• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

“Magic mushrooms” entity contact vs Dimethyltryptamine

X11400

Bluelighter
Do y’all experience a higher frequency of entity contact with DMT or Mushrooms?

Never had one yet, SNRI tolerance fried my ability to trip but I am very interested in this topic. DMT is most famous for this sort of thing for sure, and guess the scientists would say it is all in your mind :) then we have things like DXM where more than one person independent from each other met the same entity with the same name, so it's a strange phenomenon for sure. Really don't know if dissociative contact is similar to that of serotonergics, as again I don't get most parts of the psychedelic activity on dissociatives (colorful visuals etc) unfortunately and I blame venlafaxine for that, which would suggest they are 5ht2a mediated too.

Do you know particularly good/detailed trip reports about this?

I don't know if it's my utterly non-spiritual nature but I can't claim to have had any structured hallucinations of entities or whatever (astral projection, visionary experiences, etc). I count myself really lucky if I can get some hazy flickering in my mind's eye.

I don't do a lot of DMT though. From what I understand it's more likely than most other hallucinogens to cause experiences like entity contact, maybe because it's so intense.

I don't know if it's my utterly non-spiritual nature but I can't claim to have had any structured hallucinations of entities or whatever (astral projection, visionary experiences, etc). I count myself really lucky if I can get some hazy flickering in my mind's eye.

I don't do a lot of DMT though. From what I understand it's more likely than most other hallucinogens to cause experiences like entity contact, maybe because it's so intense.
I had them on dxm as well as mushrooms

then we have things like DXM where more than one person independent from each other met the same entity with the same name, so it's a strange phenomenon for sure

What the fuck, that's so weird, how do they know it had the same name and not both people just agreeing with the other that they met the same entity?

I've not met any but I've heard alot about it, and find it very interesting

With mushrooms I never lost contact to reality, even in subjective overdose (speedy, anxious, scattered mind), afaik it's like this for many people. Will need to acquire some psychotria viridis (always wondered why they are called psychotria) in the future I guess.

Yeah it's weird and indeed I can't check it further, is mentioned in that good old DXM FAQ by W. White and the aliens name is Calsutmoran ...

Granted I associate "loosing contact to reality" more with this, to more-less remain some knowledge about you being a human and needing to close eyes as even with excess doses of dissociatives I don't and did never enter a true hole, got once very close though, was like riding a rollercoaster with eyes closed so full break of contact with the body while this usually remains - pretty annoying as it gets in the way of the experience ...

I'd say that it's far more common be on DMT but personally I've had entity contact on Mushrooms many times, and when they chose to reveal their truths they are undeniablely cosmic. Infinitely wise beings granting a merging between us and ALL. They are pure love and within them you can have a glimpse of the true nature consiousness from which these mind expanding molecules allow. Slow things down, personally I prefer the more long acting Psychs because they allow me to really divulge in the experience and pull back more. That being said I really need to start exploring Changa if the time ever comes when it's set before my path. I feel like having the smoked DMT experience heavily extended may leave me stuck with a foot in my mouth, or if things turn out favorably the foot of a many armed goddess.

1ea8dae1f876a23a56cd55c7b90d8111.jpg

I'll add that seeing entities isn't necessarily mutally exclusive with losing contact to reality, I've had many entity experiences on DMT fully aware of where I was and even been able to putz about doing things with my eyes closed maintaining 'contact'.
I didn’t see them, but I did feel them.

Last edited: