• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV Benadryl

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
Have any of you had the opportunity to take IV Benadryl? If so, can we all agree how amazing it is?! I'm not sure what makes it hit like a Mac truck, but receiving 50mg of Benadryl will provide an instant, remarkable high. For those who have had the luxury of taking it for whatever reason, provide your experiences as well below. I take Benadryl orally on a daily basis to potentiate my opiates and it's remarkable how incomparable the difference between IV and enteral is.

I've had it but I unfortunately wasn't conscious at the time - I was having an anaphylactic reaction. Wishing I'd still been awake now!

if you like tripping bawls in the middle of the hospital i guess! once i was trying to sleep in that situation, asked doc for benadryl and in comes nurse w a syringe. im like "wtf??" she says "that's the only order, this or nothing".... So i take it and... well, deleriant tripping in ICU is not so hot IMO.

if you like tripping bawls in the middle of the hospital i guess! once i was trying to sleep in that situation, asked doc for benadryl and in comes nurse w a syringe. im like "wtf??" she says "that's the only order, this or nothing".... So i take it and... well, deleriant tripping in ICU is not so hot IMO.
that doesn't sound so bad... at least you're in a safe space and won't go and get yourself killed tripping

That sounds like a pretty desperate thing to do.. But I suspect Benadryl is something else in the US. It's cough medicine here.

Benadryl is diphenhydramine, a first gen sedating antihistamine which when overdosed provides you with fine anticholinergic delirant symptoms but never heard of shooting it up. I know that some opioid users like to take antihistamines as potentiation agents, maybe this is related. If you ever want to try it, use proper filtration!!

It's nothing amazing. Diphenhydramine (Benedryl) usually has nasty binders I wouldn't shoot with. Doxylamine 25-50mg IV mixed with morphine/heroin or fentanyl in the same shot is nice, but I still tend to avoid shooting pills. It definitely boosts the rush and adds to sedation better than any other route, but pills are really bad to shoot.

I've always wanted a b52 injection

intramuscular haloperidol, lorazepam and diphenhydramine

I heard it chills you out ;)

Isn't shooting benadryl pills dangerous?
As in those binders & fillers are going to wreak havoc on your cardiovascular system. Possibly even cause sudden death later on down the road if something gets dislodged & goes into your heart or brain.

Sounds like an awful idea.
Hospital preperations do not have this risk though obviously.
With no tolerance, benadryl can provide a teeny amount of euphoria on it's own just from taking 1 pill. Or at least it has in the passed for me.
I don't recommend the tripping doses.
You grow tolerant to this teeny euphoria like right after that first time you use.
So I can't imagine chasing a rush from IV benadryl all day. Doesn't sound very pleasant.

Also. long term use of anticholinergics & opioids, which both cause constipation can lead to severe impaction & even dysfunction of the bowel & colon.
So I'd take extra caution with gut heath & intestinal motility if you're gonna be combining anticholinergics & opioids.

Last edited:
I received a benadryl injection in the hospital and I was actually surprised by the rush it provided. I was totally not expecting it. It was on top of my methadone dose. I never tried to repeat the effects on my own but yes there was a pronounced narcotic like rush that caught me off guard.

Last edited:
I have had Im benadryl when i had nothing else for nausea and honestly i didnt notice it being much different then oral.

I have had Im benadryl when i had nothing else for nausea and honestly i didnt notice it being much different then oral.

I agree. We all are aware of the psychologically-reinforcing component of injection drug use. Knowing this, a lot of things are possible. Folks will inject water for the Pavlovian response it can provide. It's easy to see how people would gravitate toward this, but again, people inject water so that's not saying too much.

It was once much more common for Opiate users to inject antihistamines with their drugs. In the United Kingdom (and I assume other places) Methadone was often dispensed alongside Cyclizine, as patients desired the added sensation when the two were injected. I enjoy 50mg Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) with an Opiate myself. It cuts down on the itching and provides a very mild additive effect to the Opiate.

I can see why people do it, though simultaneous use of Opiates and antihistamines is not a revolutionary change from Opiates alone.