• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

24 days clean from Suboxone, took Vicodin the last 5 days, will I star over with WD?

Acey Da Spaceman

Greenlighter
Hi, I hope this is in the right forum. I am a new member, just joined so I could make this post and ask this question.

First off a little background info about me: I am a College Senior about to graduate, and I have battled addiction many times. I am 32 (late start with school thanks to addiction). Started when I was 22 with Oxy Contin, then went to Methadone, and then Suboxone, and I have detoxed off every one. I have gone months and even a couple years completely clean, then hang out with old friends think just once and pick up right where I left off. However, the last 5 years its only been Suboxone, buying them off the street because of insurance and all that jazz.

Anyways, Last summer I was clean, then school started and I got back into Suboxone when an old friend moved to town, and I made the mistake (blame myself) getting back into it. I hated myself for it, I was 1 year clean, happy, A Student and BAM just like that back to spending all my money and time buying them, driving to downtown Sacramento or Bay Area (SF, Oakland, Berkely ETC, I live in Suburbs of Sacramento, Roseville, Folsom, Rocklin Granite Bay area). So long story short I went on another 9 to 10 month Suboxone addiction, at most I was taking half a day of the strips or the Subutex, I never had a system, just take what I could afford, then after the semester ended I decided its time to quit, I know i said that before, but this time it was my choice and nobody elses, none of my friends or family knew that I had been taking them again for so long... SO I had to work myself up to stopping, I knew Withdrawal was imminent, 25 days ago exactly I took the last dose of less than 1mg strip. In fact I was taking around 2 to 3 mg for a few weeks with some days at a half, then for three days in a row I took 1mg or less, then quit. My last day was June 23rd , 2016. I said NO MORE!!!!

So I went through some hell.... First 4 days were misserable, I went to see my college buddy in Reno (where he works now with a MA degree) and we went and saw a Pink Floyd Cover band Brit Floyd, drank some beers smoked a little bit of weed, did okay, I was there from days 7 to 12 and I was okay, I still had the terrible yawns, goosebumps, stomach problems, insomnia (Cannabis helps) but I made it, and he is a good influence, totally against opiates, huge Marijuana advocate though :) But when I came home back to the Sac Area, the Sub WD and depression kicked in full force, I had chances to get Subs and other opiates, I told myself enough is enough and said NO WAY!!! I am proud of the progress I made!!!

On day 15 or 16 I could not get comfortable and I was trying to stretch, pulled my lower oblique muscle in my back, I ignored it at first. I thought it would go away, but it just got worse and worse, my mom told me I should see a DR, so I said okay better make sure I didnt do any real damage to my back It hurt like hell!!! So I went and saw a DR, never told him about my opiate problems, none of his business, and he prescribed me what he called Norcos, the 5mg/325mg Hydrocodone, I call them Vicodon, but we can argue what they are another time. He gave me 30 of them, At first I wanted to flush them, but my back actually hurt and the Motrin doesnt do anything... SO I took them (I dont want any lectures about trading one for the other, I have never had a problem with Norcos/Vicodin, I have problems with Methadone and Suboxone). I felt like I had a legitimate reason to take them. On Tuesday July 12th I took some and my Lingering Sub WD dissapeared completely, and my back felt okay, had trouble sleeping because I felt a rush of energy. I took them how I was supposed every 4 hours for pain, I did take more at once than I was supposed to, like 3 at once, every 4 hours, and today July 16 (25 days clean of Sub) I took the last one and half.....

SO I am sorry for all that text for this one question, just felt its easier to explain the situation......

Will I start over with Suboxone Withdrawal now that I took Vicodin for the last 5 days? I know sub WD last about 30 days (for me its always a good 30 days) or will I be okay and should not worry about withdrawal from the Vics? I am terrified that I might have to start over at Day 1 again and I do not want to do that!!! I have no plans on getting more Vicodin, my back feels much better, the Vicodin are gone, but did I put myself back any? OR do you guys think I will be okay? I dont think mentally I can go through another days 1 through 7 again. I dont ever want to use Suboxone or Methadone or any opiate again, I hate withdrawaling and its just not worth it, I am about to graduate from college and start a real life!!! SO Thank you for reading and any helpful comments with your experience or what I should I expect, I appreciate it!!! And if this is in the wrong forum I am sorry.

Question one more time: Even though I am 25 days clean of Suboxone, from days 20 to 25 I took about 6 a day 5mg/325mg Hydrocodone. Tomorrow will I feel like day one again? Will the Withdrawals start over at day 1 again? I really hope not!!

Thank you for your time and I wish everyone on here the best :) :) :) :)

Last edited:
I feel for you. Oh, & welcome to the BL community!

Although I've heard using opiates after being clean (for even a cpl of days), could start WDs again, I think the weakness of Vicodin is not comparable to subs.

Hopefully you'll just feel a bit down & not have the physical symptoms for a few days.

It could be a lot worse should it be the opposite way around.

Best of luck,

Rtp

Thank You for the kind words of encouragment!!! I am strong minded, and strong willed, I really do want to beat this evil. I dont have problems with alcohol or Marijuana, really I am pretty good at limiting myself, its just Subs and Dones the long half-life opiates that get me, once I start its hard to quit. I dont do heroin or roxies or anything like that, mostly just Subs.

I took the one and half 5mg hydrocodone (so 7.5mg) at 2pm today, I dont feel terrible but I dont feel great either, the Sub detox is almost over, I just dont want to set myself back. Thanks again for your reply, I know Hydrocodone has a short half life, so if the WD start they would start soon I would imagine. I just want to be done with WD and opitaes forever!!!!

No one can tell you one way or the other man. Individual metabolism and experience with drugs, dependence and withdrawal varies widely. So, you being in control of your own mind and body, would probably be best adept at answering your question. We just don't know enough about you. With that being said, I and a lot of other Opioid addicts will tell you that it takes a disproportionately light frequency/dose of Opioids to restart withdrawal.

Meaning, if it took you 6 months of Opioid use previously to experience withdrawal, the second time around, it will likely occur much quicker and probably more severely.

I don't think you will start over completely however you will likely feel shity for at least a day if not more. I doubt it will be anywhere near as bad as your initial jump from subs but 5 days of consecutive use is definitely enough to cause some at the very least mild withdrawals. Good luck and let us know how it goes.