• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

11 years on its time to move on : Heroin recovery and tales of the unexpected.

pinkpapaver

Bluelighter
Double the legs 11 to two little ducks quack quack i certainly dont want to be a skinny old two fat ladies bag head.

May as well treat these times like drought times of back then.... Without the desire to score. Time does fly by in the blink of an eye and i dont want them bad vibes around me.

Double the legs 11 to two little ducks quack quack i certainly dont want to be a skinny old two fat ladies bag head.

May as well treat these times like drought times of back then.... Without the desire to score. Time does fly by in the blink of an eye and i dont want them bad vibes around me.

Go for it!!!

Love and best wishes,

Fubz.

good luck!! what's prompted you to make the jump? what's your plan of action?

honestly wish you all the best, quitting ain't easy but despite the heartache and weirdness of not being under the influence all the time, its well worth it.

feel free to drop by in H&R if you want to vent or get any advice or whatever. though there's loads of great posters right here too, as i'm sure you know.

Quitting is easy , you just have to really really really want it, only took me 40years
Thats even more challenging since the kindling effect on your brain is so much worse. Plus when u quit ur anxiety goes through the roof since u literally don't know what to do or how to celebrate/have fun/manage your emotions without the need to spike your vein. I salute you m8 for doing the impossible. If I struggle badly with a 10 year addiction.....I can't fking imagine a 25 years+, much love and respect 🙏

Truth is I haven't had any anxiety compared to when i was using, I found the reason i was using was because of many things including anxiety but when i stopped so did it. I am free now -don't have to take something x4 a day to function, not leave work on some spurious reason, ignore my family and friends spend every penny of smack etc etc. It really is a better life and I laugh everyday. : ))

Good thinking pink, we are all getting older, we may have been naughty in the past but lets enjoy what time we have left. As Elvis said "Life aint no dress rehearsal"

So so worth is @pinkpapaver

I'm on the joos myself but the constant craving for a fix is a fucking nightmare I'm so glad I'm away from.

I second blondin's sentiment about my anxiety being way way worse when on the gear, even when not rattling, you still have to worry about where the next tenner is coming from!

Truth is I haven't had any anxiety compared to when i was using, I found the reason i was using was because of many things including anxiety but when i stopped so did it. I am free now -don't have to take something x4 a day to function, not leave work on some spurious reason, ignore my family and friends spend every penny of smack etc etc. It really is a better life and I laugh everyday. : ))

True dat. I now realise that I started using because heroin is the ultimate anxiety relief.

Then after a while, all it does is cause anxiety.

When you finally sack it, the relief is enormous. I felt cured of my anxiety, but unfortunately, not cured of drug addiction.

Hence my descent into alcoholism...

I honestly believe once on you are never off it fully.
The gear makes all the rough edges of life smooth, I honestly think I will be using opiates till I die.

I get what you are saying and it is predominant in many if not the majority of folks but I have seen enough examples of people who have genuinely cleaned up, for real which while still relatively rare includes enough individuals to convince me its more than just a flash in the pan. Fubar can understandably self criticise with respect to his subsequent increase in alcohol dependency but having never had a reason to doubt anything he has described with respect to his history of usage he still got clean, like for real clean (I cannot remember any lapse or pattern of chipping beyond one occasion which, as far as I remember, served only to remind him how shit most of the gear is now).

While many substitute alcohol for the heroin and without downplaying the validity of it being another struggle, unlike smartarsewithnoessanymore here he works and supports a family and I will take a functioning alcoholic any day of the week over a useless fuck such as myself, as half the country have historically maintained a functional alcohol dependency, as due to the legal availability of the drug this pathology is wildly underestimated compared to 'those nooligans on neroin that need shooting' - that bastion of British moral standards which makes it clear that the countless number of PH patrons who end up getting their heads stamped on in the car park deserve such justice of the heart, unlike those disgusting thieving junkies who present the real menace to society. While their are many disgusting examples of violent robbery for drugs, a level of offending that IMO includes burglary (its horrible to feel scared in ones own home), I genuinely believe that commercial theft from large stores that can afford it is on a lower level. Please do not think for one second that I condone theft under any circumstances but when no individual victim comes to harm, I cannot see how this is considered worse than fracturing someone's jaw or skull for being slighted in the pub. Did the person sexually assault their partner by pinching their arse? This is of course not on but would be better dealt with by threat or in serious circumstances, by LE but short of defending someone's life I have never understood why non violent, non stealing heroin users are still looked down on as being worse than than those that commit A&GBH on a weekly basis.

God that white is alright, rant over.

yay, ididnt realise it was so long ago i said that. ifelt embarassed, i had some false starts and binges, im on my way from misery to happiness aha ha whatever!

ive been doing lil stretches but i think im on the right path.

using my herbs, 10 ml of meth every other day, or 2 poppy pods.

blondin, yer an inspiration, all me ole mates from before.

for sure, the anxiety goes thru the roof. i become very manic and wild. thank fully, cos ive dealt with a lot of the bad shit ive done and had done to me im laughing thru it mostly, but its very hard to sit still and settle. i just remind myself that its absolutely normal and will pass, nights and days are very long, but im on the road now.

anxiety, isnt that what the gear takes away and why a certain kind of bod does be into the h? any other time ive turned to a bit of crack for the sake of something , thats no good for anxiety, tho its more likely a route to the self harm and i dont deserve a good life m,entality. ive done the drink and ive reached the stage where i can feel alcohol really poisoning me and thats even on a half or a piint! im not even abusin the soft drugs, and im rarely on the internet.

i did significant thing after dealer gave me a half price bag and a free one last week, smoked half and sent the rest down the river near spaghetti junction. i did a deal and its all good.

i am no good at the multi quote thing. i have too much good in my life and the h has always held me back, and its always been like my mom telling me that things will only fall into place for me and i can only reach my potential when i dump that bad link to the past. its too true, never regret it tho. i wouldnt know the half of it and the people i know, its raised my awareness of this world and cushioned me from a lot of shit like work. served its purpose. just like fb lol.

thank you all for your kindness. im getting involved with the service user group with cgl. addiction services need a good shake up. i used to get good herbal tea for free . the herbal tea works. folks used to laugh at me, i dont want buzz i want no jitters is all.

wont be long now til i can be trusted with money, or rather i can trust myself with money.