• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

16, Quite Curious about Psychedelics

I feel like Psychedelics are actually best for older people. specifically old people; i think it's good for reinvigorating their energy and it's good for reflecting on life. but i will say this; i used LSA when i was 16 and i had some problems with some kind of serious trauma/stress related anxiety disorder. i think it was PTSD but was never diagnosed. as i used LSA it seemed to help the anxiety, stress, and constant unbreaking fear/timidness that overwhelmed me on a day to day basis. LSA helped me get to a place where i could live like a normal person again; where i could be happy again, where i could love again, where i could open myself up for once in a long time and show people the real me.

in this context; i think it's perfectly acceptable to use a psychedelic substance with the intention of healing. however... with this type of therapy i strongly feel guidance and group therapy and integration are the very important things you need as an influence. it will make it so that you can understand what you went through easier; and it's especially important to have this type of supportive program if you are young. when you are young you experience and learn things at a more sensitive and critical rate than adults. this makes it so that you are more susceptible to drug experimentation, addiction, depression, and poor decisions. however this also means you have the potential for anything; at this moment in your life you can learn alot of lessons in life and that makes it so that the psychedelic experience can either be extremely posative or possibly harmful psychologically (you may not be able to handle a real difficult experience/crisis situation.)

Oh yea forgot that bit... Your parents will somehow at some point find out, which will inevitably cause tons of grief, pain, and hardship for the whole of the family. My dad and I still haven't recovered from it in that he has no sense of trust in me, even though I've been "on the right path" for a while now.

If you want to be rid of your 'ego,' then all that you need to do is stop and think about your behaviour. relying on a substance to do anything good for you is like relying on a cop not to arrest you for having pot. Lol I used to think I could just take acid and watch all my problems melt away. that's not how it is, in regards to psychoactive substance. see, when I feel im having a good night, and im surrounded my friends, on rare occasion -an annual celebration, of sort- we' will all get high on real MDMA. real MDMA means MDMA that heavily smells like sassafrass. you know, the stuff that's in black licorice. it's the good stuff and it has an afterglowing that creates such a beauty you can catch sunrise and pass out on. this happens because it's used in such a moderation as a once-annually. A spiritual celebration between friends. I make EDM and I'm extremely good at it; that's why we do it. I guess it's a pick your poison type of thing, but using drugs for anything but enjoyment is self medication and I disagree with it, just as I would being described antidepressants, zopoclones, etc. to take every night. it'll do nothing but harm to you, in the long run, because most people don't have the self-control necessary to only get high annually as a celebration, but then again if you really were looking for a spiritual activity, an activity like this, if successful has potential for some good, I'd imagine. Personally I go nowhere near any type of RC chemical, and especially not acid, any longer. I wouldn't advise you, either. for what I know however, I know nothing.

Ehh I do tend to agree with the idea that you are too young. I started smoking weed at 16 and am very glad I ddint start sooner. Just so you are aware when I was 16 I got my first job, car and girlfriend. Sure we tried to find mushrooms from 16-18 but my group didnt find them until I was 18 which was also good because at 18 you are an adult. It doesnt sound like a big deal but being an adult at least makes you responsible for you actions in society's eyes which is a good thing. It took me forever to find acid and I had to go to a concert and find it, no one else would. It took me extracting dmt to try that.

My point being all things come with time you should enjoy the time you have as well as your inexperience as it is that which makes your age so magical. I would love to go back to those times. Just try your hardest not to mess your life up. Eventually if you keep your mind on it you will get to try all those things you want but there is no sense in rushing, that will only ruin it.

I can clearly see that everyone, with its own perspective and different feedbacks, is trying to send you a pretty simple yet same mature message.

And you will probably not agree as you are still a teenager and maybe can't understand the seriousness of this well supported opinions.

And that's ironic because you stand up for something that should make you opened minded.

So there seems to be no point in trying to enlighten you with our experiences. You'll simply have to learn through your own mistakes..IMO

Last edited:
I can clearly see that everyone, with its own perspective and different feedbacks, is trying to send you a pretty simple yet same mature message.

And you will probably not agree as you are still a teenager and maybe can't understand the seriousness of this well supported opinions.

And that's ironic because you stand up for something that should make you opened minded.

So there seems to be no point in trying to enlighten you with our experiences. You'll simply have to learn through your own mistakes..IMO

In actuality, I am extremely happy with everyone's reply and I agree with 99% of them and, to all of you, thank you so much! Because of you all, I have decided to wait until I get out of my parents house. I may even wait until after I get my dream job, which...well, now that I think about it would probably be too long of a wait lol ( Astrophysicist !) So no, I am not doing what you think most teenagers would do. I like to see myself as not like most teenagers, so I try and keep it that way. I am making the adult decision to wait; Thanks for all the input guys! Peace.

I started using psychedelics at age 15 and it couldn't have been a better decision, it helped me a lot with severe depression, anxiety, and also with finding who I truly am as a person and what life seems to be all about. Totally dissolved my ego and changed be as a person, for the better. I had a problem with wanting to die, and haven't attempted suicide since I started taking psychedelics. Of course I've got to say ymmv, though. If you can get your hands on it, mescaline is a better first time psych imo, but be careful as lots of fake mescaline goes around (you might be better off finding a plant-based source) and by the way, smoking weed has no proven effects on a developing brain.

I'm Nineteen now, however my first encounter with a psychedelic, LSD happened when I was 15 years old. It's really a similar story, I was caught smoking cannabis, several times, my parents sent me to drug therapy because they thought I was using drugs to escape reality, but in reality it was my way at digging into myself, i didn't realize that until later on. I knew that I had to stop smoking, but preciously a half year before I started getting caught frequently I heard about psychedelics, and I then knew it was time. I personally would stay clear from Research Chemicals, I know that the majority of them are relatively safe, however for introducing yourself to psychedelic substances, I would start off with the classics. LSD, Mushrooms, Mescaline if you can get your hands on it. I personally feel more comfortable doing those because they have been used in our society since the 50's ( first scientifically, then recreationally) for lsd, mushrooms have been used since indigenous times, there are some ethnobotonists who believe the eating of psilocybin mushrooms, is the evolutionary factor in which human consciousness was born from. I think you should trust your instincts, mushrooms, lsd and then DMT sounds good to me, just do each one several times for a year or so. As long as you're careful and respectful at the pure power that lies in these plants, and substances, you'll be fine. Lsd saved my life, it made me realize that I was not the problem the world, but that the world was the problem, in otherwords, my empathy, and sensitivity, wasn't wrong, it was only wrong in the context of the world, the society we live in. If you want to help yourself, this is the way to go, just be educated and be mindful.

In actuality, I am extremely happy with everyone's reply and I agree with 99% of them and, to all of you, thank you so much! Because of you all, I have decided to wait until I get out of my parents house. I may even wait until after I get my dream job, which...well, now that I think about it would probably be too long of a wait lol ( Astrophysicist !) So no, I am not doing what you think most teenagers would do. I like to see myself as not like most teenagers, so I try and keep it that way. I am making the adult decision to wait; Thanks for all the input guys! Peace.

No!!! You can't wait until later, this is when you need it the most. In the future you'll be too deep in the thick of it to do it, don't listen to the fear of what may or may be, as a result of this? What do you have to lose? You only have everything to gain by trying it once.

No!!! You can't wait until later, this is when you need it the most. In the future you'll be too deep in the thick of it to do it, don't listen to the fear of what may or may be, as a result of this? What do you have to lose? You only have everything to gain by trying it once.

Look friend, it's good to hear that you've had positive experiences with psychedelics (so have I) and you surely have good intentions, but it is extremely irresponsible to urge him to use substances that potentially could have negative effects on his life. There are alway risks associated with mind-altering substances and doing something like this, especially when he is not 100% sure about it, could lead to a very bad experience and bad decisions that could affect him for the rest of his life. This is especially poor advice when considering that he wanted to wait for great reasons (respecting his parents, education etc.)

In my opionion, what determines the quality of a psychedelic trip is whether or not the tripper feels ready and wants to have the experience 100%. If he has doubts but gets pressured into it with arguments like "what do you have to lose?"(!?) he is very likely to have a really bad experience.

