• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

1st timer on Citalophram

Somebody23

Greenlighter
Hey guys, new to the forum and anti-depressants in general. I was googling citalophram and came across a thread here from a couple years ago about feeling high from citalophram. There was a post on there that discouraged bumping old threads so I figured I would post here. My back story is I've battled depression off and on my entire life, the last few months have been especially hard and I decided to seek out some help a couple days ago. I had a dr perscribe me 20mg of citalophram and I'm having some unusual side effects, or at least what I think are unusual. I dont really have anyone I can talk to about this so figured I would reach out to others who might have been in a similar situation...

I took it yesterday for the first time, the first couple hours I didnt really notice anything and then all of a sudden I felt a high similar to E, I had trouble concentrating, was basically just zoning out sitting on the couch getting lost in a blank stare with similar warm mellow waves pulsing through my body. As time went on the high feeling started to pass and I had more of a zombie feel where I didn't feel good or bad or many thoughts at all, that eventually passed and I started to have a normal mood and energy level. I started tidying up, went to the store and cooked a decent meal for myself, its the first time I've been motivated to do something like that for a while so I was feeling pretty good about it.

Today I had to take a safety course and I didn't want to "get high" again and be unable to focus in class so I didn't take my pill until I got home around 4:30pm, Its now 9pm and once again the last hour or so I've felt high, zoned out and having trouble focusing while have warm mellow waves passing over my body (really similar to how i feel on mdma or e), at some points its almost overwhelming.

I really want to give these pills a chance as I did feel normal after 6 hours or so of taking it but I really dont think I can focus in society like this lol. I'm off work at the moment so I have the ability to just veg out at home if itll get easier but, id rather not sit around getting high all day if thats the case. Is 20mg too high of a dose? From what I've been reading its a fairly mellow starter dose and I dont quite understand why its hitting me so hard. I dont really do drugs anymore but the last few times I've done them in the last few years I've had a very low tolerance, I'll like black out and forget an entire night from like 1 or 2 pills of mdma or e. I'm wondering if maybe I'm just an overweight "lightweight" lol. I'm 5'11" 220lbs if body mass has anything to do with dose size.

Anyways would appreciate some advice from you guys. Should I try cutting the pills in half or just power through it? I dont have a family dr and got them from a walk in clinic so finding the same dr to talk about it might be a little hard.

Citalophram has a half like of 35 hours that means your levels over the day almost dont change. Since, you seem you seem to get effects a few hours after the pill its likely placebo or falsely attributing things like dehydration or not eating enough. If you truely where getting high from it based on how it lasts over a day in your blood you should be high indefinitely all day.

Interesting. For it to be a placebo effect wouldn't I have to have some kind of preconceived notion of how it was going to effect me? Like I wasn't expecting to get high from it and it kind of hit me out of nowhere. I literally had no idea what to expect when taking it, I just thought it would affect my mood and that I probably wouldn't even notice anything for 3-6 weeks.

I had also ate plenty and drank water so I doubt it was related to dehydration or being hungry.

Although rare ive found a couple of examples online of people feeling similar effects. I also found them after feeling them so it wouldn't add to any preconceived notions of how I should expect to feel...

Even if you didnt expect anything to happen just being aware your taking a chemical is all it takes plus your brain has been conditionednby thousands of ads on antidepressants https://www.google.com/search?q=pla...side+effects+citaprolam&imgrc=SG-jovG-Iws4eM: check this out 3% of people had a placebo effect of vomiting! Logically it would seem absurd one could have something like vomiting entirely from placebo but it happened

What you truely didnt know was the halflife is 25 hours so if you said i felt high for days after one pill that would provide stronger evidence it is caused by the drug because without any knowledge it should be in you for dys you still had side effects for days

What you truely didnt know was the halflife is 25 hours so if you said i felt high for days after one pill that would provide stronger evidence it is caused by the drug because without any knowledge it should be in you for dys you still had side effects for days

I don't think that assumption is necessarily true. I'm just speculating here, but I think it's plausible that Somebody23 may have experienced some side-effects from the citalopram when it "kicked in", but their body may have adjusted over the first few hours of these effects (e.g. through acute changes in serotonin transmitter or receptor expression) so that even though a substantial proportion of the initial dose remained active, these side-effects were "cancelled out" by other changes. Also I wouldn't rule out the possibility that such side-effects could diminish or disappear once stable levels of citalopram have built up from daily dosing, and chronic tolerance to the side-effects has developed. I guess Somebody23 will find out if they stick with that medication!

