View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1st Timer wanting to try LSD/an LSD analogue

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
I'm wanting to try LSD, now I have a few problems.

I can't get LSD, and I have no experience with tryptamine's, other than Salvia which I'm not ever sure is classed as one as it works on a lot of endogenous systems.

I have access to AL-LAD, ETH-LAD and p-LSD.

Now I know p-LSD is most likely an LSD pro-drug and the closest to it that I'll get.
But as a beginner I'm nervous and my 'trip sitter' will be doing their first LSD type 'trip sitting'.

I've read that AL-LAD is apparently an easier ride and not as intense. Is this true?

If so I'm thinking I'll start with that and then move up to the other's.

What do people think?

Any tips?

Would the anti-psychotic/neurologic drug Abilify (That's the brand, not sure of the drug name.) stop the trip if I was having an intense bad one?

Well i actually found the al-lad stronger but that is probably as the blotters are dosed 50ug higher though i have had 150ug 1p-lsd pellets and didnt feel as strong as al-lad at 150ug but that could be just me

@ Gaz

I resisted trying LSD/analogues my entire life. I was offered LSD once in ~1980 and 81 - and then nothin until 2013 when LSZ and AL-LAD started showing up. Yes, I was as nervous as hell. You know, the subtle fears that crawl into the back of our thinking when we're all alone by ourselves.....

What if I never come back?
What happens if I encounter something that fucks me up?
What if I just can't take it?
What happens if I embarrass myself somehow, or cause problems for other people?
What f I 'break' my brain?

You know.....when you think of all the what if's.

I ended up trying a small piece of LSZ for allergy purposes and then slowly increasing the amount until I was taking what people think of as doses (100 ug and above). Did this at home with no one else around. Disconnected the phones, made sure my dogs were taken care of, had light snacks ready and dove in.

Honestly, I found LSZ completely underwhelming, even at 225 ug. Could have been poorly or weakly laid blotter and perhaps it was degraded over long storage. Maybe it just wasn't for Tom. I then tried AL-LAD in sugar cubes, and that was a complete bust.

1P-LSD was next. I tried it at 25 ug, 75 ug, and then slowly started increasing up to 200 ug. All trips taken at home, no bento's. Body load was mild to moderate, but always disappeared when the trip proper started. I had a few moments of discomfort at 200 ug when I thought I was hemmorhaging from my uvula. Go figure.

It's proper to approach these compounds with caution and respect. A trip sitter as you've got is a smart idea. +respect to you for this.

Start small, and remember you don't have to dive in deep the first time; 25-50 ug is a nice place to start. I honestly don't know about the anti-psychotic meds; I just let any fear wash over me and accept whatever happens.

Even if you never need or want any of this; light healthy snacks (strawberries or other small fruit pieces pre cut up, fruit juices, bottled water). And some unhealthy snacks if that floats yer boat. Beer too. In other words, your favourite stuff that always lifts you up; music, movies, etc.

Hope things go goodly for you :)

Tom

Last edited:
I definately found AL-LAD easier going, aesthetic and more straight out fun than 1P-LSD. 1P can be deeper in someways though easier going than LSD. 150ug AL-LAD should be an easy introduction - not sure about creeping up through piddling pointless amounts for a first time (not suggesting huge doses either of course, 1st timer will get relatively more) - low doses are always nice and might put one of reaching an impressive level where some insight, interest and confidence is gained. LSD is totally classic of course and 100ug of 1P isn't a huge dose for most.
Being nervous is ok - just enter the thing in a positive, educated and open minded manner in a good enviroment with an experienced sitter - hopefully with good skills and all should be alright.

People talk about how intense LSD and its relatives can be, but I'd venture to state that in the single dose range (~100ug) of LSD at least (I've never tried the analogues) that it's almost entirely a recreational trip, with the occasional profound insight.

I wouldn't be too frightened!

Best of luck mate, and remember, it's just a drug! You're not losing your mind!

Last edited:
150ug of al lad was very underwhelming for me at least.
300+ is where it starts to get fun with al lad.
1p is Wierd I find it night and day between LSD.
Ald-52 on the otherhand I can't find any differences.
Eth lad is very easy going in all my experiences with it at 150 to 300ugs. Synthenesia is a promenant feature of eth lad experiences which are amazing yet could be to much for a novice?
I have never had a psychedelic overwhelm me to a point I needed assistance. I have not had dmt yet as I believe that and really high lsd doses are the only way I could lose my ego I guess. ...

I just combo'd 150ug al-lad with a large hit of L and it was amazing? The lad really made the visuals brighter and shiny looking, it lasted a full 12 hours though. I was watching a tool show on this combo?

The ETH-LAD is really nice, I would advise you though, to cut off a strip of blotter (if thats what form its in) and use it for an allergy test. Just wait a few hours and take the rest of it. I would also advise to get some fruit before tripping I love pomegranites...If you have access to any benzo or sedative type drug that would definitely diminish the compounds effect or at least calm you back to bliss.

Don't think it really matters which one you take as much as how you build up your dosages over a number of tries. Unlike some other psychedelics which can mindfuck me at lower doses, I stay pretty clearheaded with lysergamides, until doses get really serious.

For beginners it's wise to be apprehensive about finding that dose-response curve, a lot of experience with titrating psychedelics usually helps but even that does not make a person immune to unexpectedly strong effects.

Either way, yes AL-LAD was a bit more subtle for me. it couldn't hurt to start with it (not saying you should per se), as long as low doses or a gentler effect give you a false sense of security and hubris to dive into the deep end too fast.