• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox 10 Years a Slave to Pain - I need advice please

Julie100

Greenlighter
Hello,

Thanks for reading my post. I've had chronic back pain for 10 years, had a spinal fusion 8 yrs ago, didn't help much. I used to be on much more, but over the years have tapered down. I am currently on ER Morphine 15 mg - 2 X per day plus Oxycodone 10 mg - 3 X per day (I cut these in half so I have 6 actual doses). I also supplement with Advil and Kratom here and there, do various kinds of therapy/exercises which help. I like Kratom but it doesn't always work for me (maybe I'm not taking enough in all fairness).

I want to get off pain meds and try to manage my pain in other ways. I'm scared to death of withdrawal. What is the best plan to taper and get off the meds? It's hard for me to taper, generally I need more pain meds and not less in any given day. Thanks for the help.

I can offer no advice on tapering, however, I'd like to speak with you about Kratom because I use it daily to manage my chronic pain.

I use between 5 and 7.5 grams up to 3 times a day. I have bad l3 and l4 discs, bone erosion between those discs, a very bad neck, and occasionally bad hip pain. I use Red Maeng da because it is a "daytime" red, so I get pain relief without the sedition.

The type of red you use may not be working for you. The brand you use is also important, if you get an older bag it will not be as strong as a good selling fresh product.

I can offer no advice on tapering, however, I'd like to speak with you about Kratom because I use it daily to manage my chronic pain.

I use between 5 and 7.5 grams up to 3 times a day. I have bad l3 and l4 discs, bone erosion between those discs, a very bad neck, and occasionally bad hip pain. I use Red Maeng da because it is a "daytime" red, so I get pain relief without the sedition.

The type of red you use may not be working for you. The brand you use is also important, if you get an older bag it will not be as strong as a good selling fresh product.
Thanks for the reply. Okay, I see. I've been ordering the White vein and also Yellow Vietnam which is the best I've tried. I order from BestKratom.com, but what do you suggest? I avoid all reds because I found they made me tired during the day, I already have brain fog that makes it hard for me to work as it is, so that's why I've avoided Reds. I'll try the Maeng da. What does 5-7.5 grams look like? I discovered I'm probably only getting 1/2 tsp per day because I put the Kratom into capsules and I noticed I was only needing to put about 2.5 tsp into the little pill maker and getting 25 pills out of it. Oops. I was thinking that 5 capsules was a lot but I guess not.

One question, did you used to be on pain meds and then went to Kratom, or have you always been on Kratom? thanks much

Thanks for the reply. Okay, I see. I've been ordering the White vein and also Yellow Vietnam which is the best I've tried. I order from BestKratom.com, but what do you suggest? I avoid all reds because I found they made me tired during the day, I already have brain fog that makes it hard for me to work as it is, so that's why I've avoided Reds. I'll try the Maeng da. What does 5-7.5 grams look like? I discovered I'm probably only getting 1/2 tsp per day because I put the Kratom into capsules and I noticed I was only needing to put about 2.5 tsp into the little pill maker and getting 25 pills out of it. Oops. I was thinking that 5 capsules was a lot but I guess not.

One question, did you used to be on pain meds and then went to Kratom, or have you always been on Kratom? thanks much
I was referred to a pain management clinic because they were going to put me on pain pills and physical therapy. I decided to use kratom instead.

The yellow veins are useless. The white veins are for energy and don't provide a lot of pain relief.

Red maeng da is a daytime strain which gives you stimulation as well as pain relief.

I use a teaspoon to measure my kratom, one tsp is about 2.5 grams of powder. I recommend starting with 2.5 grams and work your way up from there. When you switch to a new strain your tolerance to that strain is low. You can redose every 4 hours if necessary, but I typically wait 6 hours.

Your first dose needs to be on an empty stomach. Kratom doesn't work as well with food.

I was referred to a pain management clinic because they were going to put me on pain pills and physical therapy. I decided to use kratom instead.

The yellow veins are useless. The white veins are for energy and don't provide a lot of pain relief.

Red maeng da is a daytime strain which gives you stimulation as well as pain relief.

I use a teaspoon to measure my kratom, one tsp is about 2.5 grams of powder. I recommend starting with 2.5 grams and work your way up from there. When you switch to a new strain your tolerance to that strain is low. You can redose every 4 hours if necessary, but I typically wait 6 hours.

Your first dose needs to be on an empty stomach. Kratom doesn't work as well with food.
Okay got it. Thanks for your help.