View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1p lsd

markosheehan

Bluelighter
Is 1p LSD as safe as regular LSD. I can only get my hands on it and I want to try it but only if it's as safe as normal LSD. I heard that if you leave it in serum that they can detect LSD.

It should be just as safe, as it gets converted into LSD in the body. I mean it's quite new, so no one can say for 100% sure I suppose. 1A-LSD, or ALD-52, was first synthesized long ago and seems equally as safe as LSD, and it behaves basically the same, it's converted into LSD in the body.

Generally when you add a propionyl group to a medicine is it safe does anyone know. ? If it's supposed to be similar to LSD why am i hearing it's only 50% as potent

Similar in effects but not in potency. Yes, Solipsis is correct in saying it gets converted to LSD in the body, but something like only 30% is converted into LSD, not all of it. This is probably a reason for the potency difference

There was a study on 1P-LSD that found it to be 38% as potent as LSD in mice. The paper also states that 1P-LSD is converted to LSD in humans, but it doesn't say how much of it or how quickly. I think most or all of it is converted to LSD in humans because LSD and 1P-LSD are similar in potency for most people. It varies from person to person though. There is a minority of people who need a much higher dose of 1P-LSD.

I haven't seen any information about the toxicity of 1P-LSD, but there have been experiments on the effects of ALD-52 on rabbits, and it was found to have a much higher lethal dose and less of an effect on body temperature.

If not all of it is converted is 1p active by itself. And why was the LD 50 of ald 52 higher

If not all of it is converted is 1p active by itself. And why was the LD 50 of ald 52 higher

David E. Nichols (who is basically *the* expert on the pharmacology of psychedelics) stated that as long as the propionyl group is attached, it should prevent 1p-LSD from interacting with the receptor.

Also, keep in mind that there are some pretty significant differences in psychedelic potency between species (ex.: AL-LAD being stronger than LSD in mice, but weaker in humans).

In general, most human users will agree that 100 µg of 1P-LSD = approx. 100 µg of ALD-52 = approx. 100 µg of LSD-25.
Lastly, street LSD blotters are often severely underdosed, so 200 µg of 1p might actually be *stronger* than 200 µg of street Acid.

Generally when you add a propionyl group to a medicine is it safe does anyone know?

Did you ever try swiss cheese? If you did, and you aren't dead yet - there's your answer.
(swiss cheese is made using propionic acid-producing bacteria)

Last edited: