• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

150ug lsd+1/8 of cannabis, terrible trip, can I do acid again?

backwoodschef69

Greenlighter
About 8 months ago, I was home from university for the week and I decided to visit my friend at his university. He used to be my best friend and I had only been able to visit him once since summer. I planned to stay for one night, but my friend received tabs earlier than he had expected.( before you ask, yes I am sure they were real) We were going to take them later in the week, but I decided to stay another night so I could take the tabs asap. Around this time, I was going through a lot of things that put me in a bad place(ending a 3 year relationship, moving 15 hours away from the place I lived my entire life, almost failing out of university, drinking every night), and I believe this contributed heavily to what went so wrong. I was a lot less educated on the power acid and the drug in general. We took 150ug probably around noon. We bought an eighth of bud to last us for our trip, as we were both heavy daily smokers. I had only tried 2.5 grams of dried psilosybin shrooms with no weed combo before this experience, and I had a really good time.We took a long walk around his campus. Everything was gorgeous. He took me through all the trails around campus and the trails became vibrantly colored(pink,purple,bright green). We played light up frisbee in a big open field that appeared to be rippling like waves. We went to his room where we watched tv, looked at art, drew some art ourselves, and we couldn't stop laughing the entire time. Around the peak of our trip we went to his car to smoke his bong. This is where things started to go wrong. I starting trying to leave the car because I thought my friend was trying to trap me. He took me into woods, realizing I probably shouldn't be in public in that state. I started to run from him and I swung at him when he caught up. We were outside in the middle woods when everything went to shit. He was freaked out by my strange behavior and began to distance himself from me. I don't remember much of what led up to it, but I remember waking up out of a blackout, on the ground, thinking I was covered in blood, and I look up and see the scene of a car crash. I thought me and my friend had decided to take a ride while on acid and got ourselves killed. I lost it. I thought that I was in some sort of purgatory state and that the only way to make it out was to find "the answer". I ran around for an hour screaming things like "lsd is the answer" and "shoes are the answer". I was caught in a loop where if I didn't get "the answer" right, I kept waking up in the same spot just to repeat. I eventually got naked because I thought it would help me progress through this purgatory. I had only seen my friend in glimpses because he was keeping his distance from me, so I felt completely alone in this state. I eventually snapped out of it, I got some clothes, and we smoked until we eventually went to bed. I felt slightly strange for a week, but nothing bad came from it, and I think I learned a lot about my self from the overall experience. I have really gotten my shit together since the experience. I also feel I am a better more compassionate person. I am also much more open minded and less judge mental. The experience was scary but I am glad it happened. 8 months later, I am happy about my life and everything is back on track. Since this experience I have tripped once on 3 grams of dried shrooms and had an incredible time. I want to do acid again and I feel like if I start out with a low dose, in a comfortable setting, with a trip sitter, and no weed, I feel like I would have a good trip, and then I could slowly highten the dose with each trip. I feel like I can trip again but I need some extra opinions, what do you guys think?

Leaving the weed out of it will probably be the best thing you can do. It's known to trigger paranoia and anxiety during psychedelic trips.

I agree that your situation at the time of the trip was almost certainly the cause of the bad trip.
So, if you wait until your life situation is better (like it seems to be now), I think that that is no particular reason for you to have a bad trip.
However, be aware that cannabis can magnify the acid, and maybe only try using it after you are already coming down (but be prepared to go back up!).

be aware that cannabis can magnify the acid, and maybe only try using it after you are already coming down

Cant it just, I have been smoking cannabis everydayfor too long now and the only time I can remember being scared to smoke any more was after I had a volcano during the peak stages of a 1p-LSD trip. I had like an anxiety attack which I have never had in my life and I got really sketchy (I couldnt stop thinking about a friend of ours who is menatlly ill and all the forced psychiatry shit hes been through and then here was me bending my mind every week!)

To try and take my mind off the shit I was thinking about I ended up fixing the washing machine as it had stopped draining and it turned out to be just a sock jamming the pump, I winded up doing about 6 loads of washing (my Mrs couldnt believe it as I don't do washing lol) I then moved onto the drier as it was a bit minging and wasnt drying so well as the fluff was blocking flow

Yeah they were running at optimum efficiency after I was done

I wouldnt call it a bad trip by any measure but the anxiety in my mind was like me saying Fuck, Fuck, Fuck really fast I honestly thought I had damaged my brian as the rush was intense as fuk and the anxiety actually stopped me from sleeping it was like I had taken amphetamines my brain was like really alert. Its a strange thing the human brain I never ever had any issues sleeping off 1p-LSD after 7 and 8 hours in some cases

Lesson learnt with no harm done, I will smoke after the peak next time and I am looking forward to it theres something magical about having a cup of tea and a bowl after a trip both amazingly friendly drugs my favourite two but they can not get along at times

Do not smoke weed next time, almost guarantee that why it went bad. I refuse to indulge in cannbis while tripping, gets way too intense

Thanks guys, the reassurance really helped, I definitely have the confidence to trip again now. I felt pretty good about it, I just needed more opinions

Would it be unwise to smoke before dropping? Usually when I'm sober, weed calms me down, and I feel like it would help with the anxiety

Would it be unwise to smoke before dropping?

You know I wondered this after I posted, I have only tripped on 1p-LSD 12 times and this only happened once despite smoking Cannabis during every trip but I was always waiting until after the peak

I was always stoned for every time I dropped so my experience tells me that being stoned and then dropping isn't the same as smoking while you are actually heavily under the influece, the cannabis starts to mellow off as the trip comes on and then for me smoking becomes this really stupid thing I have done for years and I need to stop smoking, thats the main message for me

Just my experience I would like to hear others