I agree that psychedelics can have an immensely positive experience on your life, but he has the rest of his life in front of him and he'll have many opportunities to try this in the future, probably under better circumstances.

Look friend, it's good to hear that you've had positive experiences with psychedelics (so have I) and you surely have good intentions, but it is extremely irresponsible to urge him to use substances that potentially could have negative effects on his life. There are alway risks associated with mind-altering substances and doing something like this, especially when he is not 100% sure about it, could lead to a very bad experience and bad decisions that could affect him for the rest of his life. This is especially poor advice when considering that he wanted to wait for great reasons (respecting his parents, education etc.)

In my opionion, what determines the quality of a psychedelic trip is whether or not the tripper feels ready and wants to have the experience 100%. If he has doubts but gets pressured into it with arguments like "what do you have to lose?"(!?) he is very likely to have a really bad experience.

I agree that psychedelics can have an immensely positive experience on your life, but he has the rest of his life in front of him and he'll have many opportunities to try this in the future, probably under better circumstances.

I can see where both of you are coming from and I agree with both of you in part. The fact is, its not that im not 100% sure or not, I know I'm ready, and I know I will find nothing but good out of it. I just want to respect my parents, that is the main reason for me waiting. I know this may not be a top notch comparison, but take weed for example....I have always heard of people having anxiety and paranoia and such from using it but I have never experienced this and have only had good come out of it...I think that may say something about other psychs.

I'm Nineteen now, however my first encounter with a psychedelic, LSD happened when I was 15 years old. It's really a similar story, I was caught smoking cannabis, several times, my parents sent me to drug therapy because they thought I was using drugs to escape reality, but in reality it was my way at digging into myself, i didn't realize that until later on. I knew that I had to stop smoking, but preciously a half year before I started getting caught frequently I heard about psychedelics, and I then knew it was time. I personally would stay clear from Research Chemicals, I know that the majority of them are relatively safe, however for introducing yourself to psychedelic substances, I would start off with the classics. LSD, Mushrooms, Mescaline if you can get your hands on it. I personally feel more comfortable doing those because they have been used in our society since the 50's ( first scientifically, then recreationally) for lsd, mushrooms have been used since indigenous times, there are some ethnobotonists who believe the eating of psilocybin mushrooms, is the evolutionary factor in which human consciousness was born from. I think you should trust your instincts, mushrooms, lsd and then DMT sounds good to me, just do each one several times for a year or so. As long as you're careful and respectful at the pure power that lies in these plants, and substances, you'll be fine. Lsd saved my life, it made me realize that I was not the problem the world, but that the world was the problem, in otherwords, my empathy, and sensitivity, wasn't wrong, it was only wrong in the context of the world, the society we live in. If you want to help yourself, this is the way to go, just be educated and be mindful.

You lost me when you said "I wasn't the problem, the world was the problem". Yeah the world sucks in a lot of ways but you got to have the opposite mentality. To me, I was the problem, the world wasn't the problem, is what I've learned from age 19 to age 24. But I've done a lot of learning from other sources, not just revelations through drugs but revelations through other things...mostly pain and struggle. Psychedelics isn't the end all be all to everything. I understand the finding yourself thing. I believe almost everyone should have psychedelic experiences but abusing them is obviously not something anyone should have...not that you're saying that. But you gotta take responsibility for your actions. Work hard. I agree with you but don't think you have all the answers at age 19 just because you've tripped a couple times. There's plenty of more growth to do, and most of it will come from things that aren't psychedelics. Peace :)

I'm glad to hear that you feel ready for such a beautiful experience (at least it can be). You sound like a very responsible guy and I'm sure you will benefit from trying psychedelics :) I think that you have some good reasons for waiting, as I mentioned in my previous post.

However, I think it is important to point out just how wrong and harmful the statements "You can't wait" and "What do you have to lose?" are.
Many doubting individuals are reading these threads and those statements are the opposite of harm reduction.

It sounds like you handle something like weed well and this can probably also indicate your ability to handle psychedelics. Most psychedelics are much more powerful than weed though, so prepare yourself for an intense experience! :)