View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25-i nbome | Are my kidneys failing?

ElevatedSoul

Bluelighter
Long story short, I've had a batch of tabs laying around with roughly 200-300ug on each if i'd guess (only ever taken them in singles and never tripped hard/if even mildly) Taken 3 in the past with no issue, ended up taking another Saturday morning and by night i was restless, but fatigued, had stomach issues, was weak, had twitches/tremors, had no appetite, and just all around didn't feel 100%. I felt well enough to operate normally, this morning i decided to take another for shits a giggles and while waiting for the trip I wanted to research more about it out of boredom waiting for the euphoria to kick in. Read stories about Acute Renal Failure and decided to search that up too. Next thing I know, im starting a trip off while reading my symptoms off a list that goes with kidney failure! I know 25i-nbome can definitely cause kidney damage/failure but would it be possible at such a low dose? I also know it can be unpredictable, thats why Im not bringing in the "I've done some tabs from the same batch in the past". Just want to know if ya'll think Im just paranoid or should see a doc.

(Note: All these symptoms aren't severe enough to stop me from doing things, i only really notice them when im doing nothing.)

Get a creatinine clearance ratio test. It consists of a 24 hour urine sample and a blood test. Very simple. If you've got access to a compassionate, understanding doctor.

I've lived with kidney failure for 14 years.

Tom

I think NBOMes are known more for causing seizures in high doses than kidney damage (like daily dosing of dissociatives can do). I doubt a single low-dose trip is enough to cause permanent damage. But yeah, definitely go see a doctor and maybe get a referral to a urologist if you're having flow issues etc. This kind of stuff can't be diagnosed by strangers over the internet.

Erm, were you still tripping when you typed this? Not the best idea to attempt to self diagnose medical problems when coming up on psychedelics, I'd say (if that's the case). Or to even read about them in such states.

Those symptoms sound like the kind of thing you could expect to feel the night following a day of tripping. I'd say you almost certainly just got yourself worked up.

If symptoms persist go to a doctor. Otherwise, just avoid 25-i nbome, and avoid reading about serious medical conditions whilst coming up on psychedelics!

I've felt off and not well the day after doing many psychedelics, especially the more physically unforgiving phenethylamines (2c-e, NBOMe) but this is merely psychological or due to fatigue.
I very highly doubt two low doses of NBOMe will have any effect, acute or long-term, on your kidneys in terms of damage and/or function.
If you are worried about kidney failure by all means get them tested, a physical is generally a good idea to have done every once in awhile anyways, but if your fears are largely unsubstantiated, I wouldn't worry about them too much.

I've been "convinced" I had consumed a baaaaaaaad mushroom (like death cap) while tripping entirely due to digestive upset. Thankfully I knew in the back of my mind I was freaking out, but for the sake of this discussion I was so sure what I was feeling was my organs shutting down lol. Definitely not the right state of mind to go diagnosing myself.

I've been "convinced" I had consumed a baaaaaaaad mushroom (like death cap) while tripping entirely due to digestive upset. Thankfully I knew in the back of my mind I was freaking out, but for the sake of this discussion I was so sure what I was feeling was my organs shutting down lol. Definitely not the right state of mind to go diagnosing myself.

I had something similar with a high dose of mushrooms, but not with digestive distress but blindness.
Instead I suddenly began to get really dizzy and my visuals intensified, next thing I know I'm on the ground of my bathroom with my friends crying and shaking me awake.
Apparently I'd fainted, fallen, hit my head on the corner of the bathtub, and convulsed for like 10 seconds.
When I came too I couldn't see out of my left eye for probably 20 minutes, fucking scary trying to convince yourself you aren't actually going blind while on 7 grams of mush

It's scary enough tallying up your symptoms with those of some kind of chronic disease when you're sober, let alone coming up on nbome. If you have personal health doubts about nbome, it's yet another reason not to take it. There aren't really many psychedelics I (or the majority of this board, presumably) would warn people against taking, but 25I-NBOMe is certainly one. I think that says a lot.

I had something similar with a high dose of mushrooms, but not with digestive distress but blindness.
Instead I suddenly began to get really dizzy and my visuals intensified, next thing I know I'm on the ground of my bathroom with my friends crying and shaking me awake.
Apparently I'd fainted, fallen, hit my head on the corner of the bathtub, and convulsed for like 10 seconds.
When I came too I couldn't see out of my left eye for probably 20 minutes, fucking scary trying to convince yourself you aren't actually going blind while on 7 grams of mush

Kind of similar but I'll never forget smashing my head off a concrete pavement in school whilst playing football, and my vision going green for ten seconds or so. It was literally like every other colour had been removed, and I could only see shades of green. I'd love to know what happened inside my brain, but thankfully my vision restored.

Last edited:
I passed out while donating blood once. I saw little white sparkly things everywhere, then they got bigger and bigger, and then suddenly everything went completely white while I heard a nurse shout out "Get the needle out of his arm!!!" Next thing I remember I'm laying flat on my back and staring at the ceiling with five people around me asking me what my name is, what year it is, who's the current President, etc. Freaky stuff.