• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs IC26/Methiodone Withdrawal compared to O-DSMT

xyzwiegehtsdir

Greenlighter
Hey there,

I got a question regarding IC26/Methiodone, maybe someone knows both substances, has experienced the same as me and can answer this.

For example when I took Oxycodone I would be a able to take it for 2 weeks straight without ever having any feelable withdrawaling symptoms. Also with all other opiates/opioids I took except one.

O-DSMT, which is hell of a nice drug (easily placed on rang 2 straight after oxycodone) but also the withdrawaling is really unpleasent. Even emptying 1g or just taking it two days in a row will get me into a bad feeling. I know that the methadone analogue has a much longer half-life than for example Oxycodone but how is it regarding withdrawaling? Will I experience the same as with O-DSMT? Or can I expect something different? All substances are taken orally.

I would highly recommend against switching to methiodone (i have not tried, have seen it for sale and have been curious about it due to my high opinion of methadone as a recreational drug).

What is your daily O-DSMT dose? Switching to methiodone would be like using O-DSMT to get off of kratom. If you switch to methiodone you risk a far deeper dependency.

I'd recommend tapering down on the O-DSMT and switch to kratom. Or using the bernese method and get on suboxone.

Hey,

thank you very much for your fast answer.

I am not a daily user nor am I physically addicted to any substance at the moment.

This experience I had was in August last year and I've been very cautious since then.

I've had a few short binges with O-DSMT since then of course again and I immediately felt similiar symptoms upcoming but definitely not as far as the withdrawaling in August. I also know other people who have expirienced the same with O-DSMT.

I've used Morphium, Hydromorphone, Oxycodone, Tilidin (yeah Germany), Tramadol, Codeine and Kratom and I never had issues with those substances as I had with O-DSMT, which I wonder about where this comes from.

I've would use the Methiodone also as sparely as I did with the others but I do not want to get into withdrawaling from just two evenings.

At least for me this was exclusive to O-DSMT.

The thing is, from what I understand, methiodone doesn't have much of a high to it all, so there isnt really a point to taking it unless youre using it to taper off of a serious opioid addiction.

I heard that it has a nicer warm feeling than Methadon itself. At least what I read in a german forum. I never tried Methadon.

But again thank you for your informaton. I should probably just leave it on the side then. As it is always with this category of substances.

I heard that it has a nicer warm feeling than Methadon itself. At least what I read in a german forum. I never tried Methadon.

But again thank you for your informaton. I should probably just leave it on the side then. As it is always with this category of substances.

Dipyanone (another RC methadone analog) supposedly has a warm feel, like methadone. But from what I've heard, methiodone is not nearly as enjoyable as dipyanone or methadone, however still has withdrawal supressing effects. But everything ive heard about it suggests that it is has very low recreational potential. This makes it quite dangerous, paradoxically, because it could lead to someone trying to increase the dose to try to get high, which could result in accidental death (since methadone and methadone analogs are notoriously dangerous and have a tendency to build up in the system without the person being aware of this buildup). Thus, trying to get high on it could cause a fatal OD. I know its happened with dipyanone (which still isnt as euphoric as methadone, so some users OD'd on dipyanone when trying to get a methadone-like high).

Stick with O-DSMT. It is by far the safest RC opioid since it is of fairly low potency and doesnt tend to induce severe respiratory depression (compared to other opioids)

Dipyanone (another RC methadone analog) supposedly has a warm feel, like methadone. But from what I've heard, methiodone is not nearly as enjoyable as dipyanone or methadone, however still has withdrawal supressing effects. But everything ive heard about it suggests that it is has very low recreational potential. This makes it quite dangerous, paradoxically, because it could lead to someone trying to increase the dose to try to get high, which could result in accidental death (since methadone and methadone analogs are notoriously dangerous and have a tendency to build up in the system without the person being aware of this buildup). Thus, trying to get high on it could cause a fatal OD. I know its happened with dipyanone (which still isnt as euphoric as methadone, so some users OD'd on dipyanone when trying to get a methadone-like high).

Stick with O-DSMT. It is by far the safest RC opioid since it is of fairly low potency and doesnt tend to induce severe respiratory depression (compared to other opioids)
Dipy wins RC of 2024 in my book if you couldn't tell by my name