• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

1st Day Subutex Withdrawal

Muddbuttkush

Greenlighter
I?m 31 years old, male. I was a herion junkie for 10+ years. After my best friend wore a wire on me and I served a 3 year prison sentence I relapsed briefly and moved from where I?m from to the other side of the country. I met someone who for some reason gave me a 2nd chance. I was only maybe a month into relapse and decided to take subutex. I went to a clinic daily and was taking 16 mg of subutex for 1 year. I tapered down to 4 mg over a span of about 10 days. I just quit my job and have decided to use this next week to get the withdrawals over with. When I wake up it?ll be 24 hours since my last dose. I know it?ll take about 72 hours to really feel the withdrawals. I have to take a trip to Denver in 10 days. I?ll be there for 2 days and then back home. I?m hoping the withdrawals aren?t so bad that I can?t work in two weeks also. I?ve been through the withdrawals for every opiate imaginable. I have withdrawal cold turkey in county jail after shooting 8 mg of suboxone a day for a year. I?ve done the same with heroin, methadone, etc. I was always around people who understood and were callused to this junkie lifestyle. Now my new family has no idea what this will be like. They know the truth about everything but have never seen someone go through this. This scares me so much. It all scares. I?ll be home alone for the majority of this week. Just hoping to learn from some others experience and have some support from people who understand. This is gonna be so hard but must be done. Any advice, small talk, bad jokes, or inspiriation will be greatly appreciated!

I've never come off of subs, so can't really help much there. I've come off of methadone and that sucks. It was 28 days of hell. I don't know how similar sub withdrawal is, but I know it's drawn out. And I know 4mg is a lot.

Hopefully someone can give you some more help. I just wanted to say good job, deciding to do this is a huge step, and having people around to support you is so crucial. What saved me with methadone withdrawal was melatonin. I didn't want to use benzos, just wanted it over. I didn't find out about it until 8 days in, and that was 8 days of absolutely no sleep, it was he'll. But I did it and so can you. Good luck and keep posting.

Thanks a lot man. Methadone was rough for me to get off of too. 2 weeks of hell, but I was almost 10 years younger. Seems like I just woke up one day and felt better too. It was almost as if I was sick one day and not the next after 2 weeks of withdrawals.

Suboxone withdrawal can take a very long time to start. I remember thinking on day 6, "I've got this beat" and then it all hit me that afternoon and I had to leave work. It'll be tough but it should be easier than your methadone withdrawals. Good luck.

Yeah its been close 80 hours. Still havent had a good bowel movement or diarrhea. I figured its gonna hit hard later tomorrow. Got me some Cannabis to ease some of the withdrawals, a multivitamin, and some bengay. Besides hot showers Im not going to use anything else, well medication wise. Gonna try to light and bland, and sleep while I can. Thanks guys.

Oh yeah, the chronic is def helping with the beginning, mild withdrawals. Not sure how it will effect me later on. Ive never really use Cannabis when withdrawaling. Any one have any experiences using Cannabis when the withdrawals are at their worse? And Ive looked into Kratom but fear that will only delay my withdrawals. Im just interested in relief, not something that will give me relief and delay the withdrawals. If that were the case Id just drive the half mile to the clinic. Gotta get off this crap. Thanks for youre support

Day 5, RELAPSED! Took 2 mgs of subutex. Couldn?t take the stomach pain. Vommiting for hours on end. 20+ times this morning. I just fucked myself and know I started the withdrawals over again.

Hey, tomorrow is a new day! 4mg is such a high dose to jump from. Is there anyway you could taper some more? Or maybe try kratom to get you through your withdrawals? That's what I'm doing this time around and it's an amazing tool. People generally taper down to .25 or less before they jump.

Don't let this get you down, a slip up is just part of the process.