• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 2-4 mg Klonopin once a week safe from ever having physical withdrawals?

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
If Every Friday night for years I dosed 2-4 mg klonopin, will I withdraw from them If I randomly stop forever in a physical (dangerous way).

If your not experiencing withdrawal in the days after taking them you should be fine

Ya if you're able to go off it for 3-6 days and feel fine you're good . I was abusing benzos with gabapentin both gabaergic drugs for a year straight but kept it at low doses always never abused above 2 mgs for 2 days in a row and was able to stop 3 days ago with almost nothing happening no withdrawals. But opiates for me are different I get fked from the smallest amount

I'm inclined to say no, you're not copletely safe. As a rule of thumb, it takes about 5 elimination half lives to completely eliminate a drug. Clonzaepam's half life is around 30-40 hours in most people, so you'll probably be redosing just before you completely eliminate the clonazepam.

I actually doubt that you'll experience withdrawal at that frequency, and if you do, it will probably be mild. I don't think you would get much more than rebound anxiety and insomnia if anything. That said, I definitely wouldn't say you're completely safe from it.

But Is there actually any effects on the gaba receptors in terms of active metabolites still around for that Many days for once a week dosers?