• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction 2.5G Powder from 1 Bottle Delsym? Did I Mess Up?

TheSacredTree

Bluelighter
Did I do something wrong with that yield? Seems unlikely that it's all pure DXM Polistirex. Had put 5oz Delsym and 15oz tap water in 1 liter bottle, shook, waited for powder to settle, siphoned out the water and orange flavor liquid, and kept the powder from the bottom making sure to save every crystal then repeated three times using liquid.

And if I'm capsuling how much should I put in each pill for a safe dose? I was thinking 1/2 gram per capsule since theoretically that would be 500mg DXM but something seems off here.

I found this
Active Ingredients (in each 5mL)

Dextromethorphan polistirex equivalent to 30 mg dextromethorphan HBr
5 fl oz = 148ml so 150/5=30
30*30mg=Dextromethorphan polistirex equivalent to 900mg dextromethorphan HBr, so yes 2.5g is off

500mg is a strong dosage, so I'd say 100-200mg ax per pill

I'm not familiar with this procedure, but I'm pretty sure polistirex is a much heavier group than bromine, so 5mL of delay would equal 30 mg hydroxide on an axtivity basis--not a mass equivalent basis. that and youre probably getting some inactives

I'm not totally sure what you're meaning slow_mobius. Are you saying my calculations of .5 grams being different from 500mg? I mean, theoretically it WOULD be the same if this was pure DXM but I don't see how I could have possibly ended up with pure DXM of that weight. But not sure what you meant about the chemistry part.

Kleinerkiffer, that's how I was getting my expected yield too so it really threw me off when I got a big vial full of orange crystals. Would you say 1-200 even with my weird weight though or should I adjust accordingly?

Slow Mobis meant that polistirex is heavier than normal dxm hydrobromide, so 2.5g could be alright

be careful i did this shit when i was younger and ended up taking like a rediculous amount and was fucked up for like 20 hours of straight tripping.

Slow Mobis meant that polistirex is heavier than normal dxm hydrobromide, so 2.5g could be alright

Exactly KK

Assuming your yield is 100%, which you should for HR sake, your 2.5g is roughly equivalent to 900mg of DXM HBr--Also assuming 5mL is indeed equivalent to 30 mg of DXM HBr.

Also, head cruel bris advice. Delsym has a time release mechanism, and it might be due to to the fact that it's a different salt than your typical DXM HBr. if you fuck your dose, your in for a long long bad time. As always, start low and work your way up. Dont redose if youre not where you want to be. Redosing time-released meds is a fast track to ODing.

Well, considering I've heard of people drinking the whole bottle at once before, I guess I'll assume 1/10 of a gram is a small dose. One of my friends wants to try it before me though (or should I say already took it) with 2.5mg of Ambien and whatever his dose is of Abilify. He's really experienced with hallucinogens of all sorts but I guess we'll see how it goes for him. Hopefully not dangerously

Even if you fucked up the extraction, there's nothing toxic in it, so you should just assume that your 2.5g equal 900mg of DXM HBr.
Regarding dosage erowid is a great resource https://erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_dose.shtml
And don't forget to do an allergy test as some people have a gene mutation making them slow metabolizers. This will result in even therapeutic dosages making you trip.

Kleinerkiffer, actually, I wonder if I do have that. I was sick with a sinus infection a couple weeks ago so I took slightly less than the dose of DXM containing NyQuil that was recommended on the box and while I didn't trip at all hallucinations wise it had me walking into walls about as much as I do from 3mg Klonopin. And light was all slightly reddish purple tinted.

But my friend ended up sleeping for like 13 hours after trying that .1 gram with ambien and I started thinking it was unpure because of that so I traded it for a couple grams of weed along with some other drugs I had lying around too. I don't trust my chemistry enough to continue that experiment but he wanted it.

its very simple extraction process...

get 1-2 bottles of tyhe delsym. get a 2 liter coke bottle fill with water all the way basically but leave enough out to be able to poor ur delsym in it.... shake it around let the particvles fall to the bottom. poke a hole right abover the particles let the water drain.

Why are you using the polistirex?

edit: nvm I see this extraction is just for the polistirex, I was originally confused when I read the OP(seemed like a bunch of steps were missing lol)

I think you'd be better off just getting store brand liquid gels and taking them, I'm assuming your problem lies with chugging cough syrup. Does this even defeat the time release of the polistirex?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you using the polistirex?

edit: nvm I see this extraction is just for the polistirex, I was originally confused when I read the OP(seemed like a bunch of steps were missing lol)

I think you'd be better off just getting store brand liquid gels and taking them, I'm assuming your problem lies with chugging cough syrup. Does this even defeat the time release of the polistirex?

My main goal was actually to remove carbs/sugars and make a more compact powder to put in capsules instead of carrying a bottle but I don't believe it changes the time release. I also liked the chemistry experiment even though it was just 2 ingredients.

Last edited by a moderator: