• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD and Lithium. Will I be Safe?

Zapgunn

Bluelighter
I recently heard that LSD and Litium are a very bad combo. I have heard reports online of seizures, bad trips, and people going into fugue states. Scary stuff.

I was recently put on lithium for bipolar 2 (I dont really think I agree with this diagnosis though). IO was on 900 milligrams, didn't feel much benefit from it, so after being omn the med for about 3 months, I quickly taperd off. I have not felt any withdrawal. Haven't been sleeping super great, but that could be for other reasons.

I plan on tripping on 3.5 hits of LSD tomorrow (estimated 350ug), it will have been 12 days since my last litium dose (50mg). I did a "test dose" of shrooms 6 days ago (1.5 grams penis envy) to see if I could trip and if it would be good, and it was awesome!

Here are my question: Am I safe to take LSD after 12 days no Lithium? If I could take shrooms and have a good time at 6 days, I should be able to take LSD and have a good time at 12, right? IS all thsi stuff about Lithium overblown? Is taking 350ug too risky?

Btw I am an experienced tripper, and my bipolar stuff is ligh... no delusions or psychosis... only from when i did meth, but thats a whole other story :/

Lithium biological half life is approximately 24 hours. By 12 days, enough half lives have past that I doubt any significant interaction could occur. There would only be minute traces of lithium left. You should be fine.

350ug is a HUGE dose of LSD, but you can't really trust the reported dosages of LSD. Most tabs are underdosed. Most 100ug tabs I've encountered are dosed closer to 40-70ug.

Lithium biological half life is approximately 24 hours. By 12 days, enough half lives have past that I doubt any significant interaction could occur. There would only be minute traces of lithium left. You should be fine.

350ug is a HUGE dose of LSD, but you can't really trust the reported dosages of LSD. Most tabs are underdosed. Most 100ug tabs I've encountered are dosed closer to 40-70ug.
Good to know! This makes me feel better.

Is 350ug really that big of a dose? I see people on Reddit talk about taking 600ug+ doses. You’re right that I have no clue what this acid is dosed at, but I will say that this batch is from a very legit plug, so I bet each hit is close to 100ug. I’m looking for an intense trip… maybe even ego death. but I don’t want to go too crazy.

I’ve taken 2 hits several times, of different batches, and have always been able to handle it. Do you think it’s a bit much to move up to 3.5 hits?

Is 350ug really that big of a dose?
Yes. That is beyond a heroic dose.

I see people on Reddit talk about taking 600ug+ doses.
The vast majority of people on r/drugs and r/LSD are teenagers or generally younger people without much knowledge.

Most people think they've taken more than they actually took, because dealers lie about dosages.

A real 350ug dose the visuals become insanely strong and all encompassing, you become very disoriented and unfunctional, it would be difficult to speak, the average person would find it very uncomfortable. 600ug would put the average inexperienced person in the hospital or psych ward.

Do you think it’s a bit much to move up to 3.5 hits?
Nah, if you can handle 2, you can probably handle 3.5.

As long as you are comfortable handling challenging and intense trips. Takes some practice.

Is 350ug really that big of a dose?
yeah as snaf said, 350ug genuine dose is huuuge

from what you're saying I think you'd be looking at more like 150, not 350!

200ug at the very, very most - and make sure set/setting is close to perfect for dosing at that level

Is 350ug really that big of a dose? I see people on Reddit talk about taking 600ug+ doses.
It is but only if your tabs are accurately and properly dosed. Don't ever take anything seriously coming from redditors or Reddit for that matter. r/LSD is full of cringe normies and babby's first trip noobs who don't know any better.

I've seen alot of posts like you mentioned of people claiming to having done even bigger dose than what you mentioned and just by the way they speak about it, it clearly sounds like they had severely underdosed tabs they got from their local dealer and it inflated their ego to a point where they feel it's worth mentioning it so they can farm for karma which is pathetic.

600ug is no fucking jokes and you better be prepared if you venture into this territory. 350ug is also alot so at the end of the day, if you really wanna go balls deep, go ahead but don't jump in blindly thinking it's going to be all smiles and sunshine until you finished peaking.

It is but only if your tabs are accurately and properly dosed. Don't ever take anything seriously coming from redditors or Reddit for that matter. r/LSD is full of cringe normies and babby's first trip noobs who don't know any better.

I've seen alot of posts like you mentioned of people claiming to having done even bigger dose than what you mentioned and just by the way they speak about it, it clearly sounds like they had severely underdosed tabs they got from their local dealer and it inflated their ego to a point where they feel it's worth mentioning it so they can farm for karma which is pathetic.

600ug is no fucking jokes and you better be prepared if you venture into this territory. 350ug is also alot so at the end of the day, if you really wanna go balls deep, go ahead but don't jump in blindly thinking it's going to be all smiles and sunshine until you finished peaking.
100% this.

I've had ego-death states on a genuine 250ug, those states being bookended by witnessing creation / seeing a 1000 foot tall hindu deity / time slowing rigghhht down then actually stopping / fully leaving the body as all sound disappeared, etc etc

Set/setting (alone, great sounds, meditation) were very conducive to that level of tripping though, granted. 250ug.

100% this.

I've had ego-death states on a genuine 250ug, those states being bookended by witnessing creation / seeing a 1000 foot tall hindu deity / time slowing rigghhht down then actually stopping / fully leaving the body as all sound disappeared, etc etc

Set/setting were very conducive to that level of tripping though, granted. 250ug.
I don't even have any shame to admit that i really do enjoy 200ug and i would love to go higher but i feel like higher doses than 200ug are to be done once in a while.

I ordered a sheet of DS 3.0 in late January of 2022 and the most i've done out of that batch was 3 tabs and it was still manageable and fun.

Though, i ordered another sheet of a freshly laid batch off a fresh synth that had just arrived at the particular outlet i was ordering from in late June last year and i expected the tabs to hit as hard as the last batch i had(which btw was stored properly and never seemed to have lost any potency over time and if it was, it was minimal) so i took 2 tabs and went to a Jazz festival on my own and boy i didn't expect the tabs to hit THAT hard but that made me realize that i never really had properly dosed tabs until this time and at that point i had easily over 400 tabs dropped of different analogues(1P-LSD, 1CP-LSD and ALD-52) and good ole LSD down my belt.

2 tabs felt somewhat a tad bit stronger if not equal than 3 tabs of the older batch i had. I recently ordered 2 sheets of their newly introduced gels and boy for 100ug they weirdly kick in faster and harder than the regular blotters and i've heard from other people that they had exactly the same experience as me trying these gels.

Even the Doc himself claims them to kick you hard like a mule. So yeah, anything above the 250-300ug range is gonna start to kick you in the dick.