• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-B (18mg) - First Time - So you think 2cb is a harmless beginner drug?

With the newer 2-carbon PEAs, has nobody made the bk analogues? bk-2CB worked well. Less potent but dose-response not as steep and it wears off quite suddenly.
There are still combinations of ring substituents that produce unique psychedelic effects. This would seem the better area of research (I was really amazed at the effect of 2C-EF, a state I had never encountered before, but was reasonably repeatable)

It makes one wonder how these compounds bind. I mean, it's possible to place large chains with S & O in them and they are all active.

It's a field I haven't looked into much after a bad experience with 2CI (making it, not taking it) which was 22 years ago.

Iirc, there were several people who had acute cardiac issues after using bk-2C-B, which was a bit of a buzzkill. Not a common side effect, but still. Add to that the fact that it would dimerize in water, that may (or may not) have contributed to the wide variability of dosages. The comeup was long, the duration was longer, and I imagine oral was the only practical way to take it because of dimerization. That meant that you had to take your dose and hope that you hit your mark. For some, that was 110mg. For others, that was 210mg. Pretty big commitment, especially with the heart issues appearing to largely be dose dependant I think.

Long story short, vendors had lots they couldn't offload for long periods of time, making them unwilling to invest in analogs.
Burger King Nexus was a wierd one for me. No heart issues but definitely had bad anxiety which never happens on 2C-B even when I messed up and accidentally snorted 30mg.

With the newer 2-carbon PEAs, has nobody made the bk analogues? bk-2CB worked well. Less potent but dose-response not as steep and it wears off quite suddenly.
by bk you mean beta ketone?

I’ve always found that such ketone PEA or amphetamine analogues suk in vs the parent drug that just has methylene as that position.

I agree. I did it once. It did feel more euphoric/mellow than other psychedelics, but somehow I got the sense that it was probably harder on the body actually. With psychedelics, there's no real physical overdose threshold. With 2C-B though, it's definitely possible to OD if it’s taken in very high dosages even without taking prescription medications or any other variables.
There was a rash of 2CE overdoses when a party of college kids snorted cocaine sized lines of it. I think several ppl died.

Even a key bump of 2CE (and 2CB) is a powerful trip. Couldn’t imagine a giant line

Last edited:
Despite people commenting that 2C-B is gentle, like other phenethylamine psychedelics, it has a really steep dose-response curve. When 2C-B first appeared as an aphrodisiac (under name Nexus), it was as 5mg tablets. Tabletsdistributed for full psychedelic activity were 10mg. I would be cautious about 18mg of 2C-B
The original legal tablet's were dosed 5 mg and 10 mg was indeed a gentle experience. And probably a good recreational dose for most.

After it got banned pills appeared on the black market containing 15 mg. I downed one and that 5 mg's extra made a difference of night and day. From easy going trip to just about to handle it strenght.

It worked? Mine didn't feel active at all, trustable vendor. There was a rumor it was supposed to turn a colour when added to water (blue) it never did. So maybe it was bunk.

What dosage did you take, never past the 100 mg myself and felt nada.

by bk you mean beta ketone?

I’ve always found that such ketone PEA or amphetamine analogues suk in vs the parent drug that just has methylene as that position.
Well bk-MDMA was very nice as I grew older I liked it more then MDMA. No comedown and the option to sleep afterwards, no stimulant effect's (or barely) and by such more relaxing less grinding and the shorter duration att became a plus too.