Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

1st time MDMA use, felt nothing but got a nosebleed

azf

Greenlighter
Before you reply, it was not snorted.

Background Info
It was purple MDMA crystals and I have tested it with reagents, and it was consistent with MDMA, though it has not been lab tested.

I gave 100mg to my brother, and he loved it. He called me and was telling me how much he was loving it, and me.

I took some as well, 150mg, 75mg redose. I have taken MDMA from various sources, 1 of which was lab tested, and have never felt much. I've taken MDMA 5-10 times total and the most I experience is 30 minutes of eye wobbling and 30 minutes of increased hornyness. I've never felt more than this. I had been on Vyvanse for 10 years, but haven't taken any in over a year, but I have been taking 50mg meth semi-daily, which I also don't feel. I just take it hoping today I will (Cyclazodone however, works great, but hard/impossible to find currently).

Actual Issue
It was my wife who took it, ingested an 85mg capsule I made for her myself. This was her 1st time trying it, and she felt nothing.

She takes exactly 0 other medications, except for the occasional ibuprofen. It was likely real MDMA (see background info above).

For comparison, she recently took 250mg Benzedrex and felt what I imagine MDMA should feel like. Benzedrex gave her skin tingles and made her massively horny.
But with MDMA, nothing.

Maybe 85mg was to low of a dose for her (late 20's, 130 lbs).

But the really problematic bit: her nose suddenly started pouring out blood.
I went to go pee real quick, and when I walk back into our room, I find her on her knees (no, not like that!) with tissues help up to her nose.
Again, ingested not snorted. She doesn't and hasn't snorted anything.
She was laughing a little, trying to hide her worry. My 1st thought was to help her stay calm, and reassure her that it was probably a blood pressure issue.
I tried researching but didn't really find anything. It was hard, because everything I was able to find was complaining of a nose bleed after snorting.

She does normally have low bp, typical is somewhere around 113/74, but has been as low as 98/48.
She checked her blood pressure once her nose stopped bleeding, ~1 hour after ingestion, it was 130/90.
So high for her especially, but it has been that high before and she didn't get a nosebleed.

Edit: I think she said she did experience some eye wobbling.

Thoughts?
It would be nice if either of us, though preferably both of us, got to find out what the magic feels like, but that's a separate problem for a different day.
I would just like to know, is it common to experience a nosebleed solely from MDMA ingestion?
Has anyone here had this happen? If so, is it related to blood pressure or something else?

Any info will be appreciated.

MDMA can cause really severe confusion in people like your wife because she is not used to experiencing empathogens. A first time on any drug can be disorienting and its always hard to understand that kind of experience without knowing what to expect. The nosebleed indicates the drug had an effect on her blood pressure, as you found, but it also shows some problems in brain activity. If she can't really feel anything with MDMA, it may be because her body is trying to reject it like a poison. Her body doesn't "know" what this new substance is so it just sends it to the intestines as fast as possible to be excreted like bad food.

Your drug history seems to show that stimulants have gone "sour" for you and you might need a break from them for a while before you can feel much of anything again. As odd as it may sound, your lack of effects can affect her receptivity to MDMA. Since you are married, you kind of share one biological "body" and your emotions might make her feel badly about the effects of it even though she wouldn't know what MDMA would feel like for her. Since you have taken a higher dose in the recent past your expectation of the drug's effects does not match up with what these effects really would be given tolerance buildup and, more importantly, any personal problems that might be lurking in the background.

Keep up with your emotional health and MDMA might feel the way you want it to again.

MDMA can cause really severe confusion in people like your wife because she is not used to experiencing empathogens. A first time on any drug can be disorienting and its always hard to understand that kind of experience without knowing what to expect. The nosebleed indicates the drug had an effect on her blood pressure, as you found, but it also shows some problems in brain activity. If she can't really feel anything with MDMA, it may be because her body is trying to reject it like a poison. Her body doesn't "know" what this new substance is so it just sends it to the intestines as fast as possible to be excreted like bad food.

Your drug history seems to show that stimulants have gone "sour" for you and you might need a break from them for a while before you can feel much of anything again. As odd as it may sound, your lack of effects can affect her receptivity to MDMA. Since you are married, you kind of share one biological "body" and your emotions might make her feel badly about the effects of it even though she wouldn't know what MDMA would feel like for her. Since you have taken a higher dose in the recent past your expectation of the drug's effects does not match up with what these effects really would be given tolerance buildup and, more importantly, any personal problems that might be lurking in the background.

Keep up with your emotional health and MDMA might feel the way you want it to again.
All this is fire…

And also isn’t mdma dosed higher than that for therapeutic effect? Idk but here is a paper that talks about things that can effect experiencing mdma and optimal dosing maybe this will help?

My first few times, I totally killed my own roll because my anxiety. I found out later on to dose and then immediately try to down play or forget I took it during the come up. You can totally psych yourself out especially on threshold doses.

Environment, brain chemistry, mood, mental illness, can all be contributing factors.