That is possible really what makes me skeptical though is it feeling like mdma. Maybe it wasnt real mdma or a very dose dose. But, when i think of this feels like mdma i picture my friend a real tough guy (like i aint no pussy i dont have feelings i fight i lift i f*** lol) sweating, talking like a teenage girl about how he feels, rubbing his body, listening to music, and flush like a animal in heat. But if all it did was make it harder to concentrate and feel warm that could be from your body getting used to it but if it truely feels like molly when you take it for the first six hours id call my doctor asap lll cuz thats deff not normal

That is possible really what makes me skeptical though is it feeling like mdma. Maybe it wasnt real mdma or a very dose dose. But, when i think of this feels like mdma i picture my friend a real tough guy (like i aint no pussy i dont have feelings i fight i lift i f*** lol) sweating, talking like a teenage girl about how he feels, rubbing his body, listening to music, and flush like a animal in heat. But if all it did was make it harder to concentrate and feel warm that could be from your body getting used to it but if it truely feels like molly when you take it for the first six hours id call my doctor asap lll cuz thats deff not normal

Well, I guess it depends which aspects of an MDMA experience one is sensitive to and attends to and interprets as being part of the "high". I agree that it would be surprising if citalopram produced effects that "truly feel like molly" (i.e. were identical in all important ways), but given that both citalopram and MDMA acutely increase synaptic serotonin levels (citalopram probably not as dramatically as MDMA, I'm guessing) it's possible they'd have some (side)effects in common (depending also on the biological characteristics of the user), and if those happen to be among the effects that user had previously identified as being characteristic of their MDMA experience, I could see how they might identify it as being "similar to E", to use Somebody23's words.

Ahh I missed the word similar I thought they took one pill and started rolling.

Interesting. This isn't a common reaction to antidepressants. It typicallys takes at least a few days for noticeable effects to come into play and at that early stage, they're typically hard to distinguish from placebo. It's more common for people to experience mild symptoms of malaise, anxiety etc. as they induct on SSRI's. This is a new one to me.

Is it possible they where on another medication? Antidepressant sometimes increase the amount in your blood by inhibiting enymes. Also if they have anxiety like me I tend to be super focused on anything that happens I feel slightly warmer slightly confused on two benadyrl its not strong enough u cant forget about like ive taken so much stimulants where I turn bright red and feel so hot I cant even focus on anything else or taken depressants where im so confused im putting the milk in the soup cabnet and cant do simple addition. But its deff noticable. But wait I am not sure if thats a net or ssri

I'm not on any other medication and I've been taking them every day. I very well may have been a placebo effect as the 3rd day (first day after posting this) I didn't really feel those effects. There were moments where it felt like it was coming on but it always subsided when I would focus and just tell myself its just the placebo effect. Today is the first day taking it where I havn't really felt anything weird. Side effects now are more typical: trouble having orgasms, slight anxiety and clenching my jaw. In general my mood has improved, I'm not really having any negative thoughts or feeling miserable anymore. Might again be a placebo effect as I've felt this way since the first pill but I'm feeling pretty good about it and I'm going to continue taking the pills as prescribed.

Trouble with orgasm slight anxiety clenching jaw are more in line with what would be predicted. I had trouble orgasming too and slight anxiety is expected as it first stimulates 5 ht 2a and c which cayse mild anxiety then down regulate them providing antianxiety effects. As well as increased bimding to 5 ht1 receptors causes slight anxiety not
Iike twenty red bulls anxiety but a slight measurable imcrease in anxiety like behaviors in rats. Your orgasms should come back mine did