Recruiting ðŸŒˆ Survey Study: Exploring the Acute Effects of Psychedelics 🌈

Psychedelic_Lab_UniFr

Greenlighter
Dear participants,

We are happy to invite you to take part in our survey study at the University of Fribourg, investigating the acute effects of psychedelics. This study aims to shed light on the potential psychological and cognitive changes that occur during the immediate period after psychedelic use.

Why Participate?

Psychedelics have captured the attention of researchers, mental health professionals, and the general public for their potential therapeutic benefits. By participating in this survey, you will be helping us expand the knowledge about these substances and their effects on the human mind.

Who Can Participate?

• You are 18 years or older.
  • You had a noticeable psychedelic experience in the last 12 months.
  • You understand and write English or German fluently.
Participation Details:

• The survey will be conducted online and will require approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.
  • All responses will be anonymous and treated with strict confidentiality.
  • With the participation you will support us in expanding our knowledge of the substances and their effects on the human mind.
Randomized Raffle - Win Amazon Gift Cards! To show our appreciation for your time and contribution, we are offering a chance to win one of five Amazon gift cards worth €50 each. At the end of the survey, you will have the option to enter the raffle. Winners will be selected randomly and notified via email.

How to Participate: To take part in this survey please click on the following link: https://redcapmed.unifr.ch/surveys/?s=C4WTHM4W898NJC8A

Thank you for your interest in advancing psychedelic research and for considering participation in this study.

If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Sincerely,

The Hasler Lab Team

Welcome to BL. Please edit in ethical approval to your OP as this adheres to the BL research guidelines, protects members and increases participation in your fine research.

Please take a second to read through this thread.

I'm curious about something, in your study's list of psychedelic substances you have included many 5ht2a agonists but also an odd one out: MDMA.

In my experience, the acute effects of MDMA tend to be vastly different than those of the traditional 5ht2a psychedelics.

What was the rationale for including MDMA and does your study differentiate between the data from each individual substance?

Psychedelic is quite a broad church. It's just a word derived from the Greek meaning 'mind manifesting'.

I'm only wondering because I think it would be a meaningful distinction to better relate functional mechanisms with psychological effect

MDMA and MDA do have 5HT2a affinity but it's not their only mode of action. I mean, PiHKAL is a whole book devoted to PEAs some of which have very high 5HT2a affinity.

I suspect you would need to have to read the full submission on what the studies aims are but I suggest it's with a view to using them in therapy. So the precise underlying action isn't the point. It's the utility.