• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 100mg codeine rectal along with 1 shot alcohol is safe?

Memantine

Bluelighter
I've taken 160mg codeïne before with no problems (and weak effects) but I want to boost the high, mainly by inducing CYP2D6 in my liver and brain using alcohol.

Will it be safe to rectally administrate 100mg codeïne and take a drink right after it?

Im not too sure and I can't answer on the safety of it but I will ask you this. Are you one of the types of people where it's never JUST one shot of alcohol? After you take that shot is your mind going to rationalize taking another, and another? Because then it's not going to be safe

Please report back to us!
I've always been curious as to weather pro-drugs like codeine are effective IR (intra rectally).

Why wouldn't it be effective?
Pro-drugs need to be converted to their active metabolite, via first-pass metabolism, in other words it must pass through the liver in order to produce its effects! Since plugging is a method of administration which by-passes the liver, in theory I do not see how this could possibly be effective, even though there are some reports of people plugging codeine and reporting that it is extremely effective!

It was long thought that codeine's effect was due to being a pro-drug for morphine and codeine was also thought to have a ceiling effect of 400mg/day! Both these claims have been disproved in the latest medical journals; discovered that codeine was an active by itself and thus the theory of a ceiling effect isn't any longer accepted. Using 100mg CodeineContin pills, I used to average around 600mg/day (200mg 3x/day) but I have personally taken as much as 800mg and once even 1200mg throughout the day. The latter was done taking 400mg (4x 100mg) 3x day, while the former was done via 200mg-300mg (3-4x day). Taking 1200mg gave me some side effects though such as headache amongst other 'minor' discomfort, histamine itch aside, however I haven't had any problem using more than 400mg/day!

I have found that the trick to codeine is not to exceed 400mg *per dose*! Once the effect is over (2-3hrs), I find that taking another 200mg-300mg feel exactly the same as the first dose of the day, minus that 'morning relief' feeling but about 95% the same. Re-dosing while still high I find is very un-efficient, while re-dosing after the effects are over, you get the same high and minimum risk of histamine release.

I try to stick to 300mg as 400mg gives me a bit more side effects than I'm used to, almost to the point where I am so preoccupied with the itch that I cannot enjoy my effects and so it interferes with the high.

The 400mg ceiling myth, in my understanding, means that you shouldn't take more than 400mg though that is too much already, I suggest 350mg the cut off, though 300mg is even better! Once the effects are over you can continue dosing at this pace say 200-300mg every 2-4hrs until asleep, to wake up happy, refreshed and ready for more lol

p.s. If possible I highly recommend getting some poppy pods & mixing it with codeine (skip the tea, eat the ground powder...u need so little that 2 tablespoons chased with juice/water should be the same as 4-5x that amount in tea). I have done this and it is an amazing combination, extreme nodding, very chill and euphoric. I still have on my list of combos to try pure pharmaceutical morphine (oral) with codeine - as close as pharmaceutically possible to opium and also the 2 most sedating opiates combined!

Last edited:
Plugging codeine is a waste. As muie said, it's a prodrug, thus needs to be metabolized. By plugging it you'll bypass the first pass metabolism, thus lose a lot/all of the codeine