• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25c-NBOMe HCl Blotter preparation; will this work?

Unholy Jim

Greenlighter
So I am due to receive a 10mg sample of 25c NBOMe.

I intend to add alcohol (Will probably be a Smirnoff vodka if that'll work) whilst stirring at room temperature (To prevent recrystalisation) until the sample is completely dissolved.* I then intend to apply an equal division of said solution to 40 blotters giving a 250ug dose per each.

Will this work? (I prefer sublingual/buccall administration)

Do I need to add HPBCD or will it pass through the mucal membrane as is?

Never prepared tabs before but I'm making an educated guess that this is a sensible way to go?

*: I will first test how much liquid a single tab will absorb and may add extra solvent to the solution to make each 1/40th of my total a more manageable and measurable amount.

Last edited:
Without the HPBCD it works but just a little less efficiently. The onset time might be longer and the trip somewhat less intense compared by measured dose.

If you ask me, 500 ug per hit is a little much. Maybe it would be okay with professionally laid blotter but I would try to even out the margin of error as much as possible.

10 mg / 40 blotters = 250 ug though. Either you made a typo or you have bad maths skills, in the latter case stop to think for a moment what might happen if you fuck up... experienced people are not looking over your shoulder even if you feel like they do 'virtually'.

Recrystallization, hmm well if you can get your compound to dissolve then all is fine either way and no heat was needed. If not, you are better off heating it up a little then after dissolving it all letting it cool to room temperature. It will not necessarily recrystallize, because low temperature (room temp can be relatively low in cases) is not always a sign of bad solubility but a slow *rate* of dissolution as well.

With household items maybe I would use vodka but I would personally avoid water with laying blotter even the water in vodka. I used isopropanol, which is not that exotic... although I did not use blotter paper as my vector.

I have no idea how well the freebase would dissolve in vodka if the freebase is what you have.

I recommend against this, you say you never prepared tabs before but now you plan on doing it your first time with a compound of a class that does not always forgive so easily. And that is putting it mildly. You're playing with fire. At the very least: if something happens and you don't really understand why - like having more liquid left than you calculated or something else that you anticipated differently.... abandon this project immediately.

Last edited:
How are you measuring the solution out? What concentration do you plan to use?

If you have a glass vial, then applying a little heat to the solution whilst mixing it with the 25c speeds up the process quite a bit. Not necessary, though.

10 mg / 40 blotters = 250 ug though. Either you made a type or you have bad maths skills, .

Sorry, that was a typo. Had a friend blathering on at me saying I SHOULD make them 500 each. I did mean to type 250 :L

I'm pretty confident in my mathematical skills, don't worry.

@IamMe90:

What concentration? That would be 10 mg of product dissolved in X ml of vodka, X is yet to be measured via an absorbancy test like he said.

@Jim

you say "don't worry" but it doesn't really help.

What helps is actually reading the Big & Dandy 25C threads front to back and then checking other big 25X threads as well just to be sure. That way it seems like you actually care about not doing something so perilous so casually.
If you read those threads and then still have to create this thread, you either didn't do enough homework or you don't understand the material - in both cases you should feel like you disqualified yourself.

How are you measuring the solution out? What concentration do you plan to use?

If you have a glass vial, then applying a little heat to the solution whilst mixing it with the 25c speeds up the process quite a bit. Not necessary, though.

The concentration doesn't matter. So long as I know the final volume of the solution and the total amount of substance in it.
The idea is that I just use 1/40th of the total for each tab.

X is yet to be determined as I don't know the solubility, the only thing that matters is that X/40< the amount each blotter will absorb, which is the whole point in the absorbency test.

I wish to avoid having to heat the solution as this may mean that some of the chemical may crystalize out when the solution is cooled due to a decrease in the amount that can be dissolved per X ml at a lower temperature.

I wish to avoid having to heat the solution as this may mean that some of the chemical may crystalize out when the solution is cooled due to a decrease in the amount that can be dissolved per X ml at a lower temperature.

I already tried to explain this. If this happens and the chemical crystallizes when cooled, that means it was never going to fit in there at room temperature in the first place.

So, try to dissolve - if there is any difficulty, don't avoid heating.

I already tried to explain this. If this happens and the chemical crystallizes when cooled, that means it was never going to fit in there at room temperature in the first place.

So, try to dissolve - if there is any difficulty, don't avoid heating.

That's what I just said :L....

I understand that you want to avoid that altogether but there is something inevitable about it if you wish to place a certain quantity of product in the volume of solvent that fits in the paper.

Say you calculate a certain concentration and try to prepare it. Either it works without heating or it doesn't. If it doesn't and you do nothing you are fucked either way. That is why I say: don't let that discourage you because it happens lots of times and most of the time it means that it IS in fact dissolving but much too slowly, which is why I recommend the heat. The quantity should be so little, and the concentration so low, that saturation really should not occur. Saturation is the reason for recrystallization: there cannot be dissolved anymore so it ceases to be dissolved, and precipitates.

Maybe I was wrong to interpret 'avoid heating' as 'will not heat whatsoever'. Often it is phrased differently, like 'I will not unless I have to'.

:|

Last edited:
How'd you get on?

So I have 25mg 25i N-Bome and a set of 0.00 scales so weighing doses is a no-no. I can use them to verify I have 25-30mg roughly which is sufficient but to dose I would feel safer breaking it down into vodka. I've looked this up for some time but I would really be safer with a step by step guide by someone who knows what they are doing.

I have access to clean Syringes which I will remove the head. On the side of the barrel it goes up to 1, starting from 0.1. They are branded as nevershares. A 1ml fixed needle syringe although the head comes off if forced.

So.

I was planning heating up 50% vodka til its hot hot hot then sooking 0.3 units and adding to the 25mg HCl.

Once disolved correctly, I figured this was roughly 800ug per 0.01ml mark on the syringe. I was just going to buy some plain white water color paper and squirt carefully 0.01 onto the paper. That would be 1 tab per 1 line.

Am i correct in my calculations? Surely there is a better way to do it?

I also have 100mg of Etizolam Freebase but I have been eyeballing doses the past year. I am planning to just take 2mg a day, 3 days a week while in college so I need a more full proof way of doing it.​

Would 40% Glens vodka or some cheap russian vodka be okay to use? Just heat the vodka up, add to cooking spoon from the needle exchange and add the chemical then draw it up though the syringe barrel with no head? Then add another small amount of vodka to the spoon cook again lightly without it bubbling to get any residue and sook it up again.

Then push 1 tiny marking down on the syringe per tab and I could just eat 5 tabs whenever i feel to trip, right?

Would 40% Glens vodka or some cheap russian vodka be okay to use? Just heat the vodka up, add to cooking spoon from the needle exchange and add the chemical then draw it up though the syringe barrel with no head? Then add another small amount of vodka to the spoon cook again lightly without it bubbling to get any residue and sook it up again.

Then push 1 tiny marking down on the syringe per tab and I could just eat 5 tabs whenever i feel to trip, right?