• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 1st time use of methamphetamine this weekend. Seeking advice.

Ezwhey

Greenlighter
Used meth for the first time Friday. Now I need help

Came across this site last evening while searching to answer a few questions and have spent a lot of time reviewing previous posts and articles to help me figure out what to do. Its unfortunate I didn’t think to do any research before hand because its become very clear from other peoples post that I’ve done just about everything I could do wrong and am now left scrambling for answers after the fact.

Here’s the situation I am in: I had my first experience with Meth this weekend. I bought it on a whim on Friday evening after a long night of drinking, used way too much, over way too long a period of time, haven’t slept all weekend (except maybe a few hours last night) and this morning I finished the last two bumps from the bag and my thoughts are immediately on how I get more to make it through tomorrow. I have used stimiulants in many capacities over several years, and while I was aware that meth has more associated risks than other stimulants, I thought being able to “responsibly” use other stimulants meant I knew what to expect. I was wrong and now I need advice/guidance on what to do next.

The inability to sleep has lingered way longer than I anticipated and I have given little thought to food or water since this binder began. When it does come time for me to “crash” it sounds like im in for a rather miserable few days and need to plan to basically be out of commission for a few days so I can recover and not let things continue to spiral. After a three day binge I am trying to figure out how to handle this period of time and bounce back without continuing to be so uninformed.

I came here looking to answer a few questions about how to safety handle what’s coming next. I’m probably not in the best state of mind to know what is a good idea and what is me rationalizing ways to stay high so I’m hoping for any help or assistance anyone can provide on the questions below or the scenario I find myself in.

I’m wondering if Adderall could be used to bridge the gap between comedown and recovery to stay productive and functioning. This is obviously not an ideal scenario, but my thought is it’s the best of several bad options and will allow me to not sacrifice work and plan to use the weekend to focus on recovering mentally and physical. Is this a viable option or do the risks outweight the reward in this scenario? Is it realistic for me to think I’ll be able to perform my 9-5 job in the days after it begins leaving my system? Should I just make something up to take a few days off work?

This site has been very helpful in opening my eyes to the potential dangers of my behaviors and current thoughts. I wish I would have found this forum sooner, but whats done is done and now Im just seeking advice on how to limit the fallout.

Thanks,

AC

Last edited:
You're definitely not gonna feel great after a 3 day binge but have a healthy meal and take some vitamins after a nights rest you will be perfectly fine to goto work. Hell I got a buddy who uses almost day and still works an 8 hour shift. Tho he sleeps away his days off. Strange lifestyle but it's what he likes.

No, not Adderall. That's just a weak version of what's kept you spun this entire time and got you in this situation. I'd recommend taking a tranquilizer, preferably a long-acting benzodiazepine like Klonopin. It'll take the edge off the crash but there will still be enough residual stimulation left over from the meth that you won't pass out at work. That would be the ideal pharmacological solution for the short-term, anyway. As far as the long term, yeah, eat food, get sleep, find Jesus etc.

Adderall is like tic-tacs compared to meth. While a total of around 30mg of Adderall is a relatively normal dose, I get the feeling that you've used at least a gram of meth to stay up that long.

Even if you just used half a gram, and let's suppose it was only 50% pure (which in general meth is more like 80-90% pure these days), you've used 250mg of meth.

Meth is about twice as potent as amphetamine, so that's the equivalent of 500mg d-amphetamine. So you would literally need to take more than 16 pills of the highest mg-per-pill adderall tablets to approximate this hypothetical dose of meth you've ingested. But I guess you're not trying to get high at this point, just stay level.

Stimulants really are nothing to mess around with. They really take a lot out of people, even at therapeutic doses (which can literally be twenty times smaller than the amount you ingested). Sooner or later, you're going to have to come down. So even assuming that you have a large amount of adderall, it will only delay the inevitable.

You're right: what is done is done. If you really want to help your future self, I'd suggest writing down how crappy you feel on this comedown so you don't do it again.

This is how people get addicted. If your going to play with fire, and that is what you're doing taking meth. I have too. But I know never to use it the next day too, and generally as a rule of thumb not weekly either. It is almost too good, so because of this treat it with more repect man. I usually say 250mg per 24hours is loads.

My friends who have used crystal meth said how they would take a low dose of a benzo, and force themselves to eat, and take hot showers if they could not sleep, and they did not use more meth.

Meth scares me so I will never use it. It sounds as though you are addicted to it which can happen the first time someone uses it. Good luck, and stay safe.

Get some benzos in you, will make the world.of difference and will allow you to sleep. Eat well, detox, make up an excuse not to go to work for the next few days. Then stay in school and don't do any more drugs.

I may be late. But a decent oral dose is a great introduction into methamphetamine. I've tried every ROA and am very experienced. Also depends on the location, if you plan on fiending the pipe all night might just want to go to a trustworthy location. Although i strongly recommend a night out on a moderate-high oral dose where you'll be flying 10 hrs+ straight having the time of your life. Best of luck. Personally i mostly shoot, but if i'm going out for the night, oral admin is the best way to go about it, with maybe a few boosters to keep ya going. Drink plenty of water/powerade and pick up as many girls as possible. :)

I may be late. But a decent oral dose is a great introduction into methamphetamine. I've tried every ROA and am very experienced. Also depends on the location, if you plan on fiending the pipe all night might just want to go to a trustworthy location. Although i strongly recommend a night out on a moderate-high oral dose where you'll be flying 10 hrs+ straight having the time of your life. Best of luck. Personally i mostly shoot, but if i'm going out for the night, oral admin is the best way to go about it, with maybe a few boosters to keep ya going. Drink plenty of water/powerade and pick up as many girls as possible. :)

Did you even read the thread?