Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

2 months comedown

Quirkymountain

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,

2 months ago I had first dose of Mdma with my best friend from childhood. Before that I only had some small experiences with weed, I smoked few times in my life, so no big drug use history. I took 2 quarters of a pill within 1 hour, the whole dosage was around 50mg +\-. Everything was good even days after. 2 weeks after that dose I ended up in hospital because of body tremor, anxiety, thought I was dying my whole body was shaking. Intense head pressure was there 24/7 and extreme amount of anxiety, I couldn’t leave home at all. 2 weeks ago I started going out finally, I can meet friends, do groceries except working, I’m still not ready for work.
Right now I am much less anxious but it still lingers in the background. I feel like this is going to takea few more months till I get back to myself. Good thing is, I’m seeing and feeling the recovery but I would say I am still anxious person, before MDMA I never had any symptoms of anxiety. Anybody feels the same?

Also for the reference the friend who took it with me took pill and a half (around 150mg) and he was more than fine since that, nothing happened to him, so there’s that...

Peace and love to everyone

This is unfortunately a fairly common phenomenon which often happens to new/newer users of MDMA. Often times the person in question has very little if any drug experience, and often times this happens on one of said persons first few experiences.

The good news is this, if you feel your recovering well at this point then that’s a good sign. I too estimate maybe another 2-3 months. Also the low dosage likely saved you as well, some that drop 200mg take much longer.

There is an LTC (long term comedown) thread on this subject but idk if it’s wise to hang out there. I’ll finish with this, this phenomenon is at the very least anxiety based if not completely anxiety related. Those that believe they will recover do, those that think they’re forever broken often stay that way. I wish you luck :)

-GC

Let's not forget that MDMA can be very overwhelming for someone with very little experience with drugs in general.

Also, let's not forget that it can and does kill people - often with their first use and noone knows why.

Some people are just way more susceptible to the effects of potent drugs, but the fact you feel you are improving is encouraging.

Could the after effects you report be totally unrelated to MDMA?

Let's not forget that MDMA can be very overwhelming for someone with very little experience with drugs in general.

Also, let's not forget that it can and does kill people - often with their first use and noone knows why.

Some people are just way more susceptible to the effects of potent drugs, but the fact you feel you are improving is encouraging.

Could the after effects you report be totally unrelated to MDMA?
I agree.

While I wouldn't cross out MDMA as the culprit, it might just as well not be.

It is not a drug that should be taken lightly, especially to newcomers in the perception-modifying game.

I used it to treat my AS, and after about 2 years of use stopped, because I was feeling much better, and the drug made me feel nauseated. I then had insane anxiety attacks, even two full-blown panic attacks, worse than ever before, but it all stopped after some time. My thyroid was also very inactive, and I had to work towards fixing it for months.

I would still explore the possibility that this was not caused by MDMA. While it is a reaction of some to be absolutely overwhelmed by the drug, and the comedown, it's still possible that you're experiencing something entirely different, does sound like a panic attack, but it happened 2 weeks after taking the drug, that makes me a bit suspicious that there could be something else.

Are you very stressed in your day-to-day life?

I agree.

While I wouldn't cross out MDMA as the culprit, it might just as well not be.

It is not a drug that should be taken lightly, especially to newcomers in the perception-modifying game.

I used it to treat my AS, and after about 2 years of use stopped, because I was feeling much better, and the drug made me feel nauseated. I then had insane anxiety attacks, even two full-blown panic attacks, worse than ever before, but it all stopped after some time. My thyroid was also very inactive, and I had to work towards fixing it for months.

I would still explore the possibility that this was not caused by MDMA. While it is a reaction of some to be absolutely overwhelmed by the drug, and the comedown, it's still possible that you're experiencing something entirely different, does sound like a panic attack, but it happened 2 weeks after taking the drug, that makes me a bit suspicious that there could be something else.

Are you very stressed in your day-to-day life?
I am 100% sure it was related to the substance. I wasn’t stressed. Was also living healthy lifestyle with lots of sport in it and zero anxiety. Funny thing is when I came to ER I told them what I think the cause is and they told me they have 3 guys in another room with same issues because of that drug.

I am 100% sure it was related to the substance. I wasn’t stressed. Was also living healthy lifestyle with lots of sport in it and zero anxiety. Funny thing is when I came to ER I told them what I think the cause is and they told me they have 3 guys in another room with same issues because of that drug.
So stress is off the table?
I'm not saying it's unlikely, this stuff is not to be treated lightly.
But it's always good to be thorough and not jump to conclusions prematurely :)

Interesting...

Do you live in an area where it’s possible those 3 other guys could have consumed the same batch as you?

I’ve theorized before this may be the result of a change in synthesis that occurred nearly a decade ago now and the subsequent LTC cases that began cropping up at the same exact time.

Not too long ago this wasn’t an issue in the MDMA community at all and now it’s highly prevalent, either an impurity or possibly environmental.

-GC

Not too long ago this wasn’t an issue in the MDMA community at all and now it’s highly prevalent, either an impurity or possibly environmental.

-GC

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing you brought up. I don't recall any of this sort of thing happening in the scene here "back in the day". At all. And especially not from single ~50mg doses.