• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

1 day clean. Safely resume Ramipril?

ithinkimnormal

Greenlighter
Hello everyone.. about a month ago I relapsed on methamphetamine and used almost daily until a day ago. Dosing about .2 to .4 each day with the occasional day without anything.

I stopped because I have hypertension and because it's just not a good idea at all. Same reason I quit cigarettes. I was never a heavy user nor did I ever feel like I absolutely needed it, It was the impairment seeking plus an excuse to smoke cigarettes... Anyways, I wasn't taking my prescribed ramipril 10mg, an ace inhibitor this entire month. I've been told it can take 30-45 days approximately before the residual affects of ramipril to no longer occur within the body, although I'm sure It happens much faster under the stress that meth causes.

I just want to note that I already have an appointment with my doctor and I am always open and honest with him about my occasional poor choices. (Carrying on) Till then, I've been looking online about whether or not I can simply nresume the ramipril after 1 day of being clean or if I should wait a few days. I've checked all the drug interaction sites and they all say zero interactions but I don't think I trust those sites entirely. I couldn't really dig up any case studies/peer reviewed articles discussing ramipril possibly interacting with the methamphetamine and the metabolic process at all. I do however, remember this one particular day back when I first started, when I would only dose once or twice and then not touch it for weeks or months, this was around the time I first started doing drugs. One morning I took my ramipril without anticipating any meth use later on but then about 3-4 hours later I ended up trying some, but I noticed the ramipril must have blocked the seeking effects of the methamphetamine for me and continued to block the effects for about 6-7 hours afterwards, then I guess the half-life elimination of the ramipril allowed the effects to kick in, and this is my only experience of ever taking ramipril and meth together.

So I'm looking for information on whether or not resuming this med after about 25-30 hours would be a concern at all? I've also had a couple good nutritious meals since last dose and have been continously staying hydrated. My initial thoughts are that it wont really matter, it inhibits as it's supposed to(causing less synthesis?). Either way, I prefer to seek out a variety of opinions on this type of thing.

Thanks for any help provided, community.

From what I've read I don't see any reason why you would need to be concerned about the reaction period.

I get what you're saying about drug interaction sites sometimes not having g relevant and up to date info about interactions but I think that applies more to very niche meds and ones that aren't as commonly used. I bet there are thousands of cases of people taking ace inhibitors or calcium channel blockers while on meth. I bet it may even be protective. But if the ace inhibitor doesn't directly affect liver enzymes that break down stimulants or affect MAO in any way than it is free of the interactions that would be the most common negative ones. So you can figure that out for yourself even if you don't trust the websites that say no interaction. If that gives you peace of mind...