View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2 questions on Mescaline.

MentalMagnificient

Greenlighter
So one of my close friends has acquired 2 grams of Mescaline HCl from a very trusted vendor. He said that the only method of ingestion he has read about while researching is putting the powder in pill capsules and swallowing them. My friend however does not have any pill capsules nor knows where to get them so he is wondering if its ok to just pour in your mouth or put in a drink or something?

Also, he chose a 500mg dose for the first trip as that is labelled as a strong trip dosage wise and he has a fair amount of experience with strong doses/hallucinogenics (600 and 750ug of LSD and DMT) and is wondering if that will still be a satisfying dose. He has read some people saying a dose that size is very strong and others say it is weak. So would 500mgs be a satisfying trip for an experienced tripper? Thank you for your help, my friend will be grateful for the advice.

You can find capsules at the pharmacy. If not, your best bet is to make parachutes (roll the powder in a tiny bit of rolling paper or tissue paper, and swallowing it with water).

Reaction to dosage seems to vary quite a bit among people. There's a report of someone tripping balls on 250mg for instance. I only tried it once, with 400mg, and I found it a light yet enjoyable experience (maybe equivalent to, say, 75µg LSD). But there's really no way of knowing what your tolerance is until you try it.

I would be wary of purchasing mescaline off of anyone who doesnt constantly talk about how much he loves/hates working with cacti to extract it or something. Mescaline is not something that people usually sell as its hard to get a mark up that makes sense the base cost is almost the cost you would end up having to sell it for and the work load isnt small when you are trying to make it into an isolated salt. Do you have a test kit?

It is just due to the fact it takes hours to isolate and salt it smells more then most because of the aromatic solvents you need to use and then there is the whole salting it out of the solution it really makes it hard to mark it up to be worth it so as long as you literally got it from someone you can assume is not in it for the money i would not trust it. Just my 2 cents.

I've taken mescaline HCl up to 450 mg and had hardly any OEV or mindfuck / tripped out ness, but still profound and very personal CEV visions, sort of like orientation of the destiny of my soul - I am not religious but that is closest to what it felt like.

Others have certainly tripped hard at 300 mg so yeah it is hard to say.

I believe I have tried it in capsules and another time just dissolved in a glass of water or juice. Both times I staggered ingestion over 30-45 minutes. I had to throw up every time, one of those times I did not take long before I did and had slight worries over having absorbed all of the mesc in time, it did not feel bad at all though just like with MDMA and the trip started within 5 minutes of having thrown up - I went to lie down on the wooden floor and regressed to a foetal state, vulnerable like an infant being born.

Tried 2 separate batches of synth mesc.

I would be wary of purchasing mescaline off of anyone who doesnt constantly talk about how much he loves/hates working with cacti to extract it or something. Mescaline is not something that people usually sell as its hard to get a mark up that makes sense the base cost is almost the cost you would end up having to sell it for and the work load isnt small when you are trying to make it into an isolated salt. Do you have a test kit?

It is just due to the fact it takes hours to isolate and salt it smells more then most because of the aromatic solvents you need to use and then there is the whole salting it out of the solution it really makes it hard to mark it up to be worth it so as long as you literally got it from someone you can assume is not in it for the money i would not trust it. Just my 2 cents.

My thoughts exactly.

Synthetic mescaline does circulate and my sources (in the journalistic sense, not the trafficking sense) tell me it is currently circulating, and it is far superior to the crude extracted material. The synthetic stuff used to more of a boutique product if your friend was a chemist or whatever but apparently now it's being made in commercial quantities. 500mg is not that high a dose and what I would recommend to a serious psychonaut. But again YMMV. Both myself and my petite girlfriend at the time took this dose and were fine even walking around in public. There is little mindfuckery involved or for that matter visuals in the LSDish sense just everything seems beautiful and a lot of warm emotional content. Beautiful, absolutely amazing drug.

While you cannot really tell anything conclusive from appearance I will say that I've seen mescaline and a few analogues like methallylescaline having a typical and beautiful vermiculite like sparkle when crystalline... tho I also have fine mesc HCl powder that is nothing special to look at.

...my HCl salt from an extraction came out to be a blackish sort of powder. I didnt have much cacti to work with and was expecting about a gram and thats what i got. Didnt bother recystalizing it because i knew i would get 1 dose from the material and didnt care for the pretty crystals. But yeah thats why i get nervous when people say they have "white crystalline mescaline" as the numbers really dont make sense unless its from a friend and they dont mind putting in hours of work for almost no profit. Its just kinda rare people do that so I always advise you proceed with extreme caution. My roughly a gram of crudish HCl salt was enough for a moderately intense trip, truly amazing stuff and would definitely recommend the real deal.

What OP is talking about almost certainly did not come from a cactus, so the cactus discussion is irrelevant. Synthetic mescaline is on the scene and yes, dose per dose, it is quite expensive or so I am lead to believe (relative to the PiHKAL derivatives.)

What OP is talking about almost certainly did not come from a cactus, so the cactus discussion is irrelevant. Synthetic mescaline is on the scene and yes, dose per dose, it is quite expensive or so I am lead to believe (relative to the PiHKAL derivatives.)

True, I would just proceed with caution just because of how rare the compound is I would be concerned about it being an analog. That was my main point it is far easier to make other drugs synthetically too as its easier to find 2,5 dimethoxy substituted starting materials then 3,4,5 substituted precursor at least from what I have seen in the "field" :)

oh, no doubt but my sources (journalistic) inform me that a commercial sized batch is currently circulating of genuine 3,4,5
aware of the synth technicalities but I guess people are going to the trouble which is pretty cool I guess
I know nothing about the (drug) source but my (journalistic) sources tell me that they are considered very reliable
I had pure 3,4,5 in the past from a boutique synth friend of a friend type situation i.e. unimpeachable source and quality and it was excellent

and I am a shut in who posts on chemistry forums and what not and some of the things that get traded among chemists can reflect the synthetic psychedelics and their relative abundance as a lot of the traded items are diverted stock from legit suppliers so i would think that this is how a lot of stuff gets done. So when the tri substituted starting material comes up its more expensive and less likely to be something someone will put up for trade. I really couldnt say why but it does lend a decent picture of what it would take to start a batch which is how i put all of my stuff together. But that really is dependent on who you know and i bet if i was "dedicated" and not "theoretical" if i purchased a chunk of precursor the price probably would drop.

And that is a legit chemistry site with actual chemists and its strictly a "no cookery" forum. The way real chemist talk about using their labs for less then legit purposes can be funny as its usually shielded in a very well written way lol ;)

yeah I don't really know much about the sourcing of precursors as I was never a part of that game but even though I'm not a part of any game anymore I try to keep my finger on the pulse of the market as it were ... although, without getting into discussion we're not allowed to talk about, maybe people take it a step back and start with a certain flavor? who knows. but it's cool that someone went to the trouble, however it was that they did it..

and yes, the beating around the bush about one's actual chemical intentions is pretty amusing (chemistry's more refined version of SWIM :p)

It is possible to do it that way and I would imagine a lot of people do but when it comes to chemistry less steps is advantageous for so many reasons. But you are absolutely right as I would imagine someone with the time and dedication to the cause they will start with what is commonly available, which your right would surprise those not familiar.

And i love that whole dedicated to the cause. I love the idea of someone who is intelligent enough to do something dedicating themselves to a lesser known cause. Sure you can say anyone can learn a recipe but its gotta be your passion for it to come out amazing. It is crazy to think some people do like 8 years of school and still stay dedicated to the scene, things like that give me faith in humanity :)

Definitely. And using ingenuity to evolve the chemistry, even if it does involve more steps, to suit the legal climate, is pretty interesting to see too. An extension of the subversive nature of the published Shulgin synths. I am no chemist and can't really do much of anything that's harder than baking a cake but the flavorful route (at least it has something to do with cake baking ;)) is probably what I would do if I had the equipment and technical skill.

Much appreciated for the advice. He does not have a testing kit but has purchased from the seller of before with different substances and have been of phenomenal quality so is not concerned about it being legitimate. The price does in fact justify the cost in making it as it was not cheap from what my friend told me.

Yes it is good stuff. Happy trails to "your friend" and let us know how it went afterwards.