Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

20mg adderall IR - first time

cinnamon-catboy

Greenlighter
I was prescribed 5mg adderall yesterday for my adhd. I took 20mg because according to one singular website that's about equal to 40mg focalin xr which is what I've taken almost every day for about 2 or 3 months, I might take a higher dose next time or take it with vyvanse.
10:27: I took 20mg
11:15: I felt very tired but calm which was very weird and not at all what I expected but nice
11:25: I had to talk to my aba therapist and it was very easy to talk to her for some reason even tho I hate her ass, it's curing my autism better than my therapist is lmao. I was also sweating a lot
13:30: very tired
14:00: I was able to focus on stuff, I finished a whole drawing in about an hour without getting distracted which was cool
19:00: the adderall has worn off and I feel more awake then when I was on it???? I want to take more but it's in the kitchen where my parents are so that's not an option :(
in conclusion I like adderall but I hope I'll feel more awake if I have caffeine with it.

It sounds like you found the thereapeutic amount of drug for your needs! Maybe, at a later point ask your doctor about taking Adderall XR in the morning so that it lasts throughout the day.

Adderall makes me feel tired also. Sometimes I can sleep for an hour or two after I take an IR. When I get tired from it in the afternoon I take what I like to call adderall naps. I basically lay down for about an hour in a trance state. I'm not asleep but I'm not awake either and time passes quicker. Once I wake back up my heart is usually racing and I'm ready to get back to studying.

i feel so fucking bad you have to see an ABA therapist. thats just outright ableism and abuse jsyk. i hope things improve