• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1,3-diphenylethanamine

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
Is 1,3-diphenylethanamine or the N-methyl or N-ethyl amine homolog effective as either a psychostimulant, opioid or NMDA antagonist? would be a positional isomer of lefetamine.

Known active? known inactive?

No I mean the 1,3-isomer. Basically because I could add it to the shopping list and knock some up quicktime from the corresponding benzaldehyde via Knoevanagel condensation.

yeah since ethan has only two carbon atoms, there can be no "1,3". N-Ethyl-1,2-diphenylethanamin, as roi said, is also known as Ephenidine

via a methylene bridge? maybe you should draw the structure to be more precise...

Meta-phenyl-ethylaminobenzene.

Could possibly be a substrate for MAO inhibition.

I'm pretty sure this would not be a substrate for DAT, although it may block some reuptake.

More interested in NMDA antagonism first and foremost, opioidergic activity secondecundus and psychostimulant activity tertius.

I'll have to check the structure for sure again, because damned resellers of reagents, some of them don't do too well at IUPAC. They fucking well should, but don't always. Spotted some stuff on a certain auction site earlier that would have been impossible, because the structure and the name they gave it, do not equate to the same thing. Not something I actually wished to purchase, just something that was available FOR buying by a person inclined to do so. But if people cannot even LABEL their compounds correctly..well its a pet hate of mine when people do that. For instance, a kilo of PPh3 I bought once, some time ago, was labelled as MgSO4. It WAS indeed the compound desired, triphenylphosphine, not epsom salts. But mistake one for the other, and try using triphenylphosphine to remedy constipation...lets just say, the results of accidental consumption of triphenylphosphine are MOST unpleasant. Remember those ''explosion'' methylone vials of some years ago? some of those turned out contaminated with TPP and left me coughing blood.

7d01a9e90d.png

?

this would be the result of the reductive amination of 1,3-diphenyl-2-propanone. Or alpha-phenyl-(-N-alkyl)amphetamine(s)

I seem to recall alpha-phenylmethamphetamine was active, but beyond that can't remember much, it was a long time ago that I read about this)

What the hell man, can you at least show us what structure you're thinking of first?

You went from

I meant with the second phenyl ring connected to the first, by the '3 carbon.

So sekios structure?

7d01a9e90d.png

to

this would be the result of the reductive amination of 1,3-diphenyl-2-propanone

1%2C3-diphenylpropan-2-amine.png

?

Ah thanks.

The alpha-phenyl-N-methylphenethylamine you mentioned is probably UWA-001. I guess it's a dissociative, but..who knows, one way to find out.

However, your compound here is also close to Demelverine which is an antispasmodic somewhat related to Papaverine (methoxy groups removed, pyridine ring opened).

N-methyl-2-phenyl-N-(2-phenylethyl)ethanamine.png

No, it wouldn't be UWA-001, ring unsubstituted. Either alpha-phenyl'amphetamine', the corresponding alpha-phenyl-N-methylphenethylamine (no other substitutions on either the 1-position phenyl ring or the one at the alpha carbon of the sidechain, I,e where in amphetamine or methamphetamine the non-amine methyl group would otherwise be ) or the corresponding N-methyl, N-ethyl, N-n-propyl, N-isopropyl or, just a thought perhaps- any of the pentyl isomers.

Yeah, but we've already established that OP isn't fluent in IUPAC =D

It is not that. The OP, I.e me, was complaining that the person who is advertising this substituted P2P for sale, did not label it correctly, and the OP, had to enquire as to the precise nature of the compound. In my defence, it should be noted that I had been working in my lab for 3-4 days non-stop, with no more rest than the occasional cold glass of iced lime juice, the occasional rollup and brief pause in activity to smoke the same. Non-stop, the occasional toilet break yes, but not a nanosecond of sleep. And his last opiate dose was wearing off when he posted that, tired and exhausted.

Been struggling with a particularly intractable workup, that IMO will need steam distillation or total evaporation of solvent and bulk water. Will need a place to set up the vacuum pump, and he couldn't do that in the dead of night for it would have woken his father with the noise of its operation, and he has done nothing to deserve my breaking into HIS rest. He is not a chemist and did not choose to be awoken by the noise of MY chemistry endeavours.

IUPAC is not my problem. It was the issue of the seller not labelling his compound clearly.

So, what are known about 'aphphetamine', or the N-methyl, N-ethyl, N-cyclopropyl or N-cyclopropylmethyl and N-various pentyl derivatives and any of the equivalent cathinones or phentermines? info on ANY of these will be appreciated. The pyrovalerone analog especially interests. As do the N-methyl, N-ethyl and N-unsubstituted primary amine cathinones protected as the pthalimidopropiophenones.