• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos 1 week 2mg a day alazopram

Adalynnowen2020

Greenlighter
I'm on 8mg of suboxone a day for about 6 months. I took about 20mg xanax through out the week it's been about 48 hours since my last dose of xanax still taking my subs last night didnt sleep feeling tingly heart racing and today off and on same symptoms am I in the clear or is this going to get worse.

Can you rephrase?
I took about 20mg of xanax for a week about 2mg or more a day I'm also on subs daily 8mg it's been 48 hours since my last dose of xanax cant sleep jitters heart pumping head feels like a balloon is this going to get worse or is that 1 week binge going to put me in full blown wd first time I have ever binged on zanax

If it's your first binge on alpraz I'm guessing you're just experiencing rebound anxiety. One week of 10-20mg isn't really enough to build a real dependence. But if you're feeling worried, don't be afraid to consult a doctor about tapering, especially considering you already have a doctor for opioid maintenance I assume.

If it's your first binge on alpraz I'm guessing you're just experiencing rebound anxiety. One week of 10-20mg isn't really enough to build a real dependence. But if you're feeling worried, don't be afraid to consult a doctor about tapering, especially considering you already have a doctor for opioid maintenance I assume.
Yes but I'm afraid he will boot me out of the suboxone program.

Well, honestly, I would just ride out the WDs. I really don't think a week of 2mg use is enough to give you risk of seizures. But I'm also not a doctor.

Dosages like that could be pretty dangerous with opioids if you haven't a tolerance to the benzo. It's understandable how a doctor might interpret that as no self-control and boot you...

I've known people on clonazepam and suboxone at the same time. Maybe go to a psychiatrist and ask for help with the taper? It wouldn't be cheap... or your GP? a mild bzd taper is something any doctor could technically help you with.

Dosages like that could be pretty dangerous with opioids if you haven't a tolerance to the benzo. It's understandable how a doctor might interpret that as no self-control and boot you...

I've known people on clonazepam and suboxone at the same time. Maybe go to a psychiatrist and ask for help with the taper? It wouldn't be cheap... or your GP? a mild bzd taper is something any doctor could technically help you with.
You saying dangerous as if I keep doing them or dangerous by stopping?

You will be okay. 20mg isolated to a week is not enough to form much of a physical addiction. You will notice mild symptoms (anxiety, tachycardia), but aside from that there is nothing to worry about.

Hey Adalynnowen2020,

I know you already have the answer to your question but I just wanted to give some additional input, since I also take suboxone and also sometimes take benzos on occasion. Also, I want to reiterate, in my opinion, to binge on benzos for the duration and the dosage stated above without much prior experience or tolerance wouldn't be dangerous to just stop. Might feel jittery and anxious though, like previously stated. The only dangerous thing is mixing mild to high doses of opiods/benzos for someone with zero tolerance.

What was your intention to take the high dosage of benzos for 1 week straight? As in, was there actual utility to that dosage or was it just for fun? ...just curious, but I probably wouldn't bring it up to your doctor, man...unless you worded it really well.

Either way, I'd recommend to not take benzos at all while on suboxone, but in my experience I would only take around a quarter bar (0.5mg) at night. My intention was just for fun but it did also provide slight therapeutic affects ,too. It was light and safe, for me and my tolerance/experience. Also, I have also experienced light to mild benzo withdrawl in the past, so i understand the unpleasant side effects afterwards. It is best to be calculated with your dosages by using sparingly and strategically.

When i would run out of my script early, I would feel shitty so I'd take anything from L-theanine, Kratom, Benydral and/or Melatonin at night to pass out.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
LS

Hey Adalynnowen2020,

I know you already have the answer to your question but I just wanted to give some additional input, since I also take suboxone and also sometimes take benzos on occasion. Also, I want to reiterate, in my opinion, to binge on benzos for the duration and the dosage stated above without much prior experience or tolerance wouldn't be dangerous to just stop. Might feel jittery and anxious though, like previously stated. The only dangerous thing is mixing mild to high doses of opiods/benzos for someone with zero tolerance.

What was your intention to take the high dosage of benzos for 1 week straight? As in, was there actual utility to that dosage or was it just for fun? ...just curious, but I probably wouldn't bring it up to your doctor, man...unless you worded it really well.

Either way, I'd recommend to not take benzos at all while on suboxone, but in my experience I would only take around a quarter bar (0.5mg) at night. My intention was just for fun but it did also provide slight therapeutic affects ,too. It was light and safe, for me and my tolerance/experience. Also, I have also experienced light to mild benzo withdrawl in the past, so i understand the unpleasant side effects afterwards. It is best to be calculated with your dosages by using sparingly and strategically.

When i would run out of my script early, I would feel shitty so I'd take anything from L-theanine, Kratom, Benydral and/or Melatonin at night to pass out.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
LS
It was very therapeutic for me bc I know this sounds crazy but the suboxone just never works for me I can't find the right dose I've went very high and came done very low it just doesn't keep me feeling well very long plus I have very bad mood swings. Any way I could go on and on with all this stuff. My buddy told me to gradually go down so I took 1mg last night and passed out he said keep tapering or do you think I should stop and what can I take I have celexa welbutron colondine benadryl melatonin in the cabinet. I just don't want to end up having a seizure and die I have 2 kids and a wife and I've been clean for 6 years before I know what it's like to have a beautiful life before I broke my arm and then had a needle back in my arm within a couple of weeks.

I'm on 8mg of suboxone a day for about 6 months. I took about 20mg xanax through out the week it's been about 48 hours since my last dose of xanax still taking my subs last night didnt sleep feeling tingly heart racing and today off and on same symptoms am I in the clear or is this going to get worse.

Hi Adalnynowen2020 (what a nick!),

if it really happened the first time, nothing should happen to you. I do the same once per month with 25 mg on a weekend of of course i feel a light overhang on monday, but a very nice, outgoing one. -

EDIT: OH sorry, I didn't see the Suboxone. Then I don#t know what will happen, sorry.

It was very therapeutic for me bc I know this sounds crazy but the suboxone just never works for me I can't find the right dose I've went very high and came done very low it just doesn't keep me feeling well very long plus I have very bad mood swings. Any way I could go on and on with all this stuff. My buddy told me to gradually go down so I took 1mg last night and passed out he said keep tapering or do you think I should stop and what can I take I have celexa welbutron colondine benadryl melatonin in the cabinet. I just don't want to end up having a seizure and die I have 2 kids and a wife and I've been clean for 6 years before I know what it's like to have a beautiful life before I broke my arm and then had a needle back in my arm within a couple of weeks.

Hey man,

That's wild -- Anything over 1mg alprazolam will make me so drowsy lol but that just goes to show that everyone is different.

But either way bro, you've been taking benzos every night for, what, like the passed 2 to 2.5 weeks?
IF you quit cold turkey, I am sure that the risk of a seizure would be essentially non existent. BUT I think you'd benefit more from a rapid taper, like your buddy recommended only because I know that having 2 kids comes with a certain baseline level of stress hahaha So the taper will still keep your mind comfortable and at ease as opposed to quitting cold turkey.

On another note, if I were you I'd meet up with my doctor ASAP to figure out exactly why I don't feel well with my prescribed daily suboxone dosage. Make sure the Doc is aware of all the variables that could play a part, like other medications, etc.

But Hey man, that's just me, bro.

Good Luck, buddy
LS

Last edited: