• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Δ9-THC-hemisuccinate

THC-HS

Greenlighter
I've searched extensively for this but have come up empty so I'm starting a thread hoping to find something to pull on.

THC-HS is water soluble and thus has high bioavailability via rectal administration. (Regular lipophilic THC and similar compounds are not well absorbed rectally.)

Has anyone attempted to make THC-HS? Or found a source (don't need to name them, I'm just wondering if they exist)?

I have not nor heard of it, but it seems like a fairly simple esterfication. If you do report back!

-GC

I have not nor heard of it, but it seems like a fairly simple esterfication. If you do report back!

-GC
Ha simple with your knowledge perhaps. I'm taking an organic chemistry class this spring at a CC. Hopefully I can decipher the reagents and process and it's something that can be done without a commercial lab.

I’d be willing to bet the benzoic acid ester would be much easier to do since benzoic is so hydrophobic it seems to allow for esterfication alone with certain drugs (aka morphine) when other acids require catalysts like glacial acetic acid. Just a thought! :) It seems the esterfication process is similar for both THC and Morphine.

And you make me blush but compared to many others I’m far from a real chemist, I just have a lot of passion for trying new drugs lol.

Are these esters really water soluble or is just hemisuccinate? I can’t find any info say THC acetate is, but that would certainly make these appealing to me if that’s possible. I’d love to try a snortable THC product once in my lifetime.

-GC

Are these esters really water soluble or is just hemisuccinate? I can’t find any info say THC acetate is, but that would certainly make these appealing to me if that’s possible. I’d love to try a snortable THC product once in my lifetime.

-GC
THC-0 is not water soluble.

There are other THC esters but THC-HS has been the most studied. My layman and cursory read of most of those compounds is that they're oils; and further "CB-1 receptor assay indicated that the esters, as well as the parent acids, are not active.", that this means they don't work?

Last edited:
I found a source for thc-p distillate today, it was 300$ a gram though, the reviews said they thought it was well worth it

I found a source for thc-p distillate today, it was 300$ a gram though, the reviews said they thought it was well worth it

assuming it's legit and uncut, it probably is worth it

I'd still be skeptical though, of it's purity.

thcp is just another cannabinoid, no? Does it have enhanced water solubility?