• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos 10 days of 100mg each day valium binge..what will i exepect for consequences?

Soul11

Bluelighter
hey all bluelighters and crew. always thanks for everything for my past 7 or 8 years getting good information and harm reduction.

i have had some crushing situation and took 100mg each day for valium for past 10 days

i had quit 2 years of 10mg a day usage about 8 monthes ago but used here and here for some.

my main question is i have used 100mg a day for past 10 days and i have got 20mg left and will i be in situation where i will be need medical emergency?

what are the consequences am i facing?

That's a tough question. Ten days isn't very long but 100 mgs. a day is a pretty hefty dose. I don't think you are going to need medical intervention but I can assume you are going to feel like crap when it all wears off. Valium has a longer half life so not really sure how many days it will take for you to start feeling a little rough. Probably some increased anxiety, trouble sleeping, maybe some other issues but the good thing is you only did those large doses for 10 days.

You have a prior history with it , like you said, but you were only taking 10 mgs. a day back then. How did you feel when you quit them 8 months ago?

I don't have much experience with valium but I think you are going to be ok. Had it gone on longer than 10 days you might have needed to taper instead of just stopped. But the 100 mgs. a day is what I'm not sure of. That's a lot of valium.

Someone else will come along soon and give you some better advice. I just popped in to say Hi and try not to worry too much.

I don’t know about 10 running days on that Diane dose. Butt I’ve been dependant n 15-18 mg’s Etizolam, arguably equivalent to 200 mg’s Valium, for over a year plus building before that.

No way would I consider going cold turkey or stopping quickly myself.

For your own, It’s not to prolonged and over the top, so still though, just see if any way to procure some more a d taper, or seek doctor for advice and possible prescription.

I think you’ll be fine aside from some insomnia, rebound anxiety and feeling off for a few days.

Benzos are extremely addictive but I’ve found my short high dose binges like you just did didn’t really have physical consequences.

Best of luck

That's a tough question. Ten days isn't very long but 100 mgs. a day is a pretty hefty dose. I don't think you are going to need medical intervention but I can assume you are going to feel like crap when it all wears off. Valium has a longer half life so not really sure how many days it will take for you to start feeling a little rough. Probably some increased anxiety, trouble sleeping, maybe some other issues but the good thing is you only did those large doses for 10 days.

You have a prior history with it , like you said, but you were only taking 10 mgs. a day back then. How did you feel when you quit them 8 months ago?

I don't have much experience with valium but I think you are going to be ok. Had it gone on longer than 10 days you might have needed to taper instead of just stopped. But the 100 mgs. a day is what I'm not sure of. That's a lot of valium.

Someone else will come along soon and give you some better advice. I just popped in to say Hi and try not to worry too much.
man... for me 2 years of 10mg quitting at once was little tough. it was messing with my eye vision for good 7 days, food tasted different for 2 weeks. insomenia took about 7 days too.

felt little out for about a month from my experience. it was about last year at this time when i decided to stop using it. i think it took a good 1month to feel normal in my memories. Plus your libido will go shit for 1 month
as well.

imo, if you are taking 10mg for years, might as well taper down to much as it can maybe 20% down each week and cold turkey it when its around less then 5mg a day.

i was taking 100mg+ for over a year when my life cam crashing down lost everything, i would start my day with 10 10mg. then whatever it took to keep that going. it was rough going cold turkey i lost about four days which i thought it was four days earlier in the week for about a month. had a couple months of insomnia and night sweats. but i would say it felt a whole lot worse that morning when i got up, and went scavenging thru the empty bottles only to find two pills left. i can still feel that sinking feeling looking at those two pills wondering what am i going to do now. that has been enough to keep me away from pills.

just typing this i get a little edgy and it been close to 10yrs .

a free and unlimited supply of valium did not help one bit either.

You have enough valium in your system right now that it will still show up on a standard test in a month, maybe 2.
You picked the right one to abuse because the half life is both long and compounds.
So right now, I'd guess you have literally hundreds of mg still in your system, and the half like is like 48 hours- so if you have 200mg (there's probably some upper limit on how much your receptors can hang on to), in 2 days you will still have 100mg in you.

Get real medical care, because although I think a lot of it is scare tactics, BUT the possibility of seizures exist when coming of benzos.

Look man, there is nothing to be ashamed about going to a dr. or ER and saying

"I messed up. I am NOT suicidal, but for 2 weeks I thought it would be a good idea to numb myself with a lot of valium and I am scared now that I will have bad withdrawals. Can you help me with a long acting medication and help me figure out how to properly taper?"

If your only option is ER, they are going to be assholes, prepare for that. Be very, VERY patient and nice.

Anyway, be 100% honest with health care providers, you have days to find help.

You have enough valium in your system right now that it will still show up on a standard test in a month, maybe 2.
You picked the right one to abuse because the half life is both long and compounds.
So right now, I'd guess you have literally hundreds of mg still in your system, and the half like is like 48 hours- so if you have 200mg (there's probably some upper limit on how much your receptors can hang on to), in 2 days you will still have 100mg in you.

Get real medical care, because although I think a lot of it is scare tactics, BUT the possibility of seizures exist when coming of benzos.

Look man, there is nothing to be ashamed about going to a dr. or ER and saying

"I messed up. I am NOT suicidal, but for 2 weeks I thought it would be a good idea to numb myself with a lot of valium and I am scared now that I will have bad withdrawals. Can you help me with a long acting medication and help me figure out how to properly taper?"

If your only option is ER, they are going to be assholes, prepare for that. Be very, VERY patient and nice.

Anyway, be 100% honest with health care providers, you have days to find help.
IME they literally will not do anything to help you or ease the discomfort unless they themselves seem pretty certain you're in clear emergency medical need.

Be glad you chose Valium rather than Xanax. ;)

Ten days at that dose I’d say you going to have trouble sleeping for a little while ,it’ll get back to normal in a couple weeks I’d say , that along with the creepy things that go along with benzo withdrawal but it’ll be over shortly
I doubt you’ll need any type of medical attention especially cause you been thru it before ancient know what to expect