• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 2 week hospitalized valium detox - possible?

Crankinit

Bluelighter
Basically what the title says. My doctor says that it is, and that she's seen it done before, and has insisted as much for a while, but I'm skeptical. I'm on 20mg-ish a day, and have been taking benzos daily for 4 years now (although my current dose is massively reduced from what I started out taking), so it seems like it would be, at least, uncomfortable in the extreme and result in major PAWS, especially since I'm a fairly tightly wound guy to begin with.

Only reason I'm even entertaining the idea is that I'm having a really hard time staying off meth, and I don't know if I can do it as long as I'm in this city. I know a change of environment isn't a cure, but I feel I could vastly benefit from some distance from this city, all the people and places I know and how easy it is to get on here. I'm not confident in my ability to stop using meth while here, but I'm tied here because I'm dependent on valium and the doctor who writes it for me is here.

Anyway, any input on the likelyhood of this being a real thing would be vastly appreciated, cheers :)

Do you have insurance that covers it?
What specifically can they do you cant outside?

I dont think it addresses the meth prob because you still get out.

Idk what to just somr thoughts.

Do you have insurance that covers it?

I'm in Australia so the medical system is a bit different, but in short: yeah that part is covered.

What specifically can they do you cant outside?

I'm not sure, which is why I'm so skeptical of the whole thing. Although I've been told from multiple sources that since I've had a seizure before (GHB overdose) I'll need to be medically supervised for the final jump from benzos anyway.

I dont think it addresses the meth prob because you still get out.

No the meth is a whole other thing, obviously. But if I can get off the valium and leave this city, it opens more doors in terms of how I approach it. Right now, I'm not sure the meth thing is going to be possible to get a handle on if I don't at least get out of town for a couple months, but the valium ties me down here.

Can you ask what are the specifcs they are recommending hospital and what treatments theyd do that makes it a better choice?