• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

20mg of crushed Oxy ER did nothing

BlueBull

Moderator: MDMA
Hey all,

I've wanted to try out oxy for a long time now. Have been an extremely sporadic user of codeïne (CWE) and tramadol. So a friend got me 3 pills to try out, 2x20mg extended release and 1x40mg extended release.

Now a little pretext is that I am extremely insensitive to just about any sedative out there. Doesn't matter what they give me in the hospital, they always have to give me much much more than an average dose to even make me drowsy. Except for N2O, that works normally for me. Now I was really looking forward to trying this out. Looked up doses and judging from the advised doses and going a little higher I decided to crush up 20mg and start off there. That hardly did anything, a bit of a glow, warm feeling and being at ease but no euphoria, no extremely pleasant feeling, nothing more than a bit of a glow.

So now I'm in doubt as to how to proceed. I have 1x20mg and 1x40mg left. Should I just go ahead and crush up the 40mg at once or what do you guys advise? Want to get some advice first as I'm not sure. 40mg for someone with 0,0 tolerance is listed everywhere as too much so. Is it possible that I really need that much to really feel it, or is this some kind of tamper-proof extended release pill or something?

Thanks for any replies

BB

Hi.

As you might know, natural tolerance towards opiats/opioids varies greatly between individuals so you might be one of the unlucky ones with a high baseline tolerance towards this class of drugs.

I have some experience with Oxycontin (Oxycodone ER) and one of those times, it took a long time to come up (first effects in 2 hours or so, peak reached around the third-fourth hour) and the effects were very weak. I did something different from all the other times though.

What I used to do was to crush up the pill and mix it with some carbonated water (doesn't mix well) and then down it went. I've tried this approach 4 or 5 times and it always worked as it should, with first effects in 30-45 mins and peak around the 90 min mark. 20 mg would have me where I wanted to be (highly euphoric).

The last time, I crushed the pill and put it in a gel tab. This yielded the weak experience. Coincidence? Maybe, but I'm sticking to the carbonated water approach for sure, it definately won't do any harm to the Oxycodone experience. You could try this yourself, who knows, it might work.

What kind of ER oxycodone are you using BlueBull - 'OP' printed Oxycontin? If so, crushing it up doesn't really do anything - it just gels back up in your stomach. I'm guessing that's the issue here.

What kind of ER oxycodone are you using BlueBull - 'OP' printed Oxycontin? If so, crushing it up doesn't really do anything - it just gels back up in your stomach. I'm guessing that's the issue here.
Don't think I can tell you, since substance ID is not allowed on bluelight :) I don't have the new formulation though no, so that shouldn't be the issue

Also will try the carbonated drink trick. Would 30mg be too much you think, or could I safely try that? I have sober people with me

First time trying, after doing my research and everything i decided to do 15mg, and I had to up that to 40mgs to get where I wanted to be. It is possible that you just have a naturally higher tolerance to opiates than most people. Up your dose about maybe 10-15mg and see how that goes.

First time trying, after doing my research and everything i decided to do 15mg, and I had to up that to 40mgs to get where I wanted to be. It is possible that you just have a naturally higher tolerance to opiates than most people. Up your dose about maybe 10-15mg and see how that goes.
With how much time in between doses? Thanks for the reply! Will start at 30 and up the dose if needed, but really want to make sure I do this safely. This will be the last time I try oxy so want to make the most of it

Update: 30mg crushed in carbonated drink + 10mg 1,5h later produces moderate euphoria and well-being. Not what you'd expect from that dose. Going to call it quits and consider this drug not for me. Thanks for the replies

I have recently switched to an extended release formulation of oxy. To ensure that all of the material gets into my stomach I always put the crushed tablet into a capsule and swallow it. My personal experience has been that I need about 1.5 times the dose of the extended release oxy compared to say percocet.