• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

‘It all seems like fun and games and a cheap $25 pill but it’s not worth it’

I would say manipulation. He, the media or both. Don't care. I do not know any "pill" that can do this on a party. Otherwise a lot of other ppl collapsed or died on this event. Hard to judge. Only thing is. If drugs are legal this would not happen. Only to those ppl who are sorted out by Darwin anyway.
But it's a dilemma seeing this. Because he is really suffering. He did a mistake. But you know - if you are totally on - you probably do things that you would never do in a normal state.
Poor boy :/

$25 pill? What is this 1999?

18 pills, 300 of k, 200 of meth...In aussie prices that's prob like 2 g of k and less than a g of speed. Doesn't sound that unreasonable to me spread out over a few days...pfft amateur.

Well 18 pills is basically 3 a day that's easily doable. Party sleep, party, sleep? Has nobody here been to a festival before? I did 14 in 3 days and 8 in 1 before. I do not in any way reccomend doing this I'm just saying this isn't just from mdma. No fucking way.

so it turns out MDMA 25mg/kg once a day for 5 days does damage the brain

i want to see the state this guy was in once they took him to the hospital... he must have been fucking steaming

i think the pills might be too high dosed nowadays...

I have an (ex)friend who sources those Dutch pills over the Internet. Apparently they contain upwards of 200mg MDMA, compared to an average dose of about 100mg. He pops the fucking things in his mouth like they're candy. Like, he literally triple drops them in front of us before we can slap him in the head for even thinking of such a stupid thing. He does this almost every weekend when he's out at like metal clubs or what not, then half an hour later he has no idea what's happening and can barely stand. If this whole story doesn't deter him, then nothing will. Like, he'll do that then fucking spend the rest of the night looking for K or talking about all the shit he does. I don't understand how people can get off on doing that dude. Like for me, there's a point on the whipper or pills where I'm like "I'm feelin mighty fine right about now" and I don't really even think of taking more for a while, aside from maybe a Ruski or whatever to wet my whistle. But yeah, each to their own :)

http://www.mdmateam.com

^ Mad looking pills, often in the comments they mention how much MDMA is in the, for example - Green grenade w/ 180mg MDMA...

But the 200 + mg ones usually have score/split lines so it's easy to drop half a one if you don't have any tolerance.

http://www.mdmateam.com

^ Mad looking pills, often in the comments they mention how much MDMA is in the, for example - Green grenade w/ 180mg MDMA...

But the 200 + mg ones usually have score/split lines so it's easy to drop half a one if you don't have any tolerance.

Man, they look like literal candy, far from these seedy looking crumbly concoctions we cop in Straya. Apart from this one I saw that's in the shape of a penis. I'd wanna be gakked already before I ate a dick.

so it turns out MDMA 25mg/kg once a day for 5 days does damage the brain

i want to see the state this guy was in once they took him to the hospital... he must have been fucking steaming

i think the pills might be too high dosed nowadays...

Australian pills these days are notoriously weak, most contain between 40-80mgs MDMA. Anything above 100mgs is rare.

If indeed he did take that much of those substances, I couldnt imagine them giving someone Parkinson like symptoms. I wouldnt be surprised if at least one of those substances was tainted with something more sinister.

I hope he makes a full recovery.

lol...

"i'm a weed smoker.... I've OD'ed several times, once I slept the whole afternoon". =D

Back in the 90's when i first started smoking weed my high school friends considered vomiting after smoking a big cone as OD'ing

Australian pills these days are notoriously weak, most contain between 40-80mgs MDMA. Anything above 100mgs is rare.

