• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

2-methylamino-thienylpropanone aka Thiothinone

borega

Bluelighter
Seems this one is a try to find some new baseskeleton to work from. This seems to be the Beta-Keton of MPA.
The Vendor states its 30% as effective as cathion, in which case it is poor if you ask me!
What would you say? Will we now be seeing the methylendioxy version of this thing etc. etc.?

Regards

I've just seen it pop up as well. potency is claimed to be weak. There's virtually zero information about said substance on the net.
This is the first thread I've seen mentioning it. So it's the thienyl analogue of cathinone and a Methamphetamine derivative like MPA

fs75MRg.png

thiophene analogue of methcathinone

I would avoid this. The thiophene analogues of amphetamines are generally inferior to the phenyl compounds.

Oh I don't know.

Methiopropamine has been good in my experience of it, doesn't seem particularly prone to comedowns of a horrific nature (albeit, I have never used more than 1.2g-1.5g AT MOST, over a couple of days. (vaped or via IV) and never had a comedown to speak of.

For simple stimulants, the cathinones don't look too bad on paper, in fact, IMO often they look better than the amphetamines, when it comes to Ki values at SERT/DAT/NET, favouring DA reuptake inhibition/release over NE. Psychedelic (I,e 5HT2a agonist) cathinones other than MDO are problematic of course due to the dimerization issues already known.
But there with the phenethylamine psychedelics a primary amine seems essential, further alkylation at N killing off most of the activity. I'd be rather curious to bioassay primary amine psychedelic cathinone candidates in the form of the pthalimidopropiophenole pro-drugs, N-alkylation does not, of course, present this issue with the simplistic amphetamine type stimlants, like meth/ethcathinone, and I see little reason why changing the heterocycle from phenyl to thienyl should make the compounds any more unstable than they are already. And personally, I far prefer DARIs to release agents.

I don't think a methylenedioxy analogue would even be stable.

Apparently methylenedioxythiophene is a thing (used in polymers). However it's certainly a less accessible synthon than methylenedioxybenzene... thiophenes are not very prevalent in nature.

If it has 30% activity of Cathinone it could be a good all-day stimulant like Camfetamine/Fencamfamine. I hope it isn´t as vasoconstrictive as MPA...

The methylenedioxythiophene moiety exists but is incredibly unstable and undergoes tautomerization readily, the end result being, polymerization(therefore poor industrial and research use, a dead end). There are many thiophene compounds "basically unavailable" because thiophene is more reactive, (the pi electrons in the aromatic system are dispersed).

I will investigate to see the stabilization differences between 4,5 dihydroxythiophene and 2,3 dihydroxythiophene, along with their respective alkyl and halo analogues but i can assure you the end result may not bee applied, there is of course, also the pyrrole analogues which follow the same trends but thiophene is someone who will provide lackluster comparability...

if you want to look at interesting analogues, check out the thiophene brothers of some nonaromatic 5 member cyclopentane rings of shulgins, and sub in thiophene you might bee lucky ;)

On this compound the bioavailabilty is poor as hell, increased electron withdrawing groups on the ring allow for easy protonation of thiophene's S, as well as the rest of the molecule sort out these issues and you may realize that complexing some thiophene analogues in HPBCD makes them potent amphetamine competitors ;) these molecules are ideal to fit inside our friend HBCD:)

If it has 30% activity of Cathinone it could be a good all-day stimulant

Where does this model of "worse is better" come from? Another way to view it is that it will have 3x the peripheral effects (e.g. 5ht2b agonism)... and shit, I don't think I have heard anyone say that drugs like 4-EMC or w/e are "better" than meph!

Lets just hope they don't come out with the thioketone.

Ever smelled one? you do not want to. Trust me.

Hi, I'm new here.

I had a look at this thread. Hope no UK people plan to buy this. FYI, thiothinone is covered by the cathinone blanket ban in UK. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

BTW, I agree with Sekio's explanation. The strength of this should be low. Even lower with an additional benzylic ketone which is reduced by CYP450.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a 1g Sample last week as it was cheap and no camfetamine available so I ordered it along with my usual AB-Fubinaca (I just wrote a whole report on AB-Fubinaca (deleted it as it doesn´t fit here), Thiotinone definitely gives me urge to write :) )
The Substance came as fine white crystals, no smell.

I used doses around 50-150mg, put in coffee. The effects are much smoother than MPA, a bit like a MPA-light with some hint´s of cathinone-like effects. It feels very clean, I mainly have a good body feeling, not really energetic but quite "solid". Mentally I feel awake and focused, better than most of the light cathinones and other stimulants around. The effects don´t last long, 1-3 hours max.
Right now I get a nice tingling and itching on my head and upper body, strangely I never got that from any amphetamine but only from "Space E" happy caps many years ago.
I would say Thiothinone is a quite nice substance, I will have to try it´s qualities as a stimulant for focus in school but until now it´s quite good as an add-on to Kratom, Phenibut and Cannabinoids and also way better than just drinking more coffee. I had no side effects on heart rate, blood pressure, stomach etc.

I tried the thiothinone a few more times and came to the conclusion that it´s ok but way too short lasting and not enough mentally stimulating, too much of a "cathinone-buzz"; never a replacement for Camfetamine/Fencamfamine.
I´m still searching for an alternative as CFA is the only stimulant that agrees with my Kratom, Phenibut and synth. Cannabinoid "supplementation". I´m really hoping something similar or maybe even a even better Fencamfamine-derivative would come out, I´m sure there are many people who would need a good and relatively safe stimulant for such combination purposes as amphetamines or cathinones just have too many physical side effects and are too dangerous for an daily add-on to other stuff.

Where does this model of "worse is better" come from? Another way to view it is that it will have 3x the peripheral effects (e.g. 5ht2b agonism)... and shit, I don't think I have heard anyone say that drugs like 4-EMC or w/e are "better" than meph!

Only responding to the last part, I have read a TR from a BL member Vaya who used 4-EMC intravenously and compared it to 4-MMC and claimed that it was better. But as far as this thiophene compound being 30% of cathinones activity, I don't see any possibility of it being worthwhile at all. And that was one isolated report about 4-EMC so tht doesn't say much tbh. And since this is all theoretical anyway, I would trust your assessment sekio as you are by far more knowledgeable than I.