View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! should i try dmt if i’ve had poor experiences with other psychedelics

LCQP

Greenlighter
i’m rather inexperienced with psychedelics, i’ve tried shrooms and lsd, kinda freaked out on shrooms (4g) and just didn’t really enjoy lsd (one tab of what i assume was 100 ug) but im considering trying dmt, thoughts?

Well I think you need to re visit shrooms or 2 hits of lsd before going dmt because bro if you can't handle 4gs of shrooms what makes you think you will handle dmt any different? That 15 minutes will seem forever for you while on dmt I'm sure....

If you scared your going to be scared so don't be, just have a good set and setting maybe dose just an eighth of shrooms this time and idk maybe do it again with 4 and after these maybe you will be more solid on the interior when it comes to psychedelic trips.

Also a lil bit of xanax will go the a long way if things are going the wrong way..keep a few these on deck if you feel it's too Terrible to ride thru..but I encourage you to just ride it..7-8 grams of shrooms brought me to my first ego loss and it was a difficult experience but at the end it was all really beautiful and glad I went through it..

I found DMT less euphoric and more "serious" than acid or mushrooms. That said, I think you can use the short duration to your advantage.

Just smoke very small amounts. Try small hits and waiting to see how it goes.
Do this for a time and then try small doses of shrooms. 4g would have me tripping somewhat hard.
Try 1g in a nice setting of some kind, when you are in a good mood. Then try 2g. Work up, if you want to.
A lot of people never (or hardly ever) trip on 4g. They do small doses pretty much exclusively. Many of them even get useful, therapeutic effects from that. Recreational for sure. You'll get what you ask for.

A lot of people never (or hardly ever) trip on 4g. They do small doses pretty much exclusively. Many of them even get useful, therapeutic effects from that. Recreational for sure. You'll get what you ask for.
I honestly think always shooting for high doses is missing a lot of the point. As little as 10 mgs smoked has opened up a psychic channel in me and moved me past a few issues blocking me. Intent is important. I always believed a hyperslap was not having an intent except to get fucked up. But I never got slapped. I did once however take two trips in a row. 20 mgs and then an hour later another 20 mgs. The first trip was nice, left me light and wonderful. The second trip got very weird. Too weird. Never wanted to go back to that place at least and have not. But I was just using it to see what would happen. That happened once and I always try and have a purpose. One 15-20 mgs blast leaves me with stuff to think about for a few weeks.

Not sure I would recommend if past psychedelic experiences were uncomfortable though. Caution is needed. Wise to even ask the question. Xanax or anything like that won’t help with DMT. The experience is so intense, but can only last 5 to 10 minutes. At what point in there is someone going to take a Xanax? I guess you could take it before, but it’s nothing I would recommend only due to the fact it would take down the experience a few notches.

I honestly think always shooting for high doses is missing a lot of the point. As little as 10 mgs smoked has opened up a psychic channel in me and moved me past a few issues blocking me. Intent is important. I always believed a hyperslap was not having an intent except to get fucked up. But I never got slapped. I did once however take two trips in a row. 20 mgs and then an hour later another 20 mgs. The first trip was nice, left me light and wonderful. The second trip got very weird. Too weird. Never wanted to go back to that place at least and have not. But I was just using it to see what would happen. That happened once and I always try and have a purpose. One 15-20 mgs blast leaves me with stuff to think about for a few weeks.

Not sure I would recommend if past psychedelic experiences were uncomfortable though. Caution is needed. Wise to even ask the question. Xanax or anything like that won’t help with DMT. The experience is so intense, but can only last 5 to 10 minutes. At what point in there is someone going to take a Xanax? I guess you could take it before, but it’s nothing I would recommend only due to the fact it would take down the experience a few notches.
This is all good medicine right here OP^^

Thank you for pointing out low doses not sure why I didn't recommend the same I guess I heard 4grams and just went with it plus I figure dmt to be real intense so must be why I suggested returning back to another 3.5 or 4 gram trip but in all honesty I worked my way up .5 a gram at a time starting from 1 gram.

But no I didn't mean pop a Xanax if your dmt trip gets out of hand, no..I was referring to acid or shroom trips, and using Xanax to blunt the effects if shit gets too stormy to handle.

I found DMT less euphoric and more "serious" than acid or mushrooms. That said, I think you can use the short duration to your advantage.

Do this for a time and then try small doses of shrooms. 4g would have me tripping somewhat hard.
Try 1g in a nice setting of some kind, when you are in a good mood. Then try 2g. Work up, if you want to.
Interesting this is cool to hear..I use this similar method with salvia'd every once in awhile if I am aiming for a mild Salvia experience.

...do you too long for a realm where gravity has been deemed unnecessary?
It's been awhile since I have done a breakthrough hit... used to use a bong with torch lighter. Now I usually just hit it casually in a weed pipe..I know I know what a waste of 20x extract but hey different strokes for different folks lol

The gravity thing always seemed more extreme like pulls me down and to the left...maybe I have never broke through?

Definitely breaking through with bong and torch light.

Some people just like to get a bit wonky on it.

I'm not sure you get the full therapeutic effect unless you surrender to it completely and let it drag you into the other space.

You know if you broke through.

It's been awhile since I have done a breakthrough hit... used to use a bong with torch lighter. Now I usually just hit it casually in a weed pipe..I know I know what a waste of 20x extract but hey different strokes for different folks lol

The gravity thing always seemed more extreme like pulls me down and to the left...maybe I have never broke through?
pipe hit and some 20x always gets me to break through... .. most people on the net in the early 2000's would say to go for a dry bong cause salvia is supposedly water soluable and going through the water will weaken the hit, but that's not really the general consensus on the net anymore, people seem to say water bongs are just as good. not sure what to believe... extract hits off a pipe get me to another reality though, and i like to be able to have the pipe in my hands for when i get back to reality. it makes sense to me to have the pipe in my hands "oh yeah. i just smoked this stuff and that's why this is happening." lol... i never needed anything beyond a bic lighter to light it either... i've always been an extract person though. leaves just make me feel weird. no loss of reality no matter how i hold in or take the hit. although i've never tried heating the leaves with a higher temp lighter.

from some trip reports i read it seems like smoking dmt is more euphoric or easier to deal with than salvia and others it seems like it'd be pretty hard to tell them apart and people get intense feelings with gravity on the dmt too... wonder if i'll ever get to try any of that stuff. from what i experience with salvia and high dose lsd, i can't really see it mattering much or like it would be much of a different experience. high dose lsd and salvia kind of brought me to the same places. lsd can get more realistic being in another reality, but just generally travelling through cartoon like time travel stuff.

Yeah I haven't tried the grand DMT neither and it upsets me..I think it and I would get much aqointnted.

Definitely breaking through with bong and torch light.

Some people just like to get a bit wonky on it.

I'm not sure you get the full therapeutic effect unless you surrender to it completely and let it drag you into the other space.

You know if you broke through.

pipe hit and some 20x always gets me to break through... .. most people on the net in the early 2000's would say to go for a dry bong cause salvia is supposedly water soluable and going through the water will weaken the hit, but that's not really the general consensus on the net anymore, people seem to say water bongs are just as good. not sure what to believe... extract hits off a pipe get me to another reality though, and i like to be able to have the pipe in my hands for when i get back to reality. it makes sense to me to have the pipe in my hands "oh yeah. i just smoked this stuff and that's why this is happening." lol... i never needed anything beyond a bic lighter to light it either... i've always been an extract person though. leaves just make me feel weird. no loss of reality no matter how i hold in or take the hit. although i've never tried heating the leaves with a higher temp lighter.

Yeah I spit out a lie...I've witnessed countless people turn into other space, world, dimension..or become a puddle of water or turn into a physical object in the room like being trapped in a guitar amplifier..while using bong method & torch, idk should do the trick.

For me it was always by pipe and if ripped hard it sent me all "wonky"(thanks for sum vocab. badboy) & pulled hard with gravity sensation but never broke through(my opinion). Also easy hits if I'm desperate for sleep, I noticed Salvia gives heavy eyelids/general sleepiness in low dose hit/s especially paired with Marijuana.

you're right - it is a little too serious

that's why you should smoke dmt while peaking on acid

the acid lightens it up and makes it far less serious

you're right - it is a little too serious

that's why you should smoke dmt while peaking on acid

the acid lightens it up and makes it far less serious
Bro I did exactly that and my dog turned into 4 portals and everything came a little too to life, needless to say. It was sick. That being said seriously don't do this if you freaked out you will fucking have a heart attack if you can't handle that trip.

idk - but i had one of the greatest times of my tripping life when i did that

i’m rather inexperienced with psychedelics, i’ve tried shrooms and lsd, kinda freaked out on shrooms (4g) and just didn’t really enjoy lsd (one tab of what i assume was 100 ug) but im considering trying dmt, thoughts?
You should certainly become more experienced with less intense psychedelics before delving into DMT. Maybe a 1.5-2g dose of shrooms would be better, and with a tripsitter.

If the acid you got was legit, it may have been either 100 or 200ug, as those are the most common doses of acid per tab (at least IME). 250ug is also possible, but not probable.

The best thing about DMT, is that it's so short, even it turns out to be a rough ride, it's over in a couple minutes