Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

10th time (or more lost count) withdrawing from Xanax

Rek-Ab

Greenlighter
Not looking forward to withdrawing again the more think about it the more stressed i get and the more Xanax i take. I done pretty much every drug but DMT, Heroin, GHB and there probably a few RC i haven't done. This drug is the hardest drug i have ever had to come off, ice easy, coke easy, alcohol pretty difficult maintaining staying off but still drink from time to time. oxy, codeine and morphine mixed with tramadol sucked, but Xanax fuck she a bitch. i thinking of tapper down with clonozapam and thoughts.

Are you prescribed the Xanax? If so then talk to your doctor about a tapering plan.

If they arnt prescribed then transitioning to Valium(if you can get them) probabaly be your safest bet. You mentioned tapering on clonaz and that may work well too, I'm just not completely sure on it's half life to Valium. Ideally you want to be on a low dose of a drug that last a long time.

I've had my run with Xanax in the past aswell and have w/d more then a handful of times and after the first time I said "never again" but another 4 odd withdrawals later and I'm still asking myself why I always let Xanax back in when I know exactly what it will do to me through short term abuse.

Good luck with it. Get some weed if you can it helps a lot.

how much are you taking a day? if this is your 10th time coming off xanax then you probably know better than most, do not go cold turkey, tapering with either clonazapam or diaz would be the go, both have long half lifes and will make it easier maintaining and getting good sleep and rest, just take it easy and good luck

ah, mate i feel for you. xanax withdrawals are the absolute worst. definitely try to switch to valium or clonazepam and taper your dose slowly. depending on how much/long you were using you could just cold turkey which would be quicker and easier, but if it's more than 2mg for longer than 3 weeks i definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks for the replays very helpful, i always say i want take it any more then get a few bars and gets out control. Then supply runs out, the last 4 times i stopped was cold turkey and the last time i went into rehab and they wouldn't give me shit. They just monitored me, i told them i could size out and die and they said we not feeding your addiction this was a bad time. The worst thing is for the first few days is okay then, welcome to hell for next 7 days i have never felt so bad. Physically it is worst for me then i had from oxy (smoking it) WDs and pure mental insanity.

My habit rangers from about 6 to 10 mg, (sometimes more) a day. this has been going on for about 5 years i stop for a month or so or even a couple of days then start again.
Got some 2mg clonazepam that going to tapper down with this time. Valium got half life of about 3 days and i take to much by the third day there must be so much built up in my system i cant speak constantly slurring everything i say.

Thanks again you the support.

Last edited:
Got some 2mg clonazepam that going to tapper down with this time. .

Benzodiazepine (BDZ) bind to several places in your brain, mainly GABA receptor sites (hence the high) but they also affect LPS (TL4) receptors. TL4 activation creates pro-inflammatory cytokines that make you feel sick and awful when you don't have your drug of choice.

Rek-AB to counter this I've found that large and constant doses of vitamins, specifically vitamin D as it has a affinity to TL4 seems to help reduce the effect and length of drug withdrawals. But its not as simple as taking a pill. You need to take various other substances to assist in the uptake of vitamin D. I find a really good combination are green apples. They contain thousands of polyphenols (many unknown) that are very effective in ensuring your body takes up vitamins that you in eat in pill form.

BDZs aren't the only drug that seems to have this affect. The metabolites of opiates, specifically M3G activates TL4 as well. In fact it can be argued that any narcotic or drug that activates TL4 will essentially cause what we call "drug withdrawals" when in fact its nothing to do with withdrawals (layman language is really clunky on this).

Its a hideous postive feedback loop that is essentially described as addiction.

if you are in that cycle already its time for an inpatient admission for withdrawal or at a minimum a tapering off plan and Benzo contract with your GP.
Anxiety about running out is one of the fundamental drivers of addiction.
your history and amounts put you at increased risk of seizure on cold turkey approach. im sure that if you were in our detox there would be a short swap onto a longer acting benzo like diaz then taper off.
time to do a specific rehab plan, i suspect based on your brief history that any kind of controlled use of benzos is near impossible without having a full blown relapse