparently. What do you think of this?

I have scales to measure out dosage. How much is best for a light trip, with the option of topping up if desired after assessing how everything is going? I have read that 10-15mg would be about right, is this correct?

Nasal insufflation vs soaking on the tongue/in water?

I'm also interested in hearing some of your experiences with 2CB.

I'd say that 2C-B is a pretty relaxed psychedelic for a first experience. From a harm reduction perspective, I do not recommend tripping alone for your first time, because since you've never done psychedelics, you don't know how you're going to react. Some people react quite strongly and experience a psychotic break. It's unlikely this will happen but if it does, you'd be in trouble if you were alone. Additionally, the come-up of psychedelic experience can be quite anxiety-producing, and if you're alone and you succumb to the anxiety you may begin acting irrationally and become a danger to yourself. 2C-B is a pretty gentle one, it doesn't have very intense come-up, but the point is that you just never know until you've experienced it. It doesn't sound like you have a lot of options. Perhaps a friend could agree to be there with you and not really interact with you unless necessary? Or are all of your friends actually against psychedelics?

I'd say that 2C-B is a pretty relaxed psychedelic for a first experience. From a harm reduction perspective, I do not recommend tripping alone for your first time, because since you've never done psychedelics, you don't know how you're going to react. Some people react quite strongly and experience a psychotic break. It's unlikely this will happen but if it does, you'd be in trouble if you were alone. Additionally, the come-up of psychedelic experience can be quite anxiety-producing, and if you're alone and you succumb to the anxiety you may begin acting irrationally and become a danger to yourself. 2C-B is a pretty gentle one, it doesn't have very intense come-up, but the point is that you just never know until you've experienced it. It doesn't sound like you have a lot of options. Perhaps a friend could agree to be there with you and not really interact with you unless necessary? Or are all of your friends actually against psychedelics?

One friend is interested in maybe trying LSD but couldn't say or definite. They have told me that 2-cb definitely isn't something they would try, insuffulation does not interest them whatsoever and they do not like the look of the substance anyway.

I would use LSD but maybe not as a first psychedelic, I do not like the idea of an 8-10 hour trip for my first experience. 2-cb sounds much better as everywhere seems to say it is much gentler and more controllable and the duration is around half of that of LSD.

I used 2C-B my first time alone, but I already had plenty of experience with psychedelics. I'd have to suggest a sitter as well just because it's difficult to anticipate the effects of these drugs when you have no benchmark to weigh it against. I remember my close friend's first trip on mushrooms and my second trip with them; I was calmly sprawled out in a chair allowing music to transport my consciousness through the universe behind closed eyes, while my friend was running around the house overwhelmed by absolutely everything. We had a sitter who tended to him and calmed him down, but if we didn't it would have been very difficult for me to calm him in my state and he probably would have had a horrible time.
If you don't have a friend who will join you at this point in your life, it's best to wait until that friend comes along than to risk diving into the psychedelic ocean unmonitored.

Don't snort it, by the way (you mentioned insufflation). Snorting 2C-Xs dramatically increases bodyload (which is often what leads to anxiety), and the psychedelic effects are reduced as well. The come-up is fast and jankety and unpleasant. Plus it HURTS SO BAD to snort 2C-Xs. I strongly recommend eating it instead of snorting it, or taking it rectally (which has about the same dosage as insufflation but actually reduces bodyload and does not reduce the psychedelic effects).

Serious though, don't snort it.

I used 2C-B my first time alone, but I already had plenty of experience with psychedelics. I'd have to suggest a sitter as well just because it's difficult to anticipate the effects of these drugs when you have no benchmark to weigh it against. I remember my close friend's first trip on mushrooms and my second trip with them; I was calmly sprawled out in a chair allowing music to transport my consciousness through the universe behind closed eyes, while my friend was running around the house overwhelmed by absolutely everything. We had a sitter who tended to him and calmed him down, but if we didn't it would have been very difficult for me to calm him in my state and he probably would have had a horrible time.
If you don't have a friend who will join you at this point in your life, it's best to wait until that friend comes along than to risk diving into the psychedelic ocean unmonitored.

There may be an ex colleague from a few years who would try 2-cb with me. We planned to drop acid while I worked with him but this never happened due to how busy we were at the time.

How about MDMA crystal, another substance that would be best used under supervision?

I think MDMA is less important to have a sitter for. However I wouldn't really want to do it alone, MDMA really shines in interactions with other people.

I guess this can always wait, I will eventually find a friend who would try it with me. With my cousin could be an option too. Would a non-drug user who you completely trust be an option as a sober sitter providing they have read how to handle a trip disaster, or would someone with experience be best?

Of course someone with experience would be better but that doesn't mean you can't substitute a knowledgeable person you trust.

I'm curious why is it that your friends aren't suitable for being sober sitters for you? No one said they had to take it with you. And who knows, maybe they would feel better about trying after they've seen you have fun with it.

I'd take a sober, knowledgeable person that I trust over a person that has some trips under their belt but I don't know as well. Trust is a very important aspect of the set and setting of psychedelics.

Last edited:
QFT es infinite

2C-B is a bit like mescaline, it doesn't really tend to produce the stimmy gregariousness MDMA or stims do for me... but still empathy is really enhanced which is misplaced in people who do not deserve your trust and are nothing but sentry baby-sitters.
As far as psychedelics go, 2C-B is rather mild and forgiving and shouldn't really produce a freak-out but real escalation aside it would probably feel rather welcome if you can confide in someone friendly and tell him or her what you are experiencing.
Whether it could be done doing it alone depends on the person. The majority of people should be able to handle a medium dose, but like Xorkoth said: some people may go unstable. Also people who generally depend on others around them or even rely on people around them to derive their sense of self and self-worth may freak out when alone and this may be enhanced when tripping.

Whatever you do, arrange a relaxed setting - an atmosphere where you can just be free and not some cramped situation where people are looking at you like you are a labrat or where you are expected to behave within constricted parameters. If that is the alternative and you have a developed identity and personality and are self-reliant enough, it is probable preferable to be on your own so that you can just get your freak on.

I guess this can always wait, I will eventually find a friend who would try it with me. With my cousin could be an option too. Would a non-drug user who you completely trust be an option as a sober sitter providing they have read how to handle a trip disaster, or would someone with experience be best?

Yeah for sure, as long as they're comfortable with you doing it and you're comfortable with them. You described a friend who wants to try LSD, maybe that person would be willing to oversee you?

The thing about it is, in general many people find solo tripping to be easier, because you don't have the extra layer of dealing with social dynamics (which psychedelics greatly enhance your awareness of). However there's the odd chance you could react badly so it's not advisable, but that's the only reason why. Once you get a good trip under your belt and assuming you are able to handle yourself, I would recommend having some solo trips so you can really sit back and dig into yourself.

I'd take a sober, knowledgeable person that I trust over a person that has some trips under their belt but I don't know as well. Trust is a very important aspect of the set and setting of psychedelics.

Of course :) that's kinda what I meant. I wasn't saying use someone with experience but don't trust, I meant someone with experience whom you also trust would have a slight edge on someone with no experience whom you trust.

Honestly I think you'd be fine dude. Just don't go overboard with the dose and have a good set and setting and fun things to keep yourself occupied with