If indeed he did take that much of those substances, I couldnt imagine them giving someone Parkinson like symptoms. I wouldnt be surprised if at least one of those substances was tainted with something more sinister.

umm, didn't know that. i got that impression because all i see are the lab results from ecstasydata and honestly they're really scary. lots and lots of pills dosed over 200mg. the ones on the 100-150mg are the lowest ones. so, yeah.

and also, i think most people overestimate the safety of MDMA, which i get the impression is in fact really rough on your brain. the currently around MDMA 'substitutes', most of them don't even do much at all. i'd say that as much as MDMA is awesome and everyone loves it, it's also a drug not to be taken lightly. of course that's not to say it can't be used at all, most people do get away with abuse, but moderation needs to be watched much more carefully than other recreational drugs where you can get away with much more reckless use. i'm just not *that* surprised with this. all those old studies feeding ridiculous doses of MDMA to animals finally have an human parallel, there it is... i think the only instances where pills with substitutes were the ones to be feared were when there was shit like PMMA or 5-IT around which is not the case anymore.

lastly, does anyone educated on neurology care to make a guess on what the hell happened to this guy? are his symptoms common after stuff like, i don't know, heavy serotonin syndrome or destroying your brain's serotonin neurons? Parkinson like symptoms? so itws dopamine related i guess?

http://www.pillreports.net and check out the Aus/NZ section, scan thru pages and pages and see what is being reported. Aus and NZ are known to get alot of crap pills. Sometimes there are higher dose ones, but it seems pretty rare these days, unlike back in the late 80's to mid 90's when strong pills were the norm (and more expensive).

Thats the problem with prohibition, no one knows exactly what dose they are getting or if the contents are pure or adulterated. Test kits give rough indications but arent fool proof.

The same thing would happen if alcohol were illegal, people would make their own and sell it to others and there would be more harm from methane poisoning etc.

Last edited:
On the part of your post that was edited: don't get me wrong, I think MDMA is awesome. I'm all for it. I hope MAPS suceeds in their attempts to regulate and raise awareness on MDMA therapy because I think it's got a huge potential.

But that doesn't negate the fact that it can have some adverse effects, it is very unforgiving. But differently than say alcohol, heroin etc. Because MDMA use doesn't come with addiction and related issues. It can be and is most of the times used without adverse effects. What I mean is MDMA as a substance acutely, from a pharmacological point of view, it's not light on your brain, even with all its pro's.

It is a chemical to be respected and used with reverence and respect. Quite a bit of the bad press that it gets is because we have people using it indiscriminately. I used to roll every weekend when I was spinning records in pittsburgh...and I most certainly noticed headaches that came and went, a slowing down of my intelligent flow of conversation....having trouble finding certain words. I guess I was part of the problem back in the nineties and early 2000's in which people were saying it puts holes in your brain or makes you dumb. If I had been a little better informed *cough cough* harm reduction instead of abstinence training, I'm sure this would not have been the case.
This is from abuse though. Taking ecstacy (true MDMA) ever once in a blue moon is not necessarily bad for you if you do your research and make sure you are not taking too much.

It is a chemical to be respected and used with reverence and respect. Quite a bit of the bad press that it gets is because we have people using it indiscriminately. I used to roll every weekend when I was spinning records in pittsburgh...and I most certainly noticed headaches that came and went, a slowing down of my intelligent flow of conversation....having trouble finding certain words. I guess I was part of the problem back in the nineties and early 2000's in which people were saying it puts holes in your brain or makes you dumb. If I had been a little better informed *cough cough* harm reduction instead of abstinence training, I'm sure this would not have been the case.
This is from abuse though. Taking ecstacy (true MDMA) ever once in a blue moon is not necessarily bad for you if you do your research and make sure you are not taking too much.

See that's the thing. Cunts in the rave scene treat it like it's nothing, do it every weekend and end up permanantly fucked in the head 3 years down the track. It's not a light drug, regardless of its relative safety. Another product of prohibition if you ask me. Unless you bother to sit down and research what can happen if you overdo MDMA, and then actually change your use pattern because of it, you have no reference to go by other than the other cookers you only spend the weekend with. Because a lot of the damage is pretty gradual... like my sister's used it at least half of the weekends we had this year, sometimes twice a weekend, and she reckons she hasn't noticed anything. A lot of people won't notice the damage it's doing to their cognitive ability and memory until a couple years down the track when they try study or something and realize, too late... fuck, I'm not quite as bright as I was. The only other people telling them this were the cops, and who gives a fuck what they think, right?

