• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1st day on Mianserin - I feel amazing!!

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
30 mg, the starter dose.
I'm also on desipramine so, I'm not starting from zero but woah - compared to how I've been on mirtazapine.

I've clearly identified that noradrenaline in the implicated neurotransmitter for myself - serotonin does less than squat.
So from that point of view I have been endeavoring to potentiate the noradrenergic effect.

I had a poor response to a high dose of desipramine, lethargy etc.
So the starter dose has been okay.

So using the alternative mechanism of noradrenergic enhancement via alpha 2 adrenergic blockade, with alpha 1 to inhibit increased serotonergic release.

Awesome.

I studied for an hour this morning, then went to the gym.
Normally, that's enough to leave me wiped for the rest of the day.

I took a quick nap, caught a movie - then, much to my surprise, I found I had energy to get off the bed.
So I studied for another hour and half, made dinner, and cleaned the kitchen of my pig-sty student accommodation, which I'm currently forced to live in due to finances.

And now here I sit, tapping away on my keyboard - full of vim.

This is the first day.
I took a dose last night.

If this is a sign of things to come....

Could this spell the end of the 10 year nightmare of social reclusion, junkie'esque presentation and living conditions, unemployment, broken relationships - and all the things that accompany chronic fatigue heavy depression?

I don't want to count my chickens but - the noradrenergic strategy has definitely reaped the hypothetical rewards thus far.
Let's hope it continues to.

Sounds wonderful, hopefully it persists... apparently you don't need to build up a blood concentration but your blood levels should level out before you can say more about establishing a new baseline.

Certainly good news to be reservedly optimistic! For me it was ADD, the second thing discovered only after about 3 decades....

I had a good last three days, pushed pretty hard, and today - I crashed.
Just an energy crash.
That being said, the previous three days were very good, especially considering I just started the drug.

I was two days on 30 mg of Mianserin, and the last 4 days on 60 mg.

I know this topic has been covered ad nauseam for various anti-depressants but - in terms of full efficacy of the drug to take hold - for Mianserin specifically....

Upon covering some texts, it does appear it's obviously more than simply post synaptic recepter and neurotransmitter convergence, but the activation of second, third, fourth etc messengers, modification of transcription factors and ultimately gene expression - the biological implications the drug can incite.

All that being said, some AD's take longer to take effect that others.

Desipramine took freaking forever to work fully, though it did demonstrate somewhat of an impact even on the first or second day.

Again, speaking about Mianserin specifically - I have read anecdotally that, it can begin to work faster than remeron - which is a pretty fast acting AD in itself.

And, being on 60 mg - the max licensed dose is 90 mg.
That being said, I have read it being dosed significantly higher....?

I'm weighing my options and, without getting ahead of myself, considering the replacement of desipramine (lofepramine) with reboxetine - due to its more activating nature, and the fact I can tolerate only the lowest dose of the former.
But I don't want to do anything premature.