• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bad reaction to opiates

Spurs_1882

Bluelighter
When I take codeine or dihydrocodeine, I just get sore muscles (like with an alcohol hangover), very itchy (though antihistamines help), sedated and a kind of dysphoric feeling. This with doses such as 75mg DHC. It's quite unpleasant. Would this predict my responses to other opiates or might they be a different experience? I want to know what an opiate buzz feels like (I know this is a dangerous route and one I probably shouldn't go down, it's just curiosity killing the cat...) but don't want to feel like this.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Maybe try tramadol. It's more stimulating, longer lasting and in recommended dosages it is weaker opioid. High doses are very strong. I prefer dihydrocodeine over oxycodone, but codeine and dihydrocodeine are both very sedatíve and itchy.

Interesting, thanks. I did try Tramadol once. It didn't give me the same feelings as Codeine/DHC but it wasn't pleasant either. I actually had a panic attack when I was under the influence of it.

Interesting, thanks. I did try Tramadol once. It didn't give me the same feelings as Codeine/DHC but it wasn't pleasant either. I actually had a panic attack when I was under the influence of it.
This is not surprising, tramadol is something like children of morphine + amphetamine. It has both effects, depending on dose.
U can try higher dose of dhc + nonsedating antihistamines + caffeine or low dose tramadol + low dose dhc + nonsedating antihistamines. But be careful, opioids and opiates have a lot of potentialy instant or chronic adverse effects.

Thanks. The only problem is, despite not getting a decent high out of the DHC, I then felt unwell with a hangover for about 48 hours. Very sore muscles, tired, dysphoric, that kind of thing. A bit like an alcohol hangover. I worry that if I took a higher dose, it would be even worse (even if I did get high).

I think because my general health is so bad (mainly from long-Covid but I'm also suffering from severe gut problems and malnutrition) I have bad reactions to some drugs. I just wonder if other opiates might be different...any opinions? I will definitely try Tramodol again.

you've had poor reactions to a couple of opiates - maybe paying attention to that may suggest opiates are not for you?

and mate, curiosity actually does kill cats and millions of people have suffered terribly from opiates so continuing to roll the dice until you find an opiate you 'like' may well not be the best course of action. Rethink perhaps

EDIT hope you beat the cheats tonight :)