• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

“Fentanyl Inc” by ben westhoff

the_void

Bluelighter
I have this book, see it has well over 1k reviews on goodreads, BUT is this book any good in respect to wanting to learn about the contemporary drug scene ?

I was going to read it, but its dunno now by this article where he states mdma kills & applauds lsd, thinks raves are super common, & doesn’t seem to know much about 60s drug scene

This is a read I need to get through some time. It was recommended by someone I worked with on my journalism initially. I'm writing an article at some point on the origin of all the cartel fentanyl actually being Wuhan, China. They make the precursors there, send them over to Mexico where the final product is synthesized. Then up through the Baja-California border!

I figured this out through reading a series of articles one day which I've got collected in a Bluelight thread. Then I got this book as a suggestion to expand on my knowledge here. It's a really good and informative read from what I'm told.

This is a read I need to get through some time. It was recommended by someone I worked with on my journalism initially. I'm writing an article at some point on the origin of all the cartel fentanyl actually being Wuhan, China. They make the precursors there, send them over to Mexico where the final product is synthesized. Then up through the Baja-California border!

I figured this out through reading a series of articles one day which I've got collected in a Bluelight thread. Then I got this book as a suggestion to expand on my knowledge here. It's a really good and informative read from what I'm told.
But why does he seem so out of touch in the original link, thinking mdma kills on the regular

It WAS written 5 years ago before publication of book, maybe he learned his stuff in the meantime

But why does he seem so out of touch in the original link, thinking mdma kills on the regular

It WAS written 5 years ago before publication of book, maybe he learned his stuff in the meantime
I dont know. I didn't read the link actually. MDMaA is known to cause some deaths from secondary effects of dehydration and overheating. It's a party drug and an amphetamine so that's perfectly reasonable.

I'd say he probably learned some stuff in 5 years yeah.

I dont know. I didn't read the link actually. MDMaA is known to cause some deaths from secondary effects of dehydration and overheating. It's a party drug and an amphetamine so that's perfectly reasonable.

I'd say he probably learned some stuff in 5 years yeah.
Well theres no such thing as riskfree drug.

In it, he ridicules that lsd users would NEVER jump off a balcony.

Balcony i cannot comment (this seems to be a recycling of cannabis myths), BUT i am certain some people have hurt themselves on lsd because its powerful effects confused them. Are there a lot? I doubt there are a lot, just as i know mdma deaths are very rare and usually are the product of pill adulteration

Leah Betts 1995 death was blamed on mdma. ACTUAL cause of death? Water intoxication

Just saying, in this article He comes off as pseudo enlightened. I dont doubt he learned some stuff in a couple years, but unless he REALLY did a deep dive its obvious he didnt know shit in 2015

Last edited: