Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(2 Methyl 2 Butanol) First Time 13ml. Not 20x Ethanol

coffeesergeant

Greenlighter
I received 100ml 2 methyl 2 butanol today and dosed 13ml at 9pm. Yes it smells pungent like petroleum/camphor-menthol. I applied 1 drop to my tongue and it burned like Everclear but with a different taste. I used a 3cc syringe and drew 3cc's 4 times plus 1cc. I added it to 20 ounces iced tea. As others have posted it floated to the top and was not soluable in the water based liquid. I was expecting it to taste horrible but i often drink 80 proof vodka straight and i also juice often "garlic, parsely, red cabbage, ginger, beets, etc so im used to nauseous tastes and though I wouldn't order it in a restaurant it wasnt anything abhorrant and i sipped it. I drank it within 20 minutes and waited anxiously for the effects. I will say my Gaba receptors are severely down regulated and i have insomnia. Im 47, 205 pounds, and have been drinking since 17 and using benzos since 30. 1 month ago i was drinking 18 ounces or 550 ml of vodka per night plus 2 mg of xanax or 60 mg of temazepam. I have been weening myself down for fear of health problems and excess calories. As of last night i was able to sleep fine on 300mg Trazadone, 10mg ambien, and 9mg melatonin. I was still having minor classic benzo / alcohol withdrawls by late afternoon. I am much like an opiate addict when he or she uses opiates in that i dont feel a buzz anymore with Gaba agonists, I just feel well and loss of withdrawl symptoms when i use alcohol or benzos. So 1.5 hours later and 13ml of tert amyl alcohol in my system i feel calm and relaxed but not "drunk" at all. 13ml ?— 20 would equal 260ml of everclear "ethyl alcohol" and i would be much more sedated and mentally impaired than i am on 13ml 2 methyl 2 butanol. Getting drunk was not my purpous however and i do think i could sleep. This just feels better on the body than ethyl alcohol. Also i am not experiencing the horrible burps many complain of. I may dose more later just to see if it has any recreational value but after reading other reports of bliss in the 5 to 8 mg range i was hoping 13ml "adjusted for tolerance to Gaba agonist might be an appropriate dose. When i only drank and first detoxed on benzos 100mg chlordiazapoxide hammered me so cross tolerance isnt always an absolute between drugs" now alcohol and 100mg chlordiazapoxide together would not be a problem. It has cured any withdrawls but is not overwhelming at 13ml at all. However if i can sleep through the night it will not be a let down. Just want to reiterate for a person like myself the 20?— potency of ethanol just doesnt ring true but i can tell this substance is much more easy on the body than ethyl alcohol :)

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_2methyl2butanol
substancecode_3m3p
substancecode_alcohols
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldnt the methyl group in the ether lead to methonal poisoning very easily i got a molar mass of methanol at 32 and butanol at 74 soz it is roughly 30% methanol

Hmm, interesting. I've wondered what this chemical would be like for a while, it'd be nice to have a good alternative to alcohol sometimes. Thanks for the report, I'd definitely be curious to read more if you do try a recreational dose. But in the meantime, good luck with weaning off your tolerance too!

Couldnt the methyl group in the ether lead to methonal poisoning very easily i got a molar mass of methanol at 32 and butanol at 74 soz it is roughly 30% methanol

No it couldn't, because it doesn't contain any methanol or butanol. It's just a completely different alcohol.

My mistake i read it as a abbreviation of butanol methyl ester not tert amyl alcohol never mind.