• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 20mg of Oxymorphone (IR) IV'd, & felt NOTHING

arthunter888

Bluelighter
My background: I have many years of experience with opiates, including trying at least once every opiate I can think of. Currently I am using anywhere from 35-40mg of pure fent-HCL everyday via nasal spray I make with pharmacy-bought saline. (so yes my opiate tolerance is ridiculously high).

I usually use about 15-20mg of fent during the day, and 20mg overnight to keep me asleep. I have thought about my fent use as a possible reason I did not feel the Oxymorphone (OM), due to the way fent jacks up tolerance.

The last month there were only 2 opiates left that I had yet to try: China White Heroin (over 90% pure heroin -NO fent- from the golden triangle), and Oxymorphone via injection (I used to snort Opana 40s back when they were around, but I only started IVing this summer, so naturally injected OM was also on my bucket list).

I DID get to try both, but was only 'successful' in getting a buzz with the China White heroin. On the first try I injected 50mg and did not feel much. On the 2nd try, I made sure I only did 15mg of my daily fent dose during the day, then waited at least 3-4 hours for the fent to wear off before injecting (this time a higher dose) 150mg of the CW H (I first filtered it with a .22 micron filter). Boy did I feel that!! Not only was the rush ridiculously strong (both my head and hands felt like they were on fire and extremely itchy from the histamine reaction), but I spent the next 3 hours nodding uncontrollably. I practically was unconscious for 80% of the high so I kind of wasted it. I obviously underestimated the dose of 150mg (based on not feeling the 50mg 2 days before).

So more recently, I acquired some 10mg IR Oxymorphone pills. They are the Actavis brand (pink, "K 71"), which I hear is currently one of the best brands of IR OM. And I know they were legit based on other people who obtained some from the same source I did. So, just like I did with the 150mg shot of CW H, I made sure I only did 15mg of fent during the day, and waited 3-4 hours before doing the shot of OM. But when I did the shot of 20mg of OM, I felt absolutely nothing!! (maybe just slight relief from the slight WD felt from 4 hours of no fent) Not only did I feel no rush, but I felt no high at all. And 20mg of OM is nothing to sneeze at (20mg oxymorphone IV = 400mg oxycodone) I am just wondering what the reason is that I did not get a buzz from injecting 20mg of oxyomorphone.

Just in case it matters, my procedure for injecting the pills:

1) Dissolved pills in a shot glass with 2.5mL of distilled water. Waited 10 minutes for them to completely dissolve, stirring occasionally. When I could see that the solution was completely in liquid form.

2) I then did a pre-filter- I wet a piece of cotton, then back-loaded the cotton in a 3mL syringe (without needle). I then used another oral syringe to suck up the OM solution, and dropped into the 3mL syringe, then inserted the plunger and pushed the solution through into a clean shot glass. It came through fairly easily, and I could see that the piece of cotton was now pink, & the solution was less pink than before, and contained much less solid particles than before.

3) Now was the time for the main filter with the .22 (Whatman brand) micron wheel filter (I use this with ALL injections, but with decent H I don't have to pre-filter becuase there are no particles left over). I drew up the pale-pink solution using a 3mL syringe without needle. I could see that I still had almost 2.5mL of solution (so I did not 'loose' much as this is what I started with). I then attached the micron filter to the end of the luer-lock syringe, attached a needle to the other end of the filter, and pushed the OM solution through to another fresh 3mL syringe (without needle).

4) Now I have a solution ready to inject. And I see I still have just over 2mL (so again, I did not 'loose' much). Since I had 1mL of space left in my syringe, I repeated steps 1-2 again with the used cotton to 'rinse' any trapped OM out with another 1mL of water, and added this to the IV syringe. So I injected, registered and saw blood so I was in the vein, then pushed in. Since it was 3mL going through a tiny 30-guage needle, this took about 10-15 seconds, but I still got a rush under those circumstance with the CW H. I noticed I got no rush at all, and waited for the high. I figured it might take a minute or 2 to kick in. Sadly, a half-hour later, I knew that I did not catch any buzz at all from the 20mg OM shot I just did.

I am still dumbfounded over why I did not feel this shot at all? Even WITH my hefty tolerance from fent, I think I should have at least felt SOMETHING. I mean, is 20mg OM (IV) really much less powerful than 150mg of CW heroin? I know that Oxymorphone is a very potent opiate, and is stronger than heroin mg for mg, so I assumed 20mg would be sufficient to at least feel something. But all I got was a slightly weakened minor-withdrawal effect from going 3-4 hours without fent.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for those with valuable input: I just want to know are what possible reasons why I did not catch a buzz from 20mg Oxymorphone IV'd? Is it simply that my dose of OM was too low for my fent/opiate tolerance? If this was the reason, then what dose (approximately) of IV'd OM is equal to 150mg of pure heroin?

I hope this is not the reason, since I feel dissolving and filtering 4 of these pills (so I have enough dosage) in just 3mL of water would be very difficult (dissolving & filtering 2 wasn't exactly a 'breeze'). (If it is in fact the dose being too low, then I will probably just wait until I can take a break from the fent for at least 4 days so my tolerance goes down).

Or do you guys think it was something else, perhaps the pre-filter that maybe 'trapped-in' too much OM? Any theories are welcomed. I only have 5 of these left, so I don't want to waste anymore next time I try. sorry for the length...

As an educated guess I feel there's two likely things occurring.
1) Your tolerance is so high that you didn't take enough. If this is the case I can only suggest looking at conversion chart and adjusting the dose accordingly.
2) Unless you know as a fact they're genuine pharmaceutical pills then most likely they're fake. Which means it would be wise to trash them and be thankful they weren't something dangerous.

I'm sure you're probably already thinking about these two points but if not I hope they help.

Psynce.

The white Roxanne lab opana are best injected as they mix without crushing. Om doesn't really have any rush as even at 50 mg when I had them scripted using 5-10 mg every 4-6 hours I had no rush even at 50 mg. They can cause a nod, but with your fent tolerance I'm surprised the China white hit you. You're really in the heavy side of dependance... I recommend lowering your tolerance before you end up without anything in a bad spot.

As an educated guess I feel there's two likely things occurring.
2) Unless you know as a fact they're genuine pharmaceutical pills then most likely they're fake. Which means it would be wise to trash them and be thankful they weren't something dangerous.

I've looked into it and this theory is negative. Not only did I confirm from other people who bought from the source that they are real pharms, but I also weighed them on my mg scale and they are the correct weight for oxymorphone IR pills.

I've looked into it and this theory is negative. Not only did I confirm from other people who bought from the source that they are real pharms, but I also weighed them on my mg scale and they are the correct weight for oxymorphone IR pills.

I sincerely hope I'am indeed wrong with my second hypothesis. It would unfortunate to think it's wrong but turned out to be correct.
All in all my first hypothesis seems most likely to be the case here. Which as mentioned it would advisable to bring your tolerance down less you cannot get pain relief in a bad situation.
All the best and stay safe.

Psynce.