Spreadin this anti drug propoganda doesnt help anyone. He could have just as easily been allergic to a prescription, the only difference is its easier to blame party culture than face a pharmaceutical company

See that's the thing. Cunts in the rave scene treat it like it's nothing, do it every weekend and end up permanantly fucked in the head 3 years down the track. It's not a light drug, regardless of its relative safety. Another product of prohibition if you ask me. Unless you bother to sit down and research what can happen if you overdo MDMA, and then actually change your use pattern because of it, you have no reference to go by other than the other cookers you only spend the weekend with. Because a lot of the damage is pretty gradual... like my sister's used it at least half of the weekends we had this year, sometimes twice a weekend, and she reckons she hasn't noticed anything. A lot of people won't notice the damage it's doing to their cognitive ability and memory until a couple years down the track when they try study or something and realize, too late... fuck, I'm not quite as bright as I was. The only other people telling them this were the cops, and who gives a fuck what they think, right?

generally the damage is so gradual that the user does not notice it, however those that are close to the user (family members, friends) will notice a lot more...especially if they don't see the user every day.

Yeah cops don't necessarily have the right answers when it comes to drugs. Policymakers most definitely don't have the right idea either.

In the states we have grandstanding judges, police, and prosecutors filling our jails and prisons full of people. Also, because of the high caseload created by police it may take a couple of years to get a trial (unless you cop to a plea, which is what they want you to do even if you are innocent because it is totally gambling your future on the views of twelve strangers). Thus, those years are wasted...you aren't convicted, only alleged to have committed a crime but it still seriously impacts your work, your family, and your bills (which don't magically disappear when you are locked up.{in fact in lake county you have to pay the jail for your stay there, thus adding another bill on top of the bills piling up that you cannot make an income to support})

A serious rethinking of the way our system works is needed...we thought the babyboomers were going to do it, but they were corrupted just as same as the wave before them...now it is time for revolution... Take back what is ours.

generally the damage is so gradual that the user does not notice it, however those that are close to the user (family members, friends) will notice a lot more...especially if they don't see the user every day.

Yeah cops don't necessarily have the right answers when it comes to drugs. Policymakers most definitely don't have the right idea either.

In the states we have grandstanding judges, police, and prosecutors filling our jails and prisons full of people. Also, because of the high caseload created by police it may take a couple of years to get a trial (unless you cop to a plea, which is what they want you to do even if you are innocent because it is totally gambling your future on the views of twelve strangers). Thus, those years are wasted...you aren't convicted, only alleged to have committed a crime but it still seriously impacts your work, your family, and your bills (which don't magically disappear when you are locked up.{in fact in lake county you have to pay the jail for your stay there, thus adding another bill on top of the bills piling up that you cannot make an income to support})

A serious rethinking of the way our system works is needed...we thought the babyboomers were going to do it, but they were corrupted just as same as the wave before them...now it is time for revolution... Take back what is ours.
Yeah, well, my sister takes it quite often but so do I, so at least we're becoming e-tarded together and can't personally call each other out on it due to memory loss or denial or what not. Misery loves company and all that... enjoyable misery :)
Cops just do their jobs, what the law tells them to do. Honestly, after all the terrorism shit in the news lately, I'd rather them be there trying to steal my drugs and busting suicide bombers simultaneously than not. Policymakers... well I guess time will inevitability catch them up. It's really only a matter of time before people realize what they're doing wrong.
I really think there's more important things cops should be focusing their efforts on. It shits me that they put all these resources into policing drugs at events in Australia, when there's more lethal issues to address.

"Happy to say I have made a full recovery �� what a challenge it was, but once again thank you to everyone!"
^ from his